Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea Fishing

• 21-06-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Just looking for help on people who do day sea fishing trips if ye know any charters or anything. Not much on the internet that i can find for it! I went to Dungarvan and Youghal mostly before but lost all the numbers for them. Any websites that i could get info off would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Erk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Try Saleens in Waterford. Good spot for Baas, Mullet and Sea Trout!

http://www.geograph.ie/photo/823907

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Thanks. Think its either going to be Dungarvan or Youghal easiest option for us. Would any one recommend one fromt he another before i book it? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Erk wrote: »
    Thanks. Think its either going to be Dungarvan or Youghal easiest option for us. Would any one recommend one fromt he another before i book it? Thanks again.
    http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/boats%20-%20waterford.htm
    Any of the top two

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭hunterpajero

Martin colfer in youghal, his boat is the Rebecca c, don't have the number for him but I think I saw it on the fishing in Ireland website, very good he
    will go out of his way to get ye fish

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Is this an appropriate forum for me, amature fishing off a 4m boat in Cork harbour.
    As for fishing today, catch & release all 90% mackerel, 10% weird lookers.
    30+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Tom44 wrote: »
    Is this an appropriate forum for me, amature fishing off a 4m boat in Cork harbour.
    30+

The angling forum is - not sure about this thread though. Unless your offering to take the op out!

Post up any pics on the picture thread aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭nokiatom

Martin colfer in youghal, his boat is the Rebecca c, don't have the number for him but I think I saw it on the fishing in Ireland website, very good he
    will go out of his way to get ye fish
    Martin has passed away RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Tom44 wrote: »
    30+

Majority of the mackerel that you “ released” more likely died within a few minutes of hitting the water.
    Mackerel don’t release well. They go through a lot of stress when they’re hooked in groups and they don’t last long. You’re better off just killing them when they’re caught. Someone will eat them or use them for pike bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭nokiatom

Majority of the mackerel that you “ released” more likely died within a few minutes of hitting the water.
    Mackerel don’t release well. They go through a lot of stress when they’re hooked in groups and they don’t last long. You’re better off just killing them when they’re caught. Someone will eat them or use them for pike bait.

There's plenty of fish and crabs and lobsters etc that will eat any mackerel that don't survive. They won't be wasted!

Advertisement