Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stocking level for 22 acers

• 08-03-2021 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

As above can anyone tell me the minimum stocking level required for small holding for the 7 months needed to draw entitlements?

Apologies if its a stupid question but my father recently passed and i am trying to keep the show on the road part time for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jaginsligo

Sorry for your loss.
    Same here, my uncle passed away and i'm looking after 30 acres and stocking for the 7 months. I found this good link on the web, it has a Excel sheet that calculates what you need depending on hectares and ago of cattle

https://www.owenodriscoll.com/anc

If you dont have Excel let me know what age of cattle your thinking and I can do the figures and PM u

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭gambithh

Thanks for your help.

I have this week currently purchased 6 cattle under one year old.

Land is 8.17 hectares exactly.

Is this enough?

Calculator looks great but cant figure it out on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jaginsligo

According to the spreadsheet 4 cattle under 2 years old will full fill the ANC requirements, you need to keep 4 for at least 7 months. That means if grass get tight towards the end of the 7 months you could sell the extra 2.

I have attached a screen grab of the sheet with 4 under 2 years old inputted

Advertisement