Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Precal 2018

Does anybody know what time in the evenings college finishes at everyday for training in Portlaoise and Dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack your thread but what can we expect from the stage 3 process?

I know I need the leaving cert, but should I bring anything else like a CV etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭weadick

Does anyone know how frequent the classes are? I know the next class is in August but from what I hear it is nearly full already so when will the next class after that be, November?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jennyb053

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack your thread but what can we expect from the stage 3 process?

I know I need the leaving cert, but should I bring anything else like a CV etc?
    Bring a print out of your application form. They go through anything you have put on that. Bring any qualification certs you have. Then the rest birth cert etc. Make sure you put a post code for every address that's on the form you have to fill out. I forgot one and I had to bring it home and send it back up. Learn all your competencies well. Have a good example for each. Be prepared for questions that test your character. I got something like if you thought something was morally right but legally wrong what would you do. I told them about my neighbour who has Alzheimer's. We didn't see her for a couple of days so we broke into her house to make sure she was ok. It covered what they asked. Be as prepared and honest as you can. At the end of the day those interviewers are there to determine if you are suited for a job and if you're not would you really want it when it's not for you. The interview is intimidating but fine. Best of luck 😊

jennyb053 wrote: »
    Bring a print out of your application form. They go through anything you have put on that. Bring any qualification certs you have. Then the rest birth cert etc. Make sure you put a post code for every address that's on the form you have to fill out. I forgot one and I had to bring it home and send it back up. Learn all your competencies well. Have a good example for each. Be prepared for questions that test your character. I got something like if you thought something was morally right but legally wrong what would you do. I told them about my neighbour who has Alzheimer's. We didn't see her for a couple of days so we broke into her house to make sure she was ok. It covered what they asked. Be as prepared and honest as you can. At the end of the day those interviewers are there to determine if you are suited for a job and if you're not would you really want it when it's not for you. The interview is intimidating but fine. Best of luck ��

Thats great advice thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Has anyone heard about starting in the August class?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭weadick

User2206 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about starting in the August class?

If you still have to do your medical or physical I'd say forget it for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

Clearance is back! Did my interview in January ðŸ™

Did mine in Jan too. Did they ring you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bmrhcp

Finally got the call! Anybody else hear they're starting in August?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lawlorboy

yeah got called yesterday,August class,fun starts then,

• Advertisement

Luckymummy wrote: »
    Did mine in Jan too. Did they ring you?

Hi, no they sent me an email to say it was back, and all going well if I pass my fitness hopefully they'd be in a position to offer me a place on an upcoming class.

Bmrhcp wrote: »
    Finally got the call! Anybody else hear they're starting in August?

What date is the August class starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lawlorboy

What date is the August class starting?

August 12th you’ll be posted out the contract with all details

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lormcgov85

yeah got called monday contract going out this week fro August 12th class

Hi guys have a interview Monday and I'm filling out the clearance form, now I have 13 Aunts/uncles that I wouldnt know most addresses, can I put in address unknown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

Hey Just wondering how people are getting on with the fitness test ? have many people failed it ? iv been doing a bit of training the last few months but nothing crazy . before this i hadnt done anything in over a year

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Any idea when the next class after August will be? October?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DG74

Any idea when the next class after August will be? October?

Next class sept 16th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi can anyone tell me how much I would be looking at weekly? Would it be around 650 after tax ?
    Also do you get paid weekly or monthly

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Any tips as regards the fitness test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me how much I would be looking at weekly? Would it be around 650 after tax ?

Thanks in advance[/quote

Paid every 2 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Abbey127 wrote: »

Thanks in advance[/quote

Paid every 2 weeks.

How much would it be roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bowrow

Anyone got there pct july 25th
    Nerves kicking in

Bowrow wrote: »
    Anyone got there pct july 25th
    Nerves kicking in

Yep I have, I hear ya, with the nerves. I'm sick already, is your clearance back?

Dont be nervous , I did mine in April , it’s actually not that bad , once your reasonable fit you’ll breeze through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bowrow

Yep I have, I hear ya, with the nerves. I'm sick already, is your clearance back?
    No clearance yet Jenny
    See you thursday

My clearance is back since 6th June, but didn’t get into the 12th aug class, 24 places and I was 27 on the list , so hopefully the sept 16th class

Did you hear if you will get the aug class

DG74 wrote: »
    Did you hear if you will get the aug class

No didn't hear anything about a class yet. Just got the email saying that my clearance is back and if I pass my fitness hopefully they'd be in a position to offer me a place on an upcoming class. I would have deferred the August class anyway, if I could.

• Advertisement

No didn't hear anything about a class yet. Just got the email saying that my clearance is back and if I pass my fitness hopefully they'd be in a position to offer me a place on an upcoming class. I would have deferred the August class anyway, if I could.

Cheers
    Best of luck on thursday

Advertisement