Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I received the following dm from Now today I'm delighted:

Hey there - We just wanted to let you know that NOW Boost is currently available to purchase for NOW Ireland members. This will enable Full HD and surround sound 5.1 on select devices, 50fps for Sports channels and allow you to stream on up the 3 devices at the same time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Just seen in the T&Cs that Boost doesn't work on desktop computers or Android/iOS devices, which seems ridiculous.

Now TV is so frustrating, always some little niggle which makes it less attractive (such as no Android/Google TV app, now the boost absence from pretty major platforms - and even the need to pay extra for this boost in the first place)

As an aside, is chromecasting broken for anyone else? I've been unable to cast it to an Nvidia Shield for weeks now, just errors out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Full HD working amazing on my Apple tv 4k boxes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Peacock launching tomorrow, for those interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Surely Now TV should offer full HD without needing an additional Boost subscription.

In comparison, Amazon Prime is 4K for all. Was watching some of the rugby on Prime over the weekend - quality was top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

New customer offer. BT Sport and Premier Sports €10 per month for 6 months .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This boost price is just a starting point. I have boost in the UK and it went from £3 to £5 per month a few months ago. £5 per month just for HD is shocking. I have showtime, Netflix, hbomax, Hulu, Apple TV, prime and many more at different times throughout the year all provide 4k HDR at no extra charge except netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

In the era of 4K Now TV can finally offer us Full HD on some devices but not all... I guess I shouldn't be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

My 6 month half price Sports and Sports Extra offer is about to end. I said I wanted to cancel Sports Extra, and they offered it to me for another 6 moths at 10e. However not offering me anything for renewing Sports channels. Anybody now how one might get the offer.

• Advertisement

I got 2 months sky sports for €30 and just cancelled it and there are no further offers at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

If I sign up for the €15 per month, 3 month offer can I cancel before the first month is up and not get charged for the remaining 2?

Ta,

Pa

It’s usually €15 a month a month up front so €45

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Does Now TV offer discounts if you select multiple packages? I currently have the Entertainment pass and am considering adding the Sports and Cinema passes, plus the Boost, but it seems to be more expensive than getting the same channels through Virgin 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Usually the best way to get deals is to cancel each channel, each month or when you are coming out of a discount period. I've never had sports but movies and entertainment are offered half price when you go through the cancellation process. I have UK Now. Boost is £5 per month. This has never been offered discounted if I cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

I just press pause and it’s up in the right hand corner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I am finding the Now app on Apple TV to be a bit jittery. It’s as if it’s dropping frames and also motion is slowing down during some scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

I can't login on my android phone, fire stick or TV app, only on a pc.

On my phone it says I'm in the wrong region, the app on the fire stick just restarts and the telly app says playback.errors.load.OVP_00200

Anyone ever come across this issue?

Everything on the same network.

I’m getting the exact same error when I try to log in on the firestick, no problem logging in on the LG TV app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

I'm totally lost, I've been on to their support for the past few days with no luck.

I tried deleting the app and reinstalled and still no joy. I’m lucky I can use the app on the tv instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are you guys using a VPN or a DNS service? Could be that your account is one region and you're trying to access it on ano0ther region or the app is from a different region.

I use DNS and when I go to NOW on my pc it tried to send me to the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Does anyone have a link for a Now apk that will work on a Firestick from Ireland. I've been on to support in Amazon and they are now pointing me down the route of a hard re-set on my firestick. Really don't want to do that!... Thanks

No Vpn or dns here. NOW works fine on our phones and on NOW stick - just not on the firestick which is what the user is used to. Cheers

A user posted a fix for it on here the other day, think it was in the firestick thread

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I see NOW are offering 6 months Sports channels for 6 months @ €19.50 down from €39.50. Offer ends 31st March.

It works out roughly the same if you cancel the Sports channels on NOW at the end of April after football season ends and re-subscribe in August when football starts again.

If you leave at the end of April, are they likely to be making decent reduced offers come August next.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Got the stick with Sports and Sports Extra membership, on offer for €25 so decent bargain!

Question I have is can you use these memberships separately? Will use Sports in July for Ire v NZ in the rugby but not sure when I need Sports Extra for so would prefer not to probably use this in July when no soccer on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been getting this all afternoon (Firefox). Anyone else with the same problem?

I cleared the cache but it made no difference. It's annoying me, now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ok, it looks like it's related to whom I'm tethering with. If I use the data from GoMo, I can log in. As soon as I switch to 48, I get that error. I've just tried a speed test, I thought they both looked decent enough, if anything the 48 one seemed to have a stronger signal - or am I misreading this completely?

(Screenshots to follow).

Advertisement