Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Redmi 9 Pro £229 - Amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Del007 wrote: »
    I tried with a kbc and revolut card, no luck

Won't accept any card not based in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭cuculainn

on amazon for 220 now......6G/128

dispatched and sold by amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088FQRW9Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

cuculainn wrote: »
    on amazon for 220 now......6G/128

dispatched and sold by amazon

Link please
    Friend looking for one now.

edited post above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

are these good yeh? have a note 7 64gb, working eprfect but the woman eneds a new phone, could give her my 7 and get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    are these good yeh? have a note 7 64gb, working eprfect but the woman eneds a new phone, could give her my 7 and get this.

They're all the same , if yours is working fine then treat your woman to a brand new phone.
    ...... Unless it's the type of relationship where one partner has to do all the installing, connecting to WiFi, porting data across....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Treppen wrote: »
    They're all the same , if yours is working fine then treat your woman to a brand new phone.
    ...... Unless it's the type of relationship where one partner has to do all the installing, connecting to WiFi, porting data across....

she works in IT and i STILL have to do all that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Mate 20 pro screen is in bits, worth the upgrade? Or is it a downgrade?

jonny_b wrote: »
    Mate 20 pro screen is in bits, worth the upgrade? Or is it a downgrade?

Could you get a screen replacement? there's Celtic repairs or Maxburns .

From my experience screens on Xiaomi were potato unless they've changed. Get one of those fold over covers.

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    she works in IT and i STILL have to do all that ****e.

Maybe buy it for her and give it to her just before you head off for a long weekend away... Where there's no WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is there wireless chargering on this I can't seem to get this to work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there wireless chargering on this I can't seem to get this to work ?

No wireless charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Note 8T arrived yesterday via Parcel Motel from:

https://mobile.mi.com/uk

Very nice phone, NFC, camera is superb and at €120 unbelievable for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Note 8T arrived yesterday via Parcel Motel from:

https://mobile.mi.com/uk

Very nice phone, NFC, camera is superb and at €120 unbelievable for the money.

How did you manage to purchase from the Xiaomi UK site? I've tried numerous times but it won't accept my Irish Bank cards. Do you have a UK bank card?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

How did you manage to purchase from the Xiaomi UK site? I've tried numerous times but it won't accept my Irish Bank cards. Do you have a UK bank card?
    This. Cant even get it to take the BT364pe postcode or the Northern Ireland office phone number to go in

Phone arrived yesterday.

nice sise and feel.

Bloatware is annoying. There is a cleaner app and security app and a few others that i really want to get rid of

Not sure the battery is as good as i thought it would be.

the MiUI is annoying so changed to POCO launcher which doesnt have the google feed so switched back to the MIUI.

havent tried the camera,

fingerprint unlock is deadly

over all i like it but not sure what I was expecting coming from a 4 year old Moto, but a bit underwhelmed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Phone arrived yesterday.

nice sise and feel.

Bloatware is annoying. There is a cleaner app and security app and a few others that i really want to get rid of

the MiUI is annoying so changed to POCO launcher which doesnt have the google feed so switched back to the MIUI.

havent tried the camera,

over all i like it but not sure what I was expecting coming from a 4 year old Moto, but a bit underwhelmed

If you're not happy with it, amazon have a great return policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

My daughter ordered it using an Irish AIB Debit card.

Phone arrived yesterday.

nice sise and feel.

havent tried the camera,

I have it 3 days now and the battery is very good , I like the screen and camera. The max volume is poor tho, that would be my only issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

I have it 3 days now and the battery is very good , I like the screen and camera. The max volume is poor tho, that would be my only issue.

You can change the maximum volume by going in to "Developer options".
    Some eu regulations on volume that has been preset.

Invincible wrote: »
    If you're not happy with it, amazon have a great return policy!
    Nothing wrong with it. And I need a phone!

I guess it's a case of "through a chink too wide there comes no wonder"

Invincible wrote: »
    You can change the maximum volume by going in to "Developer options".
    Some eu regulations on volume that has been preset.

Where in the Developer options can you change the settings . I dont see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

go to about phone and tap miui version 7 times to enable dev options.

Then the dev options are under settings - additional settings - down the end - Developer Options

Not sure what setting relates to Max Vol though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

My huawei mate 20 pro screen was cracked and in a bad way so I bought this phone last week to give it a go. It arrived on Tuesday and I am more than happy with it, the battery is lasting me about 40 hours, the phone is fast and so far I have had no issues, charges fully in just over an hour.

I see it's now down to £206 on Amazon.

I bought a Note 8 from Amazon Spain. Good price especially with 48 hour delivery, warranty & no customs issues. I chose the 8 over the 8T & Pro because I need a notification light - yes really :)

Seems to be an excellent phone. My old Note 5 is three years old & still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The 9 also has a notification light/led located on top in the earpiece although it's very small and just plain white

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    The 9 also has a notification light/led located on top in the earpiece although it's very small and just plain white

Mine works fine for charging but I can't get it to work for notifications - I am sure that I have everything turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

20200519_223011.png
    If you go into settings and search for LED, make sure both are ticked

• Advertisement

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    20200519_223011.png
    If you go into settings and search for LED, make sure both are ticked

Yes they are. I got it working by using a third party app

Advertisement