Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dallas Cowboys Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Tony Romo has had players wide open that would have resulted in touchdowns both times but he tried to force the pass and it results in 2 interceptions instead. Good going Tony. On the bright side the defence doesn't look like the worst in the league so that's something.

Oh and run the ball all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How has Romo the starting job for so long

He was really good last year in fairness, considering they had the 3rd worst defence ever and they still ended up 8-8. And they should have had at least two more wins last year, the Detroit and Green Bay games come to mind. This is getting silly now though. First round pick next year and John Harbaugh as head coach next year please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Double C wrote: »
    John Harbaugh as head coach next year please!

I hope you mean Jim Harbaugh. John Harbaugh is not leaving Baltimore!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I hope you mean Jim Harbaugh. John Harbaugh is not leaving Baltimore!

Correct and right, I always get them mixed up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

4-1 thus far lads, never thought it would be such a good start but still think we'll be destroyed by better teams than we have faced thus far

17-17 v the Hawks
    Am I dreaming
    please don't let TR do something stupid...,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

brinty wrote: »
    17-17 v the Hawks
    Am I dreaming
    please don't let TR do something stupid...,

Lol

woohoo
    Romo didn't do anything stupid
    we beat the Giants
    we're 6-1
    Murray is in Beast mode
    I'm hopeful???
    Please let this continue

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You know by going 6-1 the Cowboys will have to find a a superb way to get to 8-8. It's the Cowboys way to finish 8-8. Cowboys fans know this in their heart.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You know by going 6-1 the Cowboys will have to find a a superb way to get to 8-8. It's the Cowboys way to finish 8-8. Cowboys fans know this in their heart.

Thats what scares me right now...if we end up 8-8 from this position g'luck to Garrett

C'mon down Mr San Fran Harbaugh...shudder the thought!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

8-3, and a double over the jammy jammy Giants.... shame the Eagles look stronger in terms of winning the NFC East though, still, stranger things have happened... play off's a realistic prospect (albeit WC) but with such a poor post season record would anyone else hold out hope of progressing further than the WC game?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    8-3, and a double over the jammy jammy Giants.... shame the Eagles look stronger in terms of winning the NFC East though, still, stranger things have happened... play off's a realistic prospect (albeit WC) but with such a poor post season record would anyone else hold out hope of progressing further than the WC game?

We're gonna win the Superbowl...i can feels it in my bones....:p

We're gonna win the Superbowl...i can feels it in my bones....:p

Nah, way too flakey for that... NFC Championship game would be nice though, but probably as unrealistic:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Nah, way too flakey for that... NFC Championship game would be nice though, but probably as unrealistic:D

I'm kidding DvB
    i'd take a WC game at this stage
    just to show progress
    and build further in the 2015 with Sean Lee back in harness and a beef'd up defensive Line putting the D in Big D ;)
    Some astute draft's and a genuine back up for TR is a must now (god help us if we're left with Wheedon)

I'm kidding DvB
    i'd take a WC game at this stage
    just to show progress
    and build further in the 2015 with Sean Lee back in harness and a beef'd up defensive Line putting the D in Big D ;)
    Some astute draft's and a genuine back up for TR is a must now (god help us if we're left with Wheedon)

I'd go along with that. Some clear deficiencies in the team that need to be addressed if genuinely looking to mount a serious SB challenge. As inconsistent as TR can be as you say, when he's out theres not alot of options coming off the bench.

I'd go along with that. Some clear deficiencies in the team that need to be addressed if genuinely looking to mount a serious SB challenge. As inconsistent as TR can be as you say, when he's out theres not alot of options coming off the bench.

Couldn't agree more DvB, wonder if the Browns would be willing to trade us Johnny Football?? Give him two years under Romo and the offensive line taking some snaps when games are done and dusted and giving him a few starts, unless there's a star in College football worth considering in the next couple of years??

I wish I could say I'm surprised at last night scoreline, sadly I'm not, Always fancied the Eagles to have too much for the cowboys in a direct head to head.... a win in the return game for them & that'll be the NFC East done & dusted.

I wish I could say I'm surprised at last night scoreline, sadly I'm not, Always fancied the Eagles to have too much for the cowboys in a direct head to head.... a win in the return game for them & that'll be the NFC East done & dusted.

