Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pingpongpaul

Ok. New to these forums. The one song I'm having great dificulty in finding is the tune from the Miller advert where the guy peels off his suit in the lift as if it is a piece of paper. He crumbles it up as he heads into the party as he comes outta the lift. If anyone can help, fair play. Thanx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

Ok. New to these forums. The one song I'm having great dificulty in finding is the tune from the Miller advert where the guy peels off his suit in the lift as if it is a piece of paper. He crumbles it up as he heads into the party as he comes outta the lift. If anyone can help, fair play. Thanx!

It's by a German band called Le Hammond Inferno. The track is called
    'Speech Defects' and its from the album 'My first political dance
    album'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pingpongpaul

You are indeed a genius Livewire304. Many thanx for the name and quick reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

2 Requests:

The song (dancy type) - the video has a lot of people Freerunning in it.
    There's also another one out with a sample of C'n'C Music Factory's Everybody Dance Now.

To the guy asking about the X-Factor, it's possibly Sigur Ros's "Hoppipolla" from Takk, although they played a purely instrumental version on the show.

Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

C&C music factory one is Bob Sinclair....bloody travesty that tune.

Not sure on the freerunning....not Madonna's Jump is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

erm what is the name of the song that ray darcy was playing during the summer - camisata negra or something along those lines was part of the lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Does anyone remember a rendition of 'Waltzing Matilda' or 'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda' at the end of a film I saw recently (closing credits)??? It had a folky kind of Dylan/Donovan-esque sound to it. Pleeeeease!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dr Pepper wrote:
    Does anyone remember a rendition of 'Waltzing Matilda' or 'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda' at the end of a film I saw recently (closing credits)??? It had a folky kind of Dylan/Donovan-esque sound to it. Pleeeeease!!

What was the name of the film? That should make it easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

dub45 wrote:
    What was the name of the film? That should make it easy to find.
    You've to guess the name of the film that he was watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Sorry forgot to mention, I have no idea of the name of the film or the artist (or even what song it was exactly! :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dr Pepper wrote:

June Tabor does a version of that song that is just chilling. Check it out. Might be your one and if not then at least you get something cool to listen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

hamsterboy wrote:
    Ok, this is drivin me nuts. On UKTV Gold/G2 the sponsor of Top Gear has a 5 sec ad before they rejoin after a break and after the leave for one, as well as at the start and end of the show. The product is some sat-nav or something but the song sounds good (for the 5 seconds you can hear). The lyrics "I will follow you darling.......".

Anyone?

The song is "The Waiter Song", by Kid id and is available for free at http://www.kidid.co.uk/ if you want it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Whats the song used in the vodaphone ad with the animations/real people. The lyrics start off.... 'Space travels in my blood, there ain't nothing i can do about it...' part of the corous has 'im on another world with youuu, with u'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whats the song used in the vodaphone ad with the animations/real people. The lyrics start off.... 'Space travels in my blood, there ain't nothing i can do about it...' part of the corous has 'im on another world with youuu, with u'
    Blink 182 - "Another Girl, Another Planet"

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Hi all,
    Anyone know the name of the tune from "Ordinary Descent Criminal"? Its starting to bug me cause i really like it and i cannot find the name of it... Any help with finding the name appreciated...

Thanks all,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Anyone know the tune used in the current Eircom Broadband adverts?

Same music used on the radio ad as on the TV one.

Really good music, surprising for Eircom.

I feel i've heard it in a movie somewhere but i cant place it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

WellyJ wrote:
    Anyone know the tune used in the current Eircom Broadband adverts?

Same music used on the radio ad as on the TV one.

Really good music, surprising for Eircom.

I feel i've heard it in a movie somewhere but i cant place it.
    It sounds like a ba$tardisation of some of the music used in Magnolia. Seems to happen quite a bit that a recognisable tune is altered slightly for ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Dr Pepper wrote:

possibly the clancy brothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Squill wrote:
    Blink 182 - "Another Girl, Another Planet"

original and IMNSHO version by The Only Ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hopefully someone can help me with this...

I'm looking for the name / artist of a song that's been used in quite a few ads over the last few months. As far as I know it's instrumental ( at least I've never heard words ).

It was used in some GAA ads a few months ago, for the championship I think ( something about rivalries maybe, with lots of scenes from Croke Park ). It was also used in an Ariel ad that had an Eskimo washing clothes in an Ice Hole with a kid on her back. And it's currently being used in an Oxfam ad ( on the radio I think ).

Any ideas please?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭jasonb

Ah, god bless Boards.ie...

Managed to find the answer way back near the start of this thread. It's 'Hoppipolla' by Sigur Ros. It's been used in a lot of ads, so there's a chance that someone else might ask this in the future. To help, here's a link to the video, which, of course, also has the music playing...

http://www.hi.is/~peturv/sigur_ros-hoppipolla.wmv

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ok any one got any ideas on this one.

The first few lyrics go something along the lines of "Down, down, down you go. Will you stop, I don't know" something like that. It starts off real slow with just a piano or keyboard playing then speeds up a bit after that line and the drums and stuff come in. It was at the end of an episode of Malcolm in the Middle, the one when they get to stay home from school cause their MA's sick, and the song starts playing just as they drop a big trolley of paint cans and stuff off their roof onto a Ferrari. Any ideas? Thanks.

Slipss.. am guessing it's They Might Be Giants - 'Spiraling Shape'

Oh.. and nipping this in the bud before it gets asks (a lot probably).

The song in the new Lifestyle Sports ad is The Von Bondies - "Come On, Come On" (which most people would probably know as the theme to the TV show 'Rescue Me')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

ahh yeah thats the puppy, great little song, thanks Squill.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭dvega

Anyone know that tune from a gaa advert i think it was on RTE? It was on a few months ago,it was a very soothing tune. ive been trying to find out for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭dvega

ok it was right above me!! Sigur Ros-Hoppipola! but i have another one there was an advert on RTE few months ago i thinkit was about programs that were coming out on rte,i think it was from rodrigo y gabriela it was like a real fast guitar solo...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

[nicK] wrote:
    the group seem very familiar to me but i can't for the life of me think who it is.. anyone know it?

New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream (the Intel Core Duo 2 ad with female "I can give you want you want..." lyrics)

Anyone know the song on the new Guinness ad? (Some kind of new Guinness drink). Saw the ad twice today for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

dvega wrote:
    Anyone know that tune from a gaa advert i think it was on RTE? It was on a few months ago,it was a very soothing tune. ive been trying to find out for ages!

if it's the one that has the commentators sitting on the theatre stage, spliced with footage from games, then the song is 'everybodys a VIP to somebody' by The Go Team.

*edit* that might be more an RTE sport ad, than GAA though...*edit*

Advertisement