Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Milwaukee impact wrench, Grinder deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have a Milwaukee set here, impact gun and drill. They are decent quality.

I’d say I’ve charged the batteries maybe 10 times total and the damn charger gave up. €30 for a replacement on way from Amazon.de

Won it on a FB draw for €5, if I’d spent my own cash I’d be furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Maybe I'm wrong,but I'd say it could be bought locally for less money from authorised retailers.

Looking to buy one this year anyhow,so might find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mcdock

ruwithme wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong,but I'd say it could be bought locally for less money from authorised retailers.

Looking to buy one this year anyhow,so might find out.

Local deal is 540euro just for wrench with 2 batt and charger,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

2.5 ft pull bar here for past ten years. 20 euro.....

id prefer the battery grease gun.

Battery grinder is handy but I’d still run a lead anytime it’s possible.

The Milwaukee battery drill wouldn’t run 8mm holes in stone walls but my corded hitachi 650w did it with ease.

• Advertisement

Have a Milwaukee grinder here, found it a great job, the circular saw less so (motor burnt out).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

If the grease gun is any good it's not a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Battery grinder is handy but I’d still run a lead anytime it’s possible.

The Milwaukee battery drill wouldn’t run 8mm holes in stone walls but my corded hitachi 650w did it with ease.

Is the Milwaukee an sds drill? If it is it should have no bother going through stone with an 8mm

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is the Milwaukee an sds drill? If it is it should have no bother going through stone with an 8mm

No not an sds, but the corded one isn’t ads either amd does the job no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭enricoh

My mobile tyre van fella has the Milwaukee impact gun, there is fair poke in it but it's a heavy lump of a yoke. I wouldnt like to be using one all day!
    The last day he was out he had the 1/2" airgun out his Milwaukee had packed in. He wasn't impressed as it was fresh and big money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

K.G. wrote: »

You will have to use the old type grease cartridges, screw in cartridges won't work.

The DEWALT DCK269P2 would be a comparable kit, excluding the grease gun.

Does anyone know if you have a VAT number do you have to pay VAT if buying something from Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Who2

timple23 wrote: »
    You will have to use the old type grease cartridges, screw in cartridges won't work.

The DEWALT DCK269P2 would be a comparable kit, excluding the grease gun.

Does anyone know if you have a VAT number do you have to pay VAT if buying something from Northern Ireland.
    You have to give the supplier your vat no. They check on revenue website and see if your eligible or not. You pay the x vat price then. Some ask for a revenue headed letter with your name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I have the M18 grease gun with 2 years, awesome bit of kit.

Its an m12 grease gun you get with this deal, I don't think the m18 batteries will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Me too bought it start of this year. Great yoke.

I've the grinder & drill too. No problem drilling 8mm holes in walls. Done a good few now. There's a few models of drills so might depend on that I suppose. Battery grinder is so handy around a farm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

So how would one sort the UK address situation.has brevity put paid to that sort of thing

So how would one sort the UK address situation.has brevity put paid to that sort of thing

Addresspal, but you have to pay UK VAT and import duty.

If you have a relation in Northern Ireland you can get them to buy it for you.

Offer doesn't seem to be exclusive to Eurocarparts, so you could try your local Milwaukee or if you've a VAT number, go up North.

Click on this link, scroll down and you will see that you can claim the free grease gun. https://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/redemption/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mcdock

Well I bought it
    You have to wait 2 weeks for grease gun,
    Or if you only want wrench,
    Letterkenny euro car parts are doing it for 400 euro

Advertisement