DvB how right you are
    whats most annoying is how we lost to a terrible QB Mr Butt Fumble himself and we let him take one in for the TD
    Dez AND Murray got shut down and TR was TR... i lost count of the turnovers
    thats just not good enough..
    i don't see how we win in Philly either so we're hoping for a wild card now and thats a remote hope at best given Detroit and Seattle are in the wild card spots on 8-4 also.
    was so optimistic at 6-1 but we've gone 2-3 since then
    i think someone said it would be interesting to see how the cowboys manage to get to 8-8 from 6-1 but ye know its possible..

DvB how right you are
    whats most annoying is how we lost to a terrible QB Mr Butt Fumble himself and we let him take one in for the TD
    Dez AND Murray got shut down and TR was TR... i lost count of the turnovers
    thats just not good enough..
    i don't see how we win in Philly either so we're hoping for a wild card now and thats a remote hope at best given Detroit and Seattle are in the wild card spots on 8-4 also.
    was so optimistic at 6-1 but we've gone 2-3 since then
    i think someone said it would be interesting to see how the cowboys manage to get to 8-8 from 6-1 but ye know its possible..

Looking at the remaining 4 fixtures i think 10-6 is more likely, though wouldn't rule out 9-7 which definitely wont be good enough for a WC now Seattle & a couple of others are getting back on track. Thinkthe WC's will go down to the last game myself, unless we lose the next 3 on the spin or suchlike.
    A season that didn't promise much before, promised loads @ 6-1 but will most likely end up disappointing most of the fans.

Nearly 20 years now without a SB..... :(

• Advertisement

What's seldom is wonderful.... NFC East champions!!!! & still in with a (slim) chance of a first round bye in the PO's.... waaay more than I expected for this year.

NFC East champions baby....

What's seldom is wonderful.... NFC East champions!!!! & still in with a (slim) chance of a first round bye in the PO's.... waaay more than I expected for this year.

And there's room for improvement too.

Everything after this weekend is a bonus.

Who'd have thought that Losing Ware, Hatcher and Lee from last seasons defence that we'd come throught his season.

The defense destroyed Luck last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

NFC East champions baby....

2009 seems like it was so long ago.

Now to lose in the wild card game...

Time this got a bump
    How bout them cowboys and what a great season
    Referee's call aside last weekend we pushed the pack to the wire and should've won
    The experience will stand us in good stead for 2015.
    Draft and free agency roster will decide how 2015 will go, getting Dez and Demarco tied down is essential and Sean Lee back in the secondary will be like having a new player.
    The O-Line is very strong so a couple of hot tackles would be welcomed.

Time this got a bump
    How bout them cowboys and what a great season
    Referee's call aside last weekend we pushed the pack to the wire and should've won
    The experience will stand us in good stead for 2015.
    Draft and free agency roster will decide how 2015 will go, getting Dez and Demarco tied down is essential and Sean Lee back in the secondary will be like having a new player.
    The O-Line is very strong so a couple of hot tackles would be welcomed.

Hard to argue, as you say keeping Bryant & Murray is crucial, lose either & its a step back IMO.
    Still expect the Eagles to improve for next year & the jammy Giants will bounce back as well, rarely a team dominates the NFC East and I expect that to be the same again next year, however, if the team is serious about challenging for SB's again the division is a minimum & if possible a top 2 NFC ranking too, that way its only the conference game on the road...
    (never though I'd say that 12 months ago)

All in all a great season, one that definitely exceeded expectations, hopefully 2015 doesn't bring us back down to earth with a whimper....

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

rumours still flying around that AP could be leaving vikes - and Jerry & AP have said there is mutual interest there - dont be suprised if murray does hit free agency!

rumours still flying around that AP could be leaving vikes - and Jerry & AP have said there is mutual interest there - dont be suprised if murray does hit free agency!

Adrian Peterson is a downgrade on Demarco, no way would i take that deal... jerry will get the deals done for Dez and Demarco unless we've got a RB lined up in the draft, but most predictions have us picking up a Defensive end or Tackle on the D Line so they must be confident Demarco will be staying around.

• Advertisement

Bugger
    That's not great for sure
    Let's hope it's a bluff to get the boys to commit

Advertisement