Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallest detailed tattoo

• 27-03-2019 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm toying with the idea of getting a very basic small tattoo on my thigh.

Two playing cards, one over the other as in the photo.

c3508-playingcards.jpg

Would be looking for Queen of hearts and diamonds and just black. What's the smallest I could get it with the heart/diamond still visible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I'm toying with the idea of getting a very basic small tattoo on my thigh.

Two playing cards, one over the other as in the photo.

c3508-playingcards.jpg

Would be looking for Queen of hearts and diamonds and just black. What's the smallest I could get it with the heart/diamond still visible?

Hard to say - best to book a consultation with an artist you like and have them take a look. People sometimes say "but the artist always wants to make it bigger" and that tends to be a good sign. With small tattoos the thing to keep in mind is that, as the skin ages, they will become less and less defined. The bigger the tattoo, the thicker the lines, the better it will hold up with age.

From experience I'm thinking a couple of inches high anyway, unless you're wanting to get a single needle tattoo (which I wouldn't recommend, they get blurry quick, especially in a high traffic area such as your thigh (pants on, pants off - You'll notice if it's high traffic by the amount / length of hair you have there)

Advertisement