Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

glic83 wrote: »
    On which set?

Razer Kraken TE

Never mind found it, it's aluminium.

529148.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

glic83 wrote: »
    I got one of those from CEX online. There's 1 left. https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=740617255515

Paid for the whole thing with credit I had occumilated over time. Arrived in 2 nights. Just give em' a wipe down with a baby wipe or something.

I got one of those from CEX online. There's 1 left. https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=740617255515

Paid for the whole thing with credit I had occumilated over time. Arrived in 2 nights. Just give em' a wipe down with a baby wipe or something.

Thanks for the reply, but 55 euro at CEX v 50 pounds new from Amazon is a straight forward decision and two year warranty.

Yeah only reason I got used was because of all the credit I had. Felt like free to me.

• Advertisement

Yeah only reason I got used was because of all the credit I had. Felt like free to me.

In that situation it would make perfect sense, but alas I've no credit with Cex so think I'll just go with Amazon. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys, much appreciated.

Am I missing something but aren't these the same one I linked to from Amazon but are 49.99 euro as opposed to 49.99 pounds from Amazon?

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/headsets-and-microphones/hyperx-cloud-stinger-2-0-gaming-headset-10159260-pdt.html

They look identical. If there are any differences I doubt they're noticable. I got my monitor from Currys and their delivery was not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone have much experince of VR sets, might invest for Christmas.... Oculus Quest 2 looks tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Glebee wrote: »
    Anyone have much experince of VR sets, might invest for Christmas.... Oculus Quest 2 looks tempting

There’s a dedicated VR forum here where loads of us have opinions on the sets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Indeed ... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057964784&page=57

My take on it so far is the Quest 2 is a very solid piece of kit, but I'll really get a proper chance to compare and contrast to the original Quest tonight.

Also want to take Half Life Alyx out for another spin... game of the year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I sold my quest but will be getting the Quest 2 after I purchase the new consoles next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

They're fun but much of a novelty. Oculus now requires FB login as far as i've heard.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    They're fun but much of a novelty. Oculus now requires FB login as far as i've heard.

Only one of those two sentences is true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

mrcheez wrote: »
    Only one of those two sentences is true :D
    Oh, Facebook have reverted that decision? :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just had a look to see how the newer models compare to my OG Vive
    really surprised at the lack of screen door effect on the Quest 2

Skerries wrote: »
    just had a look to see how the newer models compare to my OG Vive
    really surprised at the lack of screen door effect on the Quest 2

It's actually quite remarkable what they've achieved.

I was playing Half Life Alyx and despite headcrabs hovering around me I couldn't stop staring at the back of my hands and all the transistors are so clear now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,634 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You guys!

:(

I thought I was buying a nice mainstream title for a steal the other day, for like $10 iirc?

I bought the Outer Wilds not the Outer Worlds

/press F to pay respects.

If it's any consolation, Outer Wilds is a far, far better game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Playing the Outer Wilds right now and it's great.

Playing the Outer Wilds right now and it's great.

Was going to pick it up earlier on Epic but went with Disco Elysium instead. Think ive made a mistake, dont know what to make of Disco Elysium.

If it's any consolation, Outer Wilds is a far, far better game

It looks good I loaded it up before bed the other day, died almost immediately exploring a well, and rolled credits. Permadeath gave me a lol.

By the way, No Man's Sky is a completely different game - again.

They are still updating the game with free content and updates, mad props to Hello Games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Overheal wrote: »
    By the way, No Man's Sky is a completely different game - again.

They are still updating the game with free content and updates, mad props to Hello Games.

Will I cancel the fatwa against Sean Murray now?

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I would not bother, its still crap:D:D

Played it a few months ago for the first time and could not get off the first planet. Just gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played it a few months ago for the first time and could not get off the first planet. Just gave up.

Think that says more about you if you couldn't get off the first planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The day Shiminay buries the hatchet on this one is the day I know everything is right in the world.

Maybe crap was the wrong word. It was the grind for materials that made me loose interest.

• Advertisement

If you start on a hazardous planet where you need sodium constantly, the start kinda blows - but the game holds your hand the entire way. Like, the entiiiiire way

IDK I hadn't loaded the game in well over a year, last time I gave it a real swing they added bases which by itself, meh. Loaded back in last week, half my inventory was 'deprecated' items, they've redone the economy, the currency, there's a multiplayer hub now, it's pretty nice. So I just started a new game in a newer Survival Mode and it's been a fun experience.

Advertisement