Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Perth World Series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I can definetly agree with you there, Manley is an awful tosser alright :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mdwexford wrote: »
    Manley is a known tosser.

Ah you can see what they really think of him sometimes though.
    He's condescending, Lewis seems a genuine fella.

I can't say I'd have him in that bracket of gamesmanship myself.

No disagreements about Manley, even though I appreciate his playing of the panto villain well, just giving you an example of a player who had negative things to say about Lewis.

Can you see it really though? Or is that your opinion telling you that? The same way maybe that IMO I can see the lack of sportsmanship from Lewis :D Not sure how Lewis gets off with it because players don't say it but with Taylor you can see it. I think taylor's a right git myself though :D

All I would say is be aware of this when watching Lewis in future, maybe you will notice how frequently some of the examples crop up when he's playing compared to other players

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Heres the draw for the Sydney Masters for anyone interested (Nobody)

Lewis throws away another comfortable lead today but manages to hit the double in the last leg decider

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Lewis throws away another comfortable lead today but manages to hit the double in the last leg decider

He was never ahead by more than 2 legs, 2, do you have any idea what you're talking about no.

He beat a player averaging 12 points more than him, the world and prem league champ. Anything to say about that.

• Advertisement

I knew you'd bite.. ;-)

He played ok in fairness. Brilliant in the last leg against Whitlock and Ando.

Geez you lads :rolleyes::D

Taylor 9 darter, don't know who against, final score or how many celebrity friends he thanked for helping him achieve such dreams

Thats all my updates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Taylor 10-7 Wright Taylor 9 darter
    Lewis 10-9 Barney

Taylor 11-3 Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Devastator wrote: »
    Geez you lads :rolleyes::D

Taylor 9 darter, don't know who against, final score or how many celebrity friends he thanked for helping him achieve such dreams

Thats all my updates :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

is it just me or do the aussie commentators really have their heads shoved so far up phil taylors ar5e??

• Advertisement

Since I said that about Lewis last weekend, he wins 3 deciding legs, Typical! He shat himself again against barney but great in the last leg.

Super stuff from Phil Taylor. Seems to be the only player in good form out there. He will surly win next week's one too

mackeire wrote:
    is it just me or do the aussie commentators really have their heads shoved so far up phil taylors ar5e??

Yeah probably, Phil Taylor sells. I know he isn't really liked in this country? But he is loved everywhere else.

Sky say they still lose over 4 million viewers once Phils game is over. These events are about promotion so they are gonna show off and rave about the greatest darter ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Sky say they still lose over 4 million viewers once Phils game is over.

You pulled this figure directly out of your arse, yeah?

No actually, I pulled it directly of Barry Hearns mouth, smart arse!

You pulled this figure directly out of your arse, yeah?

It seems I did, woops. 4 million people tuned in, 40% turn off after Phils games. He said this last year. It's in an article in the guardian, I can't post a link

It seems I did, woops. 4 million people tuned in, 40% turn off after Phils games. He said this last year. It's in an article in the guardian, I can't post a link

In these masters is that for? :eek: Didn't think so many would be interested

Devastator wrote:
    In these masters is that for? Didn't think so many would be interested

No, 2014 world championship. Thats over the whole tournament too Id say

No, 2014 world championship. Thats over the whole tournament too Id say

lol was shocked thinking so many ppl were interested in the masters :D

yeah, seen this when looking for something earlier. TBH 4mil over the tournament sounds very low, especially if the final alone had 1.7m share. I wonder if these figures are just from sky subscribers(not inc cable services)? Obviously the number will be higher with viewers in bars, online streaming,dodgy tv boxes etc

http://www.pdc.tv/world-darts-championship/article/svhw0jqu5mdr1cm69xw93szh4/title/world-championship-smashes-tv-records

Devastator wrote:
    yeah, seen this when looking for something earlier. TBH 4mil over the tournament sounds very low, especially if the final alone had 1.7m share. I wonder if these figures are just from sky subscribers(not inc cable services)? Obviously the number will be higher with viewers in bars, online streaming,dodgy tv boxes etc

900k people watched the final on Sky. That could be just in the UK too,not sure. Im sure many millions more watched it as you said ilegally or in different countries.

My original point though, it's staggering that 40% of viewers turned off after his matches.

900k people watched the final on Sky. That could be just in the UK too,not sure. Im sure many millions more watched it as you said ilegally or in different countries.

My original point though, it's staggering that 40% of viewers turned off after his matches.

That link reckons 1.7 for final...but either way I still think it sounds a bit low for a world final, especially as sky have said in the past that the darts is 1 of their highest watched sports.

lol what I was looking for earlier was to see if maybe Justin Pipe played Dennis Smith after a Taylor match, if that was the case it should have been more like 100% turned off :D ..... I usually turn off straight after his game & turn back about 10 mins later to avoid his insufferable interview :eek::D

• Advertisement

Hope ye set your alarm this morning for the darts lads haha. on setanta since 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Do I really have to go to work haha.
    Will miss all this because of the early hours.

Hope ye set your alarm this morning for the darts lads haha. on setanta since 8am
    crasy dash wrote: »
    Do I really have to go to work haha.
    Will miss all this because of the early hours.

Its repeated on ITV this evening if you get can it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fairly bizarre that they've had the same 1v8,7v2 etc matrix for every event in the series, leading to the same matchups every time. Like mix it up a bit for fcuks sake.

1st round results spoiler.
    all the seeds through again except for Bunting beaten by Whitlock. Ando the only other one to struggle but got there 6-5.

Whatever about the same players, but the same matches every week too is a bit stupid. Ando v Lewis and Barney v MvG again. Think il give it a skip tomorrow and watch the football

The same matchups? No idea either what the thinking behind that is!

Even for the Aussies, well the couple that may not have played the top PDC boys before, you think it will help them in their career by getting to play 2/3 different players over the few weeks and get some experience against them all rather than just the same person.

This sucks, 2 of my favorite sports are trying to expand their product and because of this there is a lot of crap filler content as they spread the word worldwide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Did anyone watch it today?
    I was flicking through and caught the last leg of barney v mvg and it looked like barney had a hearing aid in.
    I have never seen him wear one before or is this a new thing to try play the sympathy card?

mackeire wrote:
    Did anyone watch it today? I was flicking through and caught the last leg of barney v mvg and it looked like barney had a hearing aid in. I have never seen him wear one before or is this a new thing to try play the sympathy card?

Didn't watch it yesterday, but could it have been an ear plug to keep out the sound? I noticed Gary Anderson wearing one last week too. I know Pipe and King always use them

What a comeback from Barney! Best game I've seen in a long time! Barney started 5 legs with back to back 180s :-)

Lewis very close to bottling it. He looks confident

• Advertisement

Seen photo of Barney with a thing in his ear, not sure if its a hearing aid but I am sure he's looking for sympathy :D

It looks bit like an in ear monitor that pop'stars' use on stage to make sure they are miming correctly to the cd :p

Advertisement