Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Ok, so me, a listener, is prowling here. What does that make you, a non-listener, who still posts on the thread 6 weeks after they turned the show on?

Said it before, haters gonna hate.

Any other shows you don't listen to we should avoid?

You just can't resist. :pac:

Like I said ..... Enjoy your self appointed role.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Uncharted wrote: »
    You just can't resist. :pac:

Like I said ..... Enjoy your self appointed role.

Haven't you heard? I'm paid by NT to post here. :pac::pac:

What's your excuse?

Mod - Guys less of the personal stuff, please?

Also a reminder that the charter includes a specific ban on "If you don't like it, change the channel" type posts. All opinions are welcome, positive or critical, so long as they are reasonably courteous towards other users, or don't otherwise infringe the charter.

Lets back back to discussing the show, not one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goochy

been away for a few weeks - lol - some things never change

interesting revelation from Ciara , noticed how she said I and not we , is she separated ? saw an article about her husband but think it was about them moving house.

• Advertisement

goochy wrote: »
    interesting revelation from Ciara , noticed how she said I and not we , is she separated ? saw an article about her husband but think it was about them moving house.
    I don't think she's separated. Not that her marriage is anyone's business. She seems to deliberately not discuss her husband on radio and we ought to respect that.

I think it was a very courageous statement. The idea of your income dropping by half, and worrying about how to provide for your kids, must be terrifying. To talk about that on national radio would be daunting for most of us, but why should it? People in arrears have very often done all the right things, as approved by banks.

Fair play to that caller Deborah too.

i think she shouldnt have made it look like it was all her house / mortgage - could have said ' we ' . Its normal think if you have a partner

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ciara Kelly using “I” instead of “we”? No way, I don’t believe it. Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Uncharted wrote: »
    ?????????

I stopped listening about 6 weeks ago.

So obviously I wasn't aware she wasn't on today.

....so thanks for the info.

Nice to see you still prowl the halls here.
    Enjoy your role.

You would have to say that his incredible dedication to defending each and every one of Ciara Kelly's actions is nearly impressive at this stage :pac:

You would have to say that his incredible dedication to defending each and every one of Ciara Kelly's actions is nearly impressive at this stage :pac:

Correction. I don't defend all of Ciara's actions, I point out the ludicrous nature of a lot of the complaints. Quite the difference there, you're a Dr, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Correction. I don't defend all of Ciara's actions, I point out the ludicrous nature of a lot of the complaints. Quite the difference there, you're a Dr, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Can I ask when have you criticised her then, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Wow! My time machine has finally worked!

Discussion today on mortgage arrears , repossession orders and vulture funds.
    At about 1.30 a caller rang in, he had a long employment history in banking and financial services yet he himself was now at the mercy of the banks/vulture funds.

He said he could give some deeper insights into how the banks operated and why. He barely got started and Ciara seemed to lose interest and cut the call and moved to a new topic. I thought this was such a pity as I was very interested in what he had to say. It could have also been a great help to all the previous callers . It’s almost like she wasn’t listening .

Ciara using show like a doctors surgery - we are all her patients and if we talk to her everything will be alright - dont like being seen as one of her chums . theres nothing else on at same time to listen to and she reminds me why i dislike feminism so much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think she is preforming public service broadcasting. Helping frustrated mostly men (it seems) live out their frustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think she is preforming public service broadcasting. Helping frustrated mostly men (it seems) live out their frustrations.
    Hmmm, yes, that's a real service the public are crying out for :pac:

Can I ask when have you criticised her then, and why?
    It's not relevant. Nobody is obliged to fill a certain quota of praise / criticism. I've probably never criticised CK here, and neither should anybody be asked to do so, or to praise, if they don't feel it's merited.

Everybody knows the deal with this by now, the next step if this continues will be a colourful assortment of cards - Mod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Ciara got all of one text in to support her dubious statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

This lad must have called in and asked for a lecture, did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus, she's fairly het up about this. And bordering on being rude about it.

• Advertisement

He gave as good as he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

He gave as good as he got.

When he made that remark about her "not going to be convinced" I thought she was going to blow a gasket.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Is it possible that all the people that contribute to the show are her friends or friends of a friend, because I can't image why anyone would want to debate with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

Is it possible that all the people that contribute to the show are her friends or friends of a friend, because I can't image why anyone would want to debate with her!

I sent in a comment once that was ‘to the right’ of her usual opinions and that of the person she was interviewing. I got a call back a few minutes later asking me if I’d like to come on the show. I would have except I was going into a meeting in work. Probably had a lucky escape coz I’d struggle to listen to her tell me why I was wrong without firing back.

Some bloke on the phone to Ciara, he has rang a national radio station to complain that his ex's Mum called him a "bloke" or "the bloke"... "Who calls someone a bloke?" (radio silence)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Ciara just met her match with a caller just on. She was wondering what was it that people were happy in electing people like Boris or Trump. The caller nailed it as he spoke of the media and political obsession with transgender issues and a lot of other pc areas. These are no doubt important, but to a fraction compared to a huge majority who are left alienated.

CK currently having a conniption over last night's Prime Time investigation about a Dublin crèche-- can't blame her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

CK currently having a conniption over last night's Prime Time investigation about a Dublin crèche-- can't blame her.

She is right about nobody monitoring creches by department.

meeeeh wrote: »
    She is right about nobody monitoring creches by department.
    Yep. And this isn't the first time PT has done a similar investigation. CK keeps apologising for being cross, I think anyone who has a kid & watched that programme has to be raging.

• Advertisement

Yep. And this isn't the first time PT has done a similar investigation. CK keeps apologising for being cross, I think anyone who has a kid & watched that programme has to be raging.

Was visiting friend last night who has two children bin creches. Not this chain.
    She couldn't even watch the ad and switched over when it came on.

Parents with children there must be apoplectic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement