Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Thesiger wrote: »
    Anybody here tried the whiskey? Any use?

I'm no connoisseur but in comparison to the likes of Jameson, Jack Daniels etc its rotten. Tastes like it was rushed out of the factory. Its like the Tuborg/Bavaria of Whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yaguhu cloud

Doff wrote: »
    I'm no connoisseur but in comparison to the likes of Jameson, Jack Daniels etc its rotten. Tastes like it was rushed out of the factory. Its like the Tuborg/Bavaria of Whiskey.

theres nothing wrong with Bavaria...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Doff wrote: »

A lot of people just turn their nose up at it just because it's McGregor's.
    I know people who drink expensive whiskey and say Proper 12 is easy to drink, and not as bad as most people say. They are not snobs, they just appreciate whiskey. At least 65% who say it's shíte haven't even tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Effects wrote: »
    I know people who drink expensive whiskey and say Proper 12 is easy to drink, and not as bad as most people say. They are not snobs, they just appreciate whiskey. At least 65% who say it's shíte haven't even tried it.

I'd say it's fine, but for it's price I wouldn't consider buying it again. There are far nicer bottles for half the price around imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I drink plenty of whiskey good, bad, cheap, expensive and Proper 12 is not good. It's too raw tasting, I'd rather drink Bushmills white.

At €35 a bottle its up against some really good whiskeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

That's an oddly specific number, have you got a source for that?

The only reason I tried it is because it's McGregor's.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »
    I drink plenty of whiskey good, bad, cheap, expensive and Proper 12 is not good. It's too raw tasting, I'd rather drink Bushmills white.

At €35 a bottle its up against some really good whiskeys.
    There are better whiskeys for that price. I’m don’t if any are really good for €35 though, relatively speaking.

There’s nothing wrong with Bushmills. It’s one if the better ones imo. It funny when people carry on like it’s pisswater now that McGregor is attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s still quite difficult to get Proper 12 in Ireland. I think the big Tescos have it?? I bought it only once in the Dublin duty free, the only time I saw it in a shop actually, and drank it out foreign. It only cost €20 there. It was good enough for that price but if I had to pay full price if it’s €35 I would definitely buy JD or Jameson instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

It’s still quite difficult to get Proper 12 in Ireland. I think the big Tescos have it?? I bought it only once in the Dublin duty free, the only time I saw it in a shop actually, and drank it out foreign. It only cost €20 there. It was good enough for that price but if I had to pay full price if it’s €35 I would definitely buy JD or Jameson instead.

Jaysus, if you'd sooner buy Jack Daniel's than Proper 12, it must be bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Hi.

Apologies if this doesn't count because it's not about MMA, but i wanted to post it once and once only. Because there will be MMA based guests + MMA discussion. I'm just not starting or focusing on "only" an MMA podcast.

I've started / am starting a new podcast based in the centre of dublin. It's going to be videoed. We've done 6 episodes as testers and very happy with the feedback, will be launching within the next 2 weeks or so on all audio platforms for podcasts as well as the video uploaded like this to youtube.

if you like it, just tell someone about it. it would be massively appreciated, got knocked down pretty badly in the last 12 months but I'd rather dust myself off and give something i like a go then just running off to the mats for the rest of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Hi.

Apologies if this doesn't count because it's not about MMA, but i wanted to post it once and once only. Because there will be MMA based guests + MMA discussion. I'm just not starting or focusing on "only" an MMA podcast.

I've started / am starting a new podcast based in the centre of dublin. It's going to be videoed. We've done 6 episodes as testers and very happy with the feedback, will be launching within the next 2 weeks or so on all audio platforms for podcasts as well as the video uploaded like this to youtube.

if you like it, just tell someone about it. it would be massively appreciated, got knocked down pretty badly in the last 12 months but I'd rather dust myself off and give something i like a go then just running off to the mats for the rest of my life.

Best of luck with it Andrew! Will throw it on later on for a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Will it be available on audio at all? or just video?

Always loved your stuff with severe so will definitley try check it out

I’ll give it a listen tomorrow. Help me get through my cardio session.
    Btw how's the jiujitsu going? I noticed you sharing on Facebook a seminar with Tom yesterday

D.Q wrote: »
    Will it be available on audio at all? or just video?

