10-05-2021, 20:55   #61
Dinzee Conlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTortoise View Post
If I ran a pipe from a spring into an open drain, what goes on the end of the pipe where the spring is to stop it filling up with clay?
We used (on more than one occasion) an old coke bottle, make some holes in it with a hot nail or drill, fill with gravel, half inch pipe in the top, screw through bottle and pipe to hold it in place...

But, I have recently discovered that I am a rooter, so that solution may not be to everyone's taste

Last edited by Dinzee Conlee; 10-05-2021 at 21:08.
Advertisement
10-05-2021, 21:16   #62
Bass Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinzee Conlee View Post
We used (on more than one occasion) an old coke bottle, make some holes in it with a hot nail or drill, fill with gravel, half inch pipe in the top, screw through bottle and pipe to hold it in place...

But, I have recently discovered that I am a rooter, so that solution may not be to everyone's taste
Coke bottle's ( and it must be Coca Cola bottle) are only allowed to be used in Wifi solutions on chimneys as Wifi mobile dongle weather protectors.
Thanks from:
10-05-2021, 21:27   #63
Jb1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTortoise View Post
If I ran a pipe from a spring into an open drain, what goes on the end of the pipe where the spring is to stop it filling up with clay?
Usually a stub of a 4 inch sewer pipe sticking out into the drain/shuck.
14-05-2021, 15:06   #64
morphy87

Is there certain soil that can not be drained? If land was wet but had no big rushes would this be a good sign that drainage would work? Would ploughing help with drainage in the soil?

Would anyone have some photos on here from before and after?
14-05-2021, 15:30   #65
farmer2018

What do ye usually put at the mouth of a piped drain to stop it from blocking? Concrete, flagstone etc
Advertisement
15-05-2021, 15:43   #66
Track9

General answer on some draing queries.My experience,no viable means of draining bog.One option that works depending on effort put in.In Cork we call it turning.really its dig down to earth with gravel etc.Bring that to surface & might with bog.The gravelly & often the pan works great mixed with bog.
Need be caution with lime,very small amounts in first five yes or so.Re mouths of drain intakes.a box of small field stones shud work,as it does here.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion