Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walking Poles on Flights

Options
  • 10-07-2019 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Just wondering if any has had any issues getting poles on flghts - we are travelling to Italy in August and will be only taking carry on. I expect them to require they are stashed in with checked luggage? We have a tight connection to make at the other end!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Travelled to Romania a couple of years back with walking poles in the bag, I was given a choice check-in the luggage or leave the poles behind. I can't see you being treated any different tbh. I flew with RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Thanks, we are with Lufthansa which I am hoping may be more sympathetic but seems like luggage or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

In 2017 I flew with ryanair to biarritz with no problem. Flying out of Vigo security lady started questioning me, but we did not share a language. She called over a supervisor who waved me through.
    I dont know they actual policy, was just chancing my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

To close this out - had no issue with Aer Lingus/KLM (i mentioned Lufthansa by mistake previously). Poles dismantled and fit into bags and not a word uttered.

Advertisement