Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RossieMan wrote: »
    No. You can use coingate, get bitcoin, buy them that way.

...but losing 50% of the value right?

e.g. €20 -> CoinGate -> €10 worth of Bitcoin -> Amazon $10 PSN code

that's all correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

mrcheez wrote: »
    ...but losing 50% of the value right?

e.g. €20 -> CoinGate -> €10 worth of Bitcoin -> Amazon $10 PSN code

that's all correct?

More then that you can only pay into coingate in 30 euro no more or less (additional fees for mobile so i got charged approx 35euro credit on three)
    for my 35euro i got back 13.44 euro worth of bitcoins.
    A 10usd psn card costs about 8.70 so if i pay 70euro in credit i should be able to buy 30usd worth of PSN cards and have about 50c in bitcoins left over

Edit: you loose about 62% of your money on fees (But then again prices on US PSN tend to be a bit cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

sugarman wrote:
    It has absolutely nothing to do with the carriers

Really? I don't think it's a coincidence that boku no longer accepts three or Vodafone as payment right around the same time as hmv gamecredit shut it's doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

The just lunched YouTube Premium can be paid for via carrier billing.

It's a little more expensive than Google Music though at €12/month, but includes ad-free YouTube, including on the desktop and TV. On Mobile, it lets you download YouTube videos to play offline and can play in the background.

If you currently are a Google Music subscriber, be sure to cancel the subscription as YouTube Premium includes Google Music.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Just subbed to it. Free three months Trial as well. Awesome! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Dont forget the charities yous cute hoors

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

I'm getting
    Kencollins wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues paying for apps on the play store on three?

I get as far as clicking on carrier billing, but then an error pops up saying 'too risky, try again in 30 minutes'

I'm having same issue here Kencollins.
    Did you get it set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Sadly not. I chatted with google help but they were useless. They decided eventually that because my phone is rooted they didnt want to help any more.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon, but im not sure there is anything we can do to make it happen.

Sadly not. I chatted with google help but they were useless. They decided eventually that because my phone is rooted they didnt want to help any more.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon, but im not sure there is anything we can do to make it happen.

Is your phone rooted, or that's an excuse they're giving you? There are workarounds for most things when rooted. I know Magisk could get around a lot of issues.

You could easily just put your SIM into another device to make your purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

When fortnite comes to Android will we be able to use 3 billing for vbucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

apologies if i missed it, but i seen you can donate credit to charities.
    how can this be done, i'd like to donate to cancer research

can you donate to someones fundraising page?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Seve OB wrote: »
    apologies if i missed it, but i seen you can donate credit to charities.
    how can this be done, i'd like to donate to cancer research

can you donate to someones fundraising page?

Most charities will have a text number. You can see the one for Irish Cancer Society here:
    https://www.cancer.ie/get-involved/fundraise/how-to-donate

Text CANCER to 50300 to donate €4

Text costs €4. Charity Name will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Before they stopped it you could subscribe to your favorite streamer on Twitch for $5, around 4.30€. They took the €5 but credited your account with the difference. It's back now but costs €7. Twitch sold it's soul to Amazon, utter greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

I followed this up with three who said my prepaid account needs to be registered and I need to show ID in store to confirm over 18 for play store purchases. Dropped in store there with driving licence so should be OK within 24 hours 🀞

unfortunately I see this being restricted as more people cop onto it.

e.g. if you say top up by 20 for free data for a month and then spend the credit on playstore etc then the carrier gets nothing for providing the service!

glasso wrote: »
    unfortunately I see this being restricted as more people cop onto it.

e.g. if you say top up by 20 for free data for a month and then spend the credit on playstore etc then the carrier gets nothing for providing the service!

Well if you're like me, you switched to 3 when their 'top up by €20, get an extra €10 free' offer was running (as it currently is, I believe). I can top up by €20 per month, and spend €30 on carrier billing :D

Joshua J wrote: »
    Before they stopped it you could subscribe to your favorite streamer on Twitch for $5, around 4.30€. They took the €5 but credited your account with the difference. It's back now but costs €7. Twitch sold it's soul to Amazon, utter greed.

Is that the Service where you watch someone else playing computer games?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Well if you're like me, you switched to 3 when their 'top up by €20, get an extra €10 free' offer was running (as it currently is, I believe). I can top up by €20 per month, and spend €30 on carrier billing :D

you're on a blacklist for sure. costing three 10 euro a month to give you mobile service lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wheety wrote: »
    Is that the Service where you watch someone else playing computer games?

That's what 90% of YouTube is grandpa :D

mrcheez wrote: »
    That's what 90% of YouTube is grandpa :D

Back in my day, we played our own computer games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Can you link me to this promotion? Couldn't find it googling? Can I avail of this it I'm currently on €20 payg or would I have to get a new sim/number?

scottigael wrote: »
    Can you link me to this promotion? Couldn't find it googling? Can I avail of this it I'm currently on €20 payg or would I have to get a new sim/number?

It's the top promotion here. You need to port a number to them, it's running until the end of June.

http://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/promotions/

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I only signed up to the three deal about a week ago and always wondered how they make money from it? I mean, previously I was with Vodafone X where they take your 20 euro credit upon top up. With three it stays in your account to use for calls and other things but at the end of the month when it's likely its all gone they take nothing? Fantastic deal but what's in it for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I only signed up to the three deal about a week ago and always wondered how they make money from it? I mean, previously I was with Vodafone X where they take your 20 euro credit upon top up. With three it stays in your account to use for calls and other things but at the end of the month when it's likely its all gone they take nothing? Fantastic deal but what's in it for them?
    Your info/data which governments/militaries/advertisers pay handsomely for I'd imagine. It's like "Why does microsoft give you Windows for free?".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Where does Microsoft give you windows for free?

I'm sure the ihnt of people who spend their money on apps/subs is tiny in comparison to those who let it run out or spend it on calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Your info/data which governments/militaries/advertisers pay handsomely for I'd imagine. It's like "Why does microsoft give you Windows for free?".

I can kind of see your point however, all companies do that. I'm not complaining or anything, it's a great deal, I just wonder how you pay for unlimited data per month if you've no credit by the end of the month for example and the fact you can hold onto that credit upon topping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Your info/data which governments/militaries/advertisers pay handsomely for I'd imagine. .....".

Kinda like, for instance, Verizon in the good ol YOU ES of EH

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/19/verizon_location_data/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Strava which is a fitness app popular with cyclists, runners etc is another premium app that accepts carrier billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

It's the top promotion here. You need to port a number to them, it's running until the end of June.

http://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/promotions/

So I can just get a cheap tesco mobile sim and walk into three shop to avail of this? Hmm might go for it as my phone supports dual sim so I can still have my old number with three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

ronanc1000 wrote: »

Have a few questions regarding the deal.
    1) Do you have to pay for calls to other networks and landlines out of your €20 top-up or do you buy a bundle for the 28 days.

2) Do you have to use the €10 bonus credit within the 28 days or risk losing it?
    (In other words you're not allowed to carry it forward to next month)

Advertisement