Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem viewing Glasnevin records

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

I have found four people who I believed I'm related to and are buried in Glasnevin but only one of the records (d. 1882) is giving me the option to pay for the extended search. The other three relatives all died between 1913 and 1935. So am I right in saying that the extended option only applies up to a certain point or...?

Also, is it worthwhile paying for the images or does the standard/extended search have all the detail? Ain't cheap, this!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The option to pay for extended results only applies to plots with more than one individual buried in them so presumably the other three relatives you refer to were each buried alone.

As far as I know there is no additional information to be gleaned from the image that isn't already in the transcribed record.

EDIT: I stand corrected! :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That seems a bit weird - I'd clarify it with them directly.

However, I disagree about the image not giving more info. It will tell you who paid for the grave and give their address. In one case, this allowed me to link 2 people who I had not previously realised were connected.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thanks, I'll give them a shout.

Turns out that paying for the image solved this mystery as her status is listed as 'married' in the burial record as opposed to 'widow' on the death certificate.

Lynn got back to me and it turns out that two of the graves included other people buried who were not connected to the family, hence the lack of an extended search option. The other record had a transcription error and has now been corrected. As a result, this has broken down another brick wall for me. Money well spent!

Part of me wishes that more of my family were from Dublin but then I know I'd go out and easily spend 3 figures on getting any additional info.

• Advertisement

Anyone having issues buying credits? Getting a '3140 : The DeliveryCountry value is invalid' error.

Advertisement