Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth World Series

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Devastator wrote:
    Seen photo of Barney with a thing in his ear, not sure if its a hearing aid but I am sure he's looking for sympathy

He said in the interview after the game that they were ear muffs to block out the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Wes Newton 1 of the top PDC players? hmmm I really like the fella and backed him each way for load of tournaments, inc I think UK open was it or a summer tournament anyway when he got to finals, but his form has been horrible for about 18 months or more now. Premier league seemed to ruin his confidence, happened to few players now.

http://tungstentickle.com/2015-hong-kong-darts-masters-draw-taylor-to-face-a-warrior/

Phil Taylor will meet Wes Newton in the opening round of the 2015 Hong Kong Darts Masters following Wednesday’s draw ahead of the invitational tournament.

Taylor and Newton are two of the top five PDC professionals playing in Hong Kong this year, with Raymond van Barneveld, Andy Hamilton and Stephen Bunting also present at the event, which will be held on 4 and 5 of September.

Hamilton will meet one of Hong King’s most popular players Royden Lam, with Van Barneveld and Bunting coming up against Scott MacKenzie and Isen Jelchic respectively.

Next year will see the Hong Kong Darts Masters form part of the PDC’s World Series of Darts, with this year’s events finished barring finals night, which will take place in Glasgow in November, having held tournaments in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Dubai.

The semi-finals and final of the event will be held on Saturday 5 September, with all four quarter-finals taking place on Friday 4 September.

2015 Hong Kong Darts Masters
    Friday 4 September
    Quarter-finals
    Phil Taylor v Wes Newton
    Andy Hamilton v Royden Lam
    Raymond van Barneveld v Scott MacKenzie
    Stephen Bunting v Isen Jelchic

Strange one alright, I wouldn't say Hamilton is a top player anymore either. How is Dave Chisnal not getting a look in at any of these events is beyond me. The most improved player over the last few years and definitely more of a "top player" than most of the above.

Is this event on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Strange one alright, I wouldn't say Hamilton is a top player anymore either. How is Dave Chisnal not getting a look in at any of these events is beyond me. The most improved player over the last few years and definitely more of a "top player" than most of the above.

Is this event on tv?

Some of the top players just mightn't be arsed going all the way to Hong Kong so they get some of the lesser lights like Hamilton and Newton to make up the numbers.

gramar wrote:
    Some of the top players just mightn't be arsed going all the way to Hong Kong so they get some of the lesser lights like Hamilton and Newton to make up the numbers.

Thats what I was thinking. I don't think the prize money is great for these tournaments either.

Is this event on tv?

Doesn't look like its on tv, well not ITV anyway asITV4 are showing the Germany/Poland game.

Chizzy def should be in these events. better(consistent) player than Barney recvently and same over Bunting since he joined PDC.

I seen Wade on twitter earlier about the new sky gameshow, so if thats recording at present maybe another reason why few top lads ain't there and I think Anderson said he was taking few days travelling after the last masters(last week).

Have they cloned Taylor? I know he misses some of the tour weekend events but he never seems to miss any televised events! I'm sure he gets paid handsomely enough for these appearances but very rarely does his game look off because of travelling.

Devastator wrote:
    Have they cloned Taylor? I know he misses some of the tour weekend events but he never seems to miss any televised events! I'm sure he gets paid handsomely enough for these appearances but very rarely does his game look off because of travelling.

Don't know how he does it. He's playing on most of the ProTour events this year too, except the European tour. I don't know where he finds that energy at 55 and still be throwing brilliant consistent darts. He doesn't really have any family though so I guess he has nothing better to be doing ha. He also does plenty of exhibitions, doubt he needs the extra few quid from them.

Ya, they started filiming the new show yesterday so that sounds like more of a reason, But surley Phil will be on that? Hope it's good now with all the hype. The advert is on every Sky channel every 10 mins.

Don't know how he does it. He's playing on most of the ProTour events this year too, except the European tour. I don't know where he finds that energy at 55 and still be throwing brilliant consistent darts. He doesn't really have any family though so I guess he has nothing better to be doing ha. He also does plenty of exhibitions, doubt he needs the extra few quid from them.

Ya, they started filiming the new show yesterday so that sounds like more of a reason, But surley Phil will be on that? Hope it's good now with all the hype. The advert is on every Sky channel every 10 mins.

I actually didn't think he would do too many exhitibions, for all I would have thought they paid he could do a wee tv advert or two and get the same annually.

He shouldn't need the money but to win 16 world titles on top of everything else he must be a right greedy fecker :D

Taylors on the ad for the show so he must have some sort of part, maybe its just pre recorded pieces or he'll come in for the final show(if they have 1). I highly doubt, like we've just been saying, that the PDC roll him out for every promotional tournament going but not use him in what seems to be a very highly hyped tv show, which is successful could be shown around Europe/world or sell other countries they're own rights to the show

Devastator wrote:
    I actually didn't think he would do too many exhitibions, for all I would have thought they paid he could do a wee tv advert or two and get the same annually.

