Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My only negatives for Avengers Endgame
    Pepper suited and in the battle :mad: and also thought Bucky would be the new Cap

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My only negatives for Avengers Endgame
    Pepper suited and in the battle :mad: and also thought Bucky would be the new Cap

I thought it was a cool
    pay off to IM3 and earlier in the film

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I thought it was a cool
    pay off to IM3 and earlier in the film
    They didn't really treat it as something special though, the only hint of we got was when the kid had the helmet in the tent but didn't Tony say something about wanting it in the bedroom, not really a hint of what was to come, was just another thing in a sea of two dozen more awesome things at the end

Character wise it makes much more sense for Falcon to be the new Cap, Bucky has been fighting for years and seems sort of done for it, main reason I don't care about Falcon moving forward is Anthony Mackie has the appeal of a wet tissue stuck on my foot

Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer. Contains spoilers, i'll just post the link and let Tom Holland explain.

John Cena is in the next Fast and Furious film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    John Cena is in the next Fast and Furious film

Thrice in a lifetime?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pentecost wrote: »
    Thrice in a lifetime?

Nah, he's likely a Rock replacement for that branch of the films. Cena will be in the Vin Diseal branch of them, while Rock has moved off into his own.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nah, he's likely a Rock replacement for that branch of the films. Cena will be in the Vin Diseal branch of them, while Rock has moved off into his own.

Yes with Vin Diesel in 9

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Toy Story 4
    Man oh man, that ending was a heartbreaker. When I realized the direction it was going....I was not ready. Tears everywhere. I grew up with Toy Story, and still have my Woody doll I brought to bed every night with me. So him saying goodbye to the other toys....I appreciate it was the definition of bitter sweet, and that it was a true happy ending for him, but lordy, it was rough.

Incredible ending, and a proper emotional one. I thought the ending of Endgame was a tearjerker, but it was nothing compared to this.

Thought a lack of a true “villain” was great too.

If anyone's going to see the new Spidey film in a week and half's time, please be careful browsing YouTube, as the film's post credits scene has been leaked online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Toy Story 4
    Man oh man, that ending was a heartbreaker. When I realized the direction it was going....I was not ready. Tears everywhere. I grew up with Toy Story, and still have my Woody doll I brought to bed every night with me. So him saying goodbye to the other toys....I appreciate it was the definition of bitter sweet, and that it was a true happy ending for him, but lordy, it was rough.

Incredible ending, and a proper emotional one. I thought the ending of Endgame was a tearjerker, but it was nothing compared to this.

Just out of it myself, thought it was great
    I thought all the new characters were brilliant and the last few minutes of Gabi Gabi was an emotional rollercoaster all on its own for me!

I too grew up with Toy Story and while I didn't shed a tear at this one (I was the opposite for Toy Story 3, still am every time I see Andy hesitate with giving away Woody) the ending was great and I'm genuinely sad at the thought of Woody & Buzz being apart. I love Pixar in general but with Toy Story I think they've totally nailed the 'growing with your audience' thing and it continued with this one.

Toy Story 4

Keanu Reeves as Duke was great

So Spider-Man: Far From Home definitely lived up to my expectations. Then again Spidey is favourite superhero.. But I digress..

Anyways, non spoiler thoughts, it does well to progress what was built on in Homecoming, but also dealing with events post Avengers: Endgame. It acknowledges the events of it, but doesn't spend too long dwelling on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's SDCC time which means movie trailers

Top Gun: Maverick

Jay & Silent Bob Rebooted (Strong language warning)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/WWECritics/status/1151903890415263746?s=19

rm983603201.jpg

I'm amazed people still make these parody movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finished watching Trailer Park boys.quality went downhill at season 8 onwards but had it moments. Can't see them going back non animated esp with the death of John Dunsworth (mr Leahey) who was one of the best characters by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Finished watching Trailer Park boys.quality went downhill at season 8 onwards but had it moments. Can't see them going back non animated esp with the death of John Dunsworth (mr Leahey) who was one of the best characters by a mile

Yeah, the series more or less died when they had Snoop Dogg come to the park. Lost a lot of its charm.

Lahey's death was one of the few celebrity deaths that genuinely saddened me. One of the funniest characters in any TV show I've watched. I don't think I've ever seen better drunk acting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

John Dunsworth by all accounts was the sweetest, gentlest soul :) This video of him warms my heart.

Amazing he was a non drinker and could play the drunk guy perfectly. Deff the best actor in the series and is no doubt missed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Boys on Amazon Prime Video is fantastic. Go in knowing as little as possible & it's better as the trailers are fairly spoiler-ish

looking forward to the Watchmen series, new Rick and Morty and the new South Park episodes

I wont give up on the simpsons even tho the last few seasons have been frankly **** and ruining the legacy. Family Guy will go that way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

looking forward to the Watchmen series, new Rick and Morty and the new South Park episodes

I wont give up on the simpsons even tho the last few seasons have been frankly **** and ruining the legacy. Family Guy will go that way

Actually think family guy is worse than Simpson’s is these days

looking forward to the Watchmen series, new Rick and Morty and the new South Park episodes. I wont give up on the simpsons even tho the last few seasons have been frankly **** and ruining the legacy. Family Guy will go that way

A man after my own heart! Although FG has gotten really bad. Those repetitive motion jokes that last 60 seconds are a death sentence! Plus Brian, my God! What have they done to him!

Hobbs and Shaw is Universal Solider meets Batman meets James Bond meets Terminator meets Lethal Weapon enjoyable over the top dumb fun

are there many practical effects? The trailer is OTT CG slow motion stuff and it's not my cup of tea

jaykhunter wrote: »
    are there many practical effects? The trailer is OTT CG slow motion stuff and it's not my cup of tea

There is a lot of CGI but the chemistry and banter between The Rock and Jason Statham carries it, David Leitch directs
    he did Deadpool 2, also so explains two of the cameos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hobbs & Shaw is the most stupid over the top cgi infested overacting ridiculous crazy film and I loved every minute of it.

Pure summer popcorn.

Advertisement