Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayne Mardle as a commentator - #MardleOut

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Did he(Justin Credible) used to post on here? I remember that name from a forum, could be a different forum though or someone completely unrelated.

You're right, the format is keck but if you make the text smaller the layout is better but its still a bit of a hard read. I think its fair to say he ain't much of a fan of the BDO! I do kinda want to follow Justin Pipe on twitter to see one of these fanny spasms though :D

Bit surprised at JG making such obvious mistakes (Shane Long, Czech,etc), from looking online he's 70 now so maybe he's getting a bit confused.

I seen Chris Mason comment on twitter about BDO about a week ago, saying the BDO was only surviving by lakeside, masters and robbing money off county teams. If the standard has gotten that bad then any player worth their salt, who wants to see how good they are(can be) will move to the PDC to challenge themselves. I've never bought into the "ohh but we're like a big bdo family" stuff

Has anyone else noticed the poll has had about 10-15 votes in the last week or so but the tumbleweed is still rolling through the forum? FFS people why not post something while you're here???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Some lousy averages in the BDO...on a good day I'd manage over an 80 average. Ok...a very good day, ok, an exceptional day, but I'm rubbish and to think these are the top seeds. It's like comparing the Vauxhall Conference to the Premier league. The level of talent, organisation and money are in different statospheres.

It is entirely different and while Justin can get a knickers in a knot over how bad it is, the reality is simple, that is the level of the BDO. Any talent has jumped ship and I don't there's much to attract up and coming players which is why has beens and no hopers are amongst the better players in the BDO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Devastator wrote: »
    Did he(Justin Credible) used to post on here? I remember that name from a forum, could be a different forum though or someone completely unrelated.

Yes Justin posted here a couple of times a while ago to promote his blog, that's how came across it.

As for the BDO, well once the guy who owns Lakeside kicks the bucket it will be interesting to see if they will keep sponsoring the event. It really says a lot when the sponsor is the venue for the event. Where could they turn to if they pulled the plug? BBC are losing interest because anyone who knows the first thing about darts and doesn't just turn on the TV once a year thinking that what they are watching is the pinnacle of the game, knows about the PDC no matter how much the BBC and the BDO try to pretend they don't exist.

Advertisement