Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Is there better braking action than Good?

Nope. There's another category to known as Sh!te as an EI pilot said only recently on the company frequency. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

EI243 LGW-DUB being operated by EI-EPT (A319).

Didn't realise EI had any A319's left.

Winds at IOM currently 190 at 29kts gusting 40kts - X-wind being 32kt and the Runway is wet! :cool:

https://www.flightradar24.com/BEE3MG/8c0b460

Runway being damp, wet, and wet with standing water, do they directly correlate to breaking action readings?

Those Flybe's can really hold for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Stobart's other most recent ATR EI-FMK inbound to cork now.. That's their two newest machines now based at cork.. Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

http://www.flightradar24.com/STK58ED/8c0bf9b STK58ed on west apron with rescue vehicles surrounding aswell as police due to unruly pax I think I heard over freq

Must be the weather, really getting to people! Just look at the weather fourm!

http://www.flightradar24.com/STK58ED/8c0bf9b STK58ed on west apron with rescue vehicles surrounding aswell as police due to unruly pax I think I heard over freq

No it's a bit more serious than that.

Runway being damp, wet, and wet with standing water, do they directly correlate to breaking action readings?

Yep they kind of do, the breaking action would go on runway friction test or through PIREPs majorly.
    No it's a bit more serious than that.

Any more info? :confused:

A note passed to cabin crew that 4 people on board with knives. ERU have surrounded the aircraft.

• Advertisement

A note passed to cabin crew that 4 people on board with knives. ERU have surrounded the aircraft.

Christ, hope all are ok

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Christ, hope all are ok

Most likely something written on a piece of paper from an earlier flight discovered by subsequent pax.

Most likely something written on a piece of paper from an earlier flight discovered by subsequent pax.

There was a big crackdown on this recently within EI, particular pax wrote BOMB in Lav across the table. As such with any threat the aircraft was grounded for its next sector, searched thoroughly. Corporate security pulled up the passenger details for the particular seat and gardai pursued it.

Just hearing a man was forcibly removed from the EDI flight by ERU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

EI243 LGW-DUB being operated by EI-EPT (A319).
    Didn't realise EI had any A319's left.

Oh yes, EI-EPU and EI-EPT have been tormenting us up here at Belfast City for months, with no reprieve in sight...

Jack1985 wrote: »
    There was a big crackdown on this recently within EI, particular pax wrote BOMB in Lav across the table. As such with any threat the aircraft was grounded for its next sector, searched thoroughly. Corporate security pulled up the passenger details for the particular seat and gardai pursued it.

Sounds like an easy way for a prankster to drop some innocent passenger into hot water. Fold-down and check your tables, everyone, when you return from a toilet-trip.

Not that I know what to do if someone had written that on my table. Trying to explain it to the cabin crew without them triggering on 'the' word might be difficult.

arubex wrote: »
    Sounds like an easy way for a prankster to drop some innocent passenger into hot water. Fold-down and check your tables, everyone, when you return from a toilet-trip.

Not that I know what to do if someone had written that on my table. Trying to explain it to the cabin crew without them triggering on 'the' word might be difficult.

Not really. Aircraft was cleaned after its first sector, it was spotted being cleaned for the the 3rd sector.

T'would be fairly shocking for a passenger to be mid-flight and pull down the tray to find bomb written across it, could have caused a panic if that happened. I'd say the cleaner wasn't impressed either. Edit: Or am I getting confused between 2 incidents?

I was more thinking of the guy from seat 12D ( or whatever ) receiving an unannounced visit from the Gardai with no direct evidence that he wrote it. Could have been the guy in 12E that did it.

FR669 gone around due to traffic on Runway at DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Pax removed had suspected mental health issues. False alarm but he had claimed 4 men on board had knives so understandably the Gardai took no chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Sweet private plane about to take off from DUB.

1C2C991C-7903-4011-8DA5-223D417B90E1_zpslk2xhtx3.png

768A9ED2-DD4A-47F9-8967-0C426CCE9E0B_zpssqdl7pbv.png

The Shannon tower/app feed is completely fecked, most transmittions are very broken and unintelligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

FR119 took off at 21:39?

Looking at the METARS (Weather Reports), TAF's are the Forecasts, I could look at those too but the METARS are more useful.

These are the two relevant METARS:

EGKK 062150Z 19019G29KT 150V220 7000 RA BKN012 09/08 Q0987
    London Gatwick, 06 Feburary 21:50, wind 190 degrees 19kts Gusting 29kts, variation from 150degrees to 220degrees, visibility 7000m, weather moderate rain, clouds broken at 1200ft, temperature 9c, dewpoint 8c, QNH 987 hPa

EGKK 062120Z 17015G29KT 7000 RA BKN016 09/08 Q0988
    London Gatwick 06 Feburary 21:20 wind 170 degrees 15kts gusting 29kts, visibility 7000m, weather moderate rain, clouds broken at 1600ft, temperture 9c, dewpoint 8c, QNH 988 hPa

Almost complete/complete crosswind on Gatwicks RWY26/08 with a gust of 29kts. With a wet runway the crosswind limit is around 35-40kts for Ryanair I think, could be wrong there though.

Thanks for that.... it was pretty much a complete crosswind alright, noticed that on Netweather. Only 29kts gust though... dread to think what takeoff/landing would be close to limits. Part of me would like to give it a lash.... if I didn't have to go to work the following day after a divert to Shannon!

Wind just out of limits for EI887 on approach to Cork, 250 degrees gusting 39kts. Continuing approach hoping for the wind to return to 240 degrees or for the gust to drop.

Update: EI887 going around. Going to enter hold to wait for the gust to drop.
    Update 2: Gust down to 33kts, making another approach

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BZ

EGLL showing gusts up to 55 knots between 1200 and 1700 tomorrow. Should make for some interesting viewing.

I wonder which airports EI725 (LHR-ORK) will end up in tonight. ORK,SNN or DUB?

On approach to RWY35 at ORK now, gust only 33kts, got in between a shower:D

Few go arounds at LGW now, wind only 17kts G28kts, but thunderstorms in the vicinity, so likely VERY turbulent with possible windshear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Few go arounds at LGW now, wind only 17kts G28kts, but thunderstorms in the vicinity, so likely VERY turbulent with possible windshear.

Yes I've been watching the stuff trying to get into LGW ! Everything delayed too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

As far as I can see the 2 new Stobart ATR's are the only flights to depart ORK this morning (FMJ and FMK).

Can't find the FR902 has it left yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement