Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-10-2020, 00:53   #4936
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmc5 View Post
Got Siro 1GB installed this week 35 a month . Virgin 360MB contract Ending next month so rang Virgin on Monday to give my 30 notice to cancel.

Virgin offering me 1GB plan for 42.5 for 9 month and full 80 for last 3 months , not as competitive but tempted to cancel my SIro in the cooling off period.

So far the Siro has been strong coverage wise , 950mb wired but only 350-400 on WiFi at best which is poor when fixed line is 1GB. Virgin 360mb getting me anywhere between 150-250 normally but can down to 60-70 at peak evenings . it’s 360 all the time since I phoned to cancel ��

Anyone have thoughts on the virgin 1GB? Appreciate any reviews
Why would you consider going back to Virgin, pricewise it's €35 a month against €51 for 12 months, 350-400MB on Wifi should be fine for whatever you are using it for even if it is 1GB on fixed line?
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 11:52   #4937
Aquos76

Tried three different advisors today, none of which would do an offer on their 1GB BB for me, 2 of the three actually said that the system won’t allow offers to be applied to that package for existing customers. I was offered a new modem and an upgrade to the 500mb pack from my current one 360 and a 9 month half price offer on that.

I think I may actually take that. Don’t feel like wasting another hour haggling with them for a package which they are saying doesn’t have any discounts available for. It’s not as if I can actually leave them either as FTTH or Siri isn’t yet available to my address, max speed through phone line here is 90mb
22-10-2020, 14:26   #4938
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos76 View Post
Tried three different advisors today, none of which would do an offer on their 1GB BB for me, 2 of the three actually said that the system won’t allow offers to be applied to that package for existing customers. I was offered a new modem and an upgrade to the 500mb pack from my current one 360 and a 9 month half price offer on that.

I think I may actually take that. Don’t feel like wasting another hour haggling with them for a package which they are saying doesn’t have any discounts available for. It’s not as if I can actually leave them either as FTTH or Siri isn’t yet available to my address, max speed through phone line here is 90mb
I'd take that in a flash, 1 Gig is giving a good bit of hassle. You keep your present modem for 500 meg.
22-10-2020, 14:32   #4939
Aquos76

Is it the new modem which is giving issue or just the 1gig service as he was on about sending out the new modem type.
22-10-2020, 15:36   #4940
CoBo55

Quote:
Is it the new modem which is giving issue or just the 1gig service as he was on about sending out the new modem type.
That I couldn't be certain about. There's a thread on boards about it. What modem do you have? Is it the white hub 3?
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 16:39   #4941
Aquos76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBo55 View Post
That I couldn't be certain about. There's a thread on boards about it. What modem do you have? Is it the white hub 3?
Yeah, I have the hub 3.0 i ran them up and accepted their deal. I just ran a Speedtest there now and it looks like a upgrade has been put through. I’m unsure what to do about the new modem thought. I have a mesh system installed around the house and it’s working perfectly so I’m reluctant to change things now.

22-10-2020, 16:52   #4942
CoBo55

Quote:
Yeah, I have the hub 3.0 i ran them up and accepted their deal. I just ran a Speedtest there now and it looks like a upgrade has been put through. I’m unsure what to do about the new modem thought. I have a mesh system installed around the house and it’s working perfectly so I’m reluctant to change things now.

Are they definitely going to send you a new modem? I'd ring them and tell them you don't want it.
Yesterday, 13:37   #4943
bdmc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
Why would you consider going back to Virgin, pricewise it's €35 a month against €51 for 12 months, 350-400MB on Wifi should be fine for whatever you are using it for even if it is 1GB on fixed line?
I’ve had VM now for 2 years and odd frustration aside it’s been very solid. I was very curious to try Siro but a week in it’s underwhelming and I’m still angry where they installed the point where I told them not too when leaving for work.

Also virgin installed 2 points in house , one upstairs and one downstairs so that offers great flexibility. The Vodafone point is dead centre of house in hallway which offers solid signal across the house as opposed to virgin box but was mistake putting it there as no use for hardwiring anything and it’s ugly enough with wires without adding Philips Hue bridges and cables on top. Virgin points are much more discrete.

It’s a pity virgin can’t just send me a box, an tech must come and install on 5th nov outside my 2 week Vodafone cooling off period so must decide one or the other as opposed to have testing both same time. I’m likely to cancel the SIRO for now and give the virgin 1GB a go.
Yesterday, 17:18   #4944
TychoCaine

Send a message via ICQ to TychoCaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambada Crazy View Post
Hi,

I was on a current offer of 49.50 for 10 months and 99e for the last two months with VM, 500mb broadband, tv and phone. I called today to ask about renewal deals as I have SIRO available. I was told SIRO was slow and VM was the fastest. I was offered 49.50 for 9 months this time and 99 for the remaining three?

Anyone get anything better? They quoted SIRO fair usage policy of 1TB download per month and said VM doesnt have a limit. I checked and Digiweb SIRO is 2tB.

Anyone else any better luck?
My Sky 100Mb contract is up next month so I've started shopping around. I'm looking at 500Mb SIRO packages and a 1TB FUP would be an issue. I checked the T's & C's on the Vodafone website and it looks like they updated them in May and took out the FUP. Is this true? If so then it looks to be a steal @ €30/month
Advertisement
Yesterday, 19:56   #4945
Nokia6230i

My BB Speeds with VM're varying all over the gaffe at all different times of day; Techie was here during week; said no problem, that the speed was fine.

Rang Tech Support today, after enduring an hour & 7 minutes on hold (at least it was a free if mind-numbingly boring & repetitive time on hold.....) the guy (Irish call centre) said Night Flight'd be out with a new modem during the week which **should** resolve the situation.

With my October bill going out Tuesday I'm thinking of giving Vodafone a go now & for more reasons than just price; my IT Guy maintains 1. it's RTE Player & to reduce the Ps (?) I'm watching it at/on & 2. That my Google Chrome is fine, that the BB Speeds shouldn't be so erratic not to talk about dropping for no reason completely.
Yesterday, 23:26   #4946
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia6230i View Post
My BB Speeds with VM're varying all over the gaffe at all different times of day; Techie was here during week; said no problem, that the speed was fine.

Rang Tech Support today, after enduring an hour & 7 minutes on hold (at least it was a free if mind-numbingly boring & repetitive time on hold.....) the guy (Irish call centre) said Night Flight'd be out with a new modem during the week which **should** resolve the situation.

With my October bill going out Tuesday I'm thinking of giving Vodafone a go now & for more reasons than just price; my IT Guy maintains 1. it's RTE Player & to reduce the Ps (?) I'm watching it at/on & 2. That my Google Chrome is fine, that the BB Speeds shouldn't be so erratic not to talk about dropping for no reason completely.
Rte player is crap simple as that... I don't understand the rest of your post tbh...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion