Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Jesus

• 15-12-2016 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Say if someone thought they might be Jesus.

Has performed a few feats (miracles if you will) in the past, Looks great in robes and sandals, Has spoken to the deity that is their biological father, all that sort of stuff.

How would they know if they are new Jesus or are just mad?

There would be a whole lot of egg on their face if they announced it and then suddenly it became apparent that they were just delusional.

I'm asking for a friend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,955 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

*hands over 2 barrels of water*

"Merlot, please!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'd prefer Gandalf myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Jurgen Klopp has a great beard and owns sandals. Lets give him a robe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Has he socks on with the sandals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'm asking for a friend.

Is your friend 33ish wears Jerusalem Docs, have long hair and a beard and never got his hole?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

If they were Jesus, then they'd have holes in their hands and feet and a big gash on their ribs. No holes? Not Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If they can perform miracles under scientific conditions.

If they can instantly cure a cancer patient in a hospital for example, where an exam has just been done to prove the cancer isn't in remission and the patient hasn't done a load of cancer treatment. They do their miracle and the person is cured.

That would go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

ScumLord wrote: »

If they can instantly cure a cancer patient in a hospital for example, where an exam has just been done to prove the cancer isn't in remission and the patient hasn't done a load of cancer treatment. They do their miracle and the person is cured.

Well obviously he cant do it when unbelievers are watching.

Glenster wrote: »
    Well obviously he cant do it when unbelievers are watching.
    If he can't change the minds of unbelievers using his magic then he's not Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

If he can't change the minds of unbelievers using his magic then he's not Jesus.

He could but his dad gave them free will so his hands are tied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

tupenny wrote: »
    Jurgen Klopp has a great beard and owns sandals. Lets give him a robe

And he's a devout Christian.

Maybe he actually is the second coming of Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I am Spartacus

I mean Jeebus

I am jeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is his father an unemployed carpenter and is it possible he tied his ass to a tree and walked into town ?

When Jesus DOES come the second time, it'll be a supernatural event, he'll float down from the sky type of thing. He wont be just walking around like a normal fella the way he was 2016 years ago.

When Jesus DOES come the second time, it'll be a supernatural event, he'll float down from the sky type of thing. He wont be just walking around like a normal fella the way he was 2016 years ago.

Don't you mean IF ?

Don't you mean IF ?

No I mean WHEN. YOU dont have to believe, but I do.

No I mean WHEN. YOU dont have to believe, but I do.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Didas

I heard the Flying Spaghetti Monster will come with him this time

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Wasn't Jesus meant to float back down from the sky in the year 2000? I suppose he's just fashionably late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Do you also believe in fairies, unicorns and Santa Claus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Wasn't Jesus meant to float back down from the sky in the year 2000? I suppose he's just fashionably late.

An omnipotent being doesn't have concept of human time and space. I'm sure if Jesus comes to us again it'll be when the time is right and not according to a calendar entry.

D3V!L wrote: »
    An omnipotent being doesn't have concept of human time and space. I'm sure if Jesus comes to us again it'll be when the time is right and not according to a calendar entry.
    He should have a concept of human time and space considering he supposedly made both time and space, and humans. He also spent 30 years as a human, and considering he's planning out everything into the future he'd want to have a good grasp of it.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you
    I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Do you also believe in fairies, unicorns and Santa Claus?

I'm not. But I KNOW I'm going to die someday, and I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of assessment of my life by Jesus. My actions will then determine whether or not I get into Heaven.

Do not mock. Every one of you will die aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

D3V!L wrote: »
    He should have a concept of human time and space considering he supposedly made both time and space, and humans. He also spent 30 years as a human, and considering he's planning out everything into the future he'd want to have a good grasp of it.

Ahem , was he not 33 when he popped his clogs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Ahem , was he not 33 when he popped his clogs ?
    Were they not sandals?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm not. But I KNOW I'm going to die someday, and I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of assessment of my life by Jesus. My actions will then determine whether or not I get into Heaven.

Do not mock. Every one of you will die aswell.

What makes you so sure? What do you base that on? What about poor auld tribesmen in the Amazon that have never heard of Jesus? Fairly lucky of you to be born into the right religion wasn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

He's already here and living in Australia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVw0eFmnQtM

Omackeral wrote: »
    What makes you so sure?

I'm not. But I am consciously choosing to believe.
    What do you base that on?

The Bible. Read it, THEN comment. Makes me laugh when people spout sh1te like experts when they havent been at Mass in years and never even read the Gospels.
    What about poor auld tribesmen in the Amazon that have never heard of Jesus? Fairly lucky of you to be born into the right religion wasn't it?!

Its in the Bible- basically they're exempt, but they will still be judged on whether or not they were arseholes to other people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

And maybe cure the odd amputee here and there, and maybe go on to explain why an all powerful god who loves us would create a world with children's bone cancer.

And why an all powerful god who wants us to worship him, would communicate through a 2000 year old book written in in ancient greek.

- for starters :D

Advertisement