Always loved your stuff with severe so will definitley try check it out

It will be, I've considered these ones I've done as the "are you going to do this stuff again" research. I've got a really good team of people behind me who have more been the encouragement in doing something like this again who from episode "1" will ensure it's basically on every audio platform possible for Podcasting as well as the full video thrown up onto a YouTube link.

I appreciate that too as well, Severe was a special time. It's influenced my thinking and approach with this project massively.

Mellor wrote: »
    I’ll give it a listen tomorrow. Help me get through my cardio session.
    Btw how's the jiujitsu going? I noticed you sharing on Facebook a seminar with Tom yesterday

It will help you through it and then listening to Tom will make you want to double your output so prepare for that!

JiuJitsu is a life saver, literally. I'll end up ****ing on about it loads on the podcast but as you and a few others know i've been training full time for over a year now. It's been very isolating and lonely at times, I'd lost contact with a lot of close friends over just training 2/3 times a day but strenghtened relationships with those i'm training with day in day out. The goals for the end of the year or season are to win the irish open, win the nogi worlds and get my brown belt before the end of the year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hi.

Best of luck with it Andrew!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mellor wrote: »
    There are better whiskeys for that price. I’m don’t if any are really good for €35 though, relatively speaking.

There’s nothing wrong with Bushmills. It’s one if the better ones imo. It funny when people carry on like it’s pisswater now that McGregor is attached.

Everything in that price range is better and I compared to bushmills white as that is who make it. You buy it to tag McGregor in a pic on Instagram, that's it. You really couldn't drink it straight.

Jameson caskmates is in the same bracket and you couldn't compare the quality.
    It is what it is, a 3 year old blend well overpriced.

rob316 wrote: »
    Everything in that price range is better and I compared to bushmills white as that is who make it. You buy it to tag McGregor in a pic on Instagram, that's it. You really couldn't drink it straight.

Jameson caskmates is in the same bracket and you couldn't compare the quality.
    It is what it is, a 3 year old blend well overpriced.
    I’m well aware who makes it. You just made my point. With McGregor name attached you can’t drink it straight.
    Never heard that criticism of Bushmills (white/black) prior to Proper12 coming on the scene.
    It’s definitely young, but 3 years is speculation.
    There’s a 3 year old and very basic bushmills and it was nothing like proper 12.

The first caskmates was good. But the others haven’t been great imo. It’s young too. Sending casks to Australia and back. Sticking the brewery on the bottle. Who do you think pays for that?

It will help you through it and then listening to Tom will make you want to double your output so prepare for that!

JiuJitsu is a life saver, literally. I'll end up ****ing on about it loads on the podcast but as you and a few others know i've been training full time for over a year now. It's been very isolating and lonely at times, I'd lost contact with a lot of close friends over just training 2/3 times a day but strenghtened relationships with those i'm training with day in day out. The goals for the end of the year or season are to win the irish open, win the nogi worlds and get my brown belt before the end of the year.
    Good stuff. Go for it.
    I have been able to train since March. Going insane tbh. Need to get back and compete again. Won’t be aiming for worlds but I’d be happy with an international comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What a scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Must be a slow day if this is being dragged up again

Has this footage been released before?

Footage, I don't believe so.

That's the incident from the pub a few years back though, by the looks of it. The Marble Arch, maybe?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Footage, I don't believe so.

That's the incident from the pub a few years back though, by the looks of it. The Marble Arch, maybe?

From April this year in the Marble Arch.

Same clothes he was wearing the night before

1_McGregor-usePNG.png

Genuinely thought it was further back than that.
    Either way, old news, again.

Like I said, must be a slow day

Genuinely thought it was further back than that.
    Either way, old news, again.

Like I said, must be a slow day

Not really when theres a video of it now. A video of maybe the biggest sportsperson in the world sucker punching an old man in a pub after a 24 hour bender.

"old news"

It's August, this happened back in April.
    I'd consider 4 months to be old news, personally.

It was discussed back when it actually happened.

The Nal wrote: »
    Not really when theres a video of it now. A video of maybe the biggest sportsperson in the world sucker punching an old man in a pub after a 24 hour bender.

"old news"

Definitely not old news when there is a video.

Pure knacker behaviour of the lowest order.

Imagine if a 30 year old mma fighter sucker punched your elderly grandad or dad around the head with no warning.

• Advertisement

It's August, this happened back in April.
    I'd consider 4 months to be old news, personally.

It was discussed back when it actually happened.

Considering this is now proof of assault I'd wager the law wouldn't consider it "old news".

Advertisement