Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you hold a FAS/SOLAS safepass?

Options
  • 19-07-2019 12:27pm

I hold a current valid SOLAS safepass card. Do you think it would be useful to develop a safepass for farming specifically?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

xieann wrote: »
    I hold a current valid SOLAS safepass card. Do you think it would be useful to develop a safepass for farming specifically?

Have a safepass, just a box ticking exercise. Any site I go to it's a tick the box.

It's not worth a damn. A site with EHS mgt will ensirenall is in order, and even yesterday a guy falls through a false floor in Dublin.

A safe pass for farmers, yes, but geared towards animals, chemicals and machinery. Designed by farmers and content regularly revised. I could swear that the first safe pass I did has the same questions as the last safe pass I did almost two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The safe pass is such a load of bollix. The first time you might pic up a few factoids you didn't know. Then when it expires 4 years later you just have to grit through it and the main point of the exercise is to make sure the company giving the course gets some money out of your pocket

Advertisement