Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a family pool in Sth Dublin?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I used to take my daughters to Monkstown as they have one large changing area with lots of cubicles. Its got very grubby lately & at busy times its gets a bit hectic so I'm on the hunt for somewhere new within 30mins or some of home (Shankill)

Can anyone recommend somewhere clean and reasonably priced that has family changing facilities. The girls are 3 and 6 so too young to change themselves, I'd rather not take them through the male changing room. Too many "look at that willy" comments!

Should I just bite the bullet & join Westwood or somewhere like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dosed

I'm quite familiar with the pools in that area and don't know of any (other than monkstown) that have no seperate male and female changing areas.
    Glenalbyn in stillorgan is nice enough, not too busy during the week, dunno what its like at weekends.
    Joining a club (like westwood) is worth it so long as you use it regularly. and if you get it at the right time, theres very few men in the changing rooms who don't have loads of kids with them as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Total Fitness in Ticknock maybe your best option. As well as the big pool they have a very good sized kids pool and very good changing facilities (cublicles, curtains, etc)

Give them a call and they should be able to arrange a demo visit!

Advertisement