Ya I see them advertised on twitter alot. I always wondered why he bothers with them as he is a multimillionaire. Still though, 5 grand for 3 hours work would be hard to turn down. We all know how poor he was and how he appreciates money (greedy) ha.

LiveDarts dont seem to have any updates on the HongKong either?

5g? I didn't think it would be as much, I might start doing them :P I suppose working mens clubs in England are strictly non profit so could pay quite well but I thought maybe a grand or 2 at most.

I was on pdc a little earlier(Barney is hanging onto 16th in rankings by the skin of his diabetic teeth!) and they didn't have anything about it either :D

Devastator wrote:
    5g? I didn't think it would be as much, I might start doing them I suppose working mens clubs in England are strictly non profit so could pay quite well but I thought maybe a grand or 2 at most.

He opened a betting office near me, 5k. He just cut the ribbon, took a pic an f***ed off! He may even charge more for exhibitions.

Don't know what time zone Hong Kong are in, Could be on at all hours tonight? Couldn't give a hoot anyway we know whos going to win.

Hong Kong are ahead of us, don't know how long though.

Theres still nothing on pdc.tv about this(not even in full calendar) but update from same website as above...they don't seem to know much of whats going on either, firstly saying it was on Friday and Saturday, now its saying Saturday(4th...today is 5th lol) & Sunday finals.

There will be an all-Stoke semi-final at the Hong Kong Darts Masters after Phil Taylor defeated Wes Newton and Andy Hamilton hammered Royden Lam.

Saturday saw five of the PDC’s top players compete in the opening round of the inaugural Hong Kong Darts Masters, which will take its place as part of the World Series of Darts from 2016.

Taylor met Newton in the standout tie of the opening round, having drawn the Fleetwood thrower in Tuesday’s draw, and ‘The Power’ moved into the semi-finals with an 8-5 win.

Hamilton set up a clash with the 16-time champion of the world with an 8-1 demolition job of Lam, while Stephen Bunting and Raymond van Barneveld completed the semi-final line-up with 8-4 and 8-1 wins over Isen Veljic and Scott MacKenzie respectively.

2015 Hong Kong Darts Masters
    Saturday 4 September
    Quarter-finals
    Stephen Bunting 8-4 Isen Veljic
    Andy Hamilton 8-1 Royden Lam
    Raymond van Barneveld 8-1 Scott MacKenzie
    Phil Taylor 8-5 Wes Newton

Sunday 5 September
    Semi-finals
    Phil Taylor v Andy Hamilton
    Stephen Bunting v Raymond van Barneveld

Final

Devastator wrote: »
    I was on pdc a little earlier(Barney is hanging onto 16th in rankings by the skin of his diabetic teeth!) and they didn't have anything about it either :D

Actually, for us chatting about Phil never seeming fazed by travelling aul Barney moans something shocking! Think we've heard every excuse in the book from him....I don't mind him winning these no ranked events

We hardly need the spoiler tag if it's not televised? Surprised with that result in the final. As you said, meaningless exhibition but Id say Phil will be upset about that, especially against Barney.

Barney now will probably miss the next 2 or 3 ranking tournaments because hes tired from playing exhibitions. I despise the man and his attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Barney transcends the ranking system - very little reason for him to play minor events when regardless of ranking he seems to have a permanent invitation to all the junkets and an auto PL place.

He was very lucky to qualify for the world matchplay recently. Very lucky. I'm sure he would rather play in the big events which you need to qualify for than be invited to exhibitions. He won the Premier League last year so I can't really begrudge him that.

Barney is only £4000 in the good side of qualifying for grand prix with 3 events coming up, few other players very close to over taking him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Barney is abit moany alright, but for all that I like him. Great few matches with MVG in semi and Ady in final. Quality player is RVB.

Devastator wrote:
    Barney is only £4000 in the good side of qualifying for grand prix with 3 events coming up, few other players very close to over taking him

If he doesn't turn up to the next 3 events he could easily get passed out by a few people so? How do you check that out, It doesn't go by the OOM does it?

Barney is abit moany alright, but for all that I like him. Great few matches with MVG in semi and Ady in final. Quality player is RVB.

Deadly player alright when he wants to be. Love watching him play when hes in good form. It's his attitude that stinks.

If he doesn't turn up to the next 3 events he could easily get passed out by a few people so? How do you check that out, It doesn't go by the OOM does it?

thats pretty much it from what I can understand. Top 16 from OOM(Barney 16th) + top 14 (who not already qualified from protour, Barney nowhere) + couple Irish lads

there are 4 events left, got info from this article http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/ithb539rza501ds4y98cec7iz/title/four-events-left-in-dublin-race