Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

9(ish) Days in China

• 24-07-2019 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭

I'm planning a trip to China next month and have around 9 days to spend. I'll be starting and ending in Beijing. First time in China so I want to take the hassle out of it by sticking to tours as much as possible.

I had originally planned on doing a 3 day hike tour of the lesser seen parts of the Great Wall and then a 5/6 day tour of the sights around Beijing. But then I noticed there were various 9 tours that did the sights of Beijing - Xian - Shanghai so was thinking that might be a better option.

Has anyone done either before? And which would they recommend? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm planning a trip to China next month and have around 9 days to spend. I'll be starting and ending in Beijing. First time in China so I want to take the hassle out of it by sticking to tours as much as possible.

I had originally planned on doing a 3 day hike tour of the lesser seen parts of the Great Wall and then a 5/6 day tour of the sights around Beijing. But then I noticed there were various 9 tours that did the sights of Beijing - Xian - Shanghai so was thinking that might be a better option.

Has anyone done either before? And which would they recommend? Thanks!

Your first plan makes sense. There's enough to keep you occupied in Beijing itself for weeks.

The idea of trying to travel to Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an in that timeframe is nuts tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Make it 12/13 days and you can do all 3. 6 days in Beijing sounds like overkill to me. I've been there twice. Got the train on my own, overnight from Beijing to Xian and from Xian to Shanghai and then back to Beijing.

Advertisement