Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name this film

• 31-07-2007 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭

A woman is gang raped, sets out to exact revenge on those who did it. The film has one particulary gruesome bathroom scene in it. I've forgotten the name of the film. So what is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

could it be the accused with jodie foster in it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Irreversible
    Havent seen it, but sounds like what you are looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I haven't seen it but saw the DVD advertised on a bargain site a few weeks ago, sounds like I Spit on Your Grave, controversial at the time. Someone told me about the bathroom scene as well..ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

As Ruu said it's probably 'I spit on your grave', it's still pretty controversial, and still pretty crappy imho.. although that bathroom scene does still make me wince..(not to mention the prolonged gang rape scene).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

wtf mate?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    wtf mate?
    No wtf sort of a reply is that? Please post properly or don't post at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

ixoy wrote:
    No wtf sort of a reply is that? Please post properly or don't post at all.
    whats wrong with wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

As Ruu said it's probably 'I spit on your grave', it's still pretty controversial, and still pretty crappy imho.. although that bathroom scene does still make me wince..(not to mention the prolonged gang rape scene).

yes that is it!! Just thinking about the bathroom scene now is difficult... i had to turn my head away during it when i first saw the film.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    whats wrong with wtf?
    You're adding nothing to the thread. Your "wtf mate" post is completely pointless and irrelevant to the thread and could be seen as trolling. Consider yourself warned - drop it and cop on to basic forum etiquette.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

yep ruu is right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077713/

its banned here still afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

faceman wrote:
    yep ruu is right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077713/

its banned here still afaik

They showed it on Zone Horror a while ago. I think they still have the rights to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I think I seen that particular film. I thought it was crap. I think this is what your looking for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082776/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

The Horrorthon in the IFI showed it a few Halloweens ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Irreversible
    Havent seen it, but sounds like what you are looking for

It doesn't even sound anything like irreversible, maybe you shouldn't suggest movies when you haven't even seen them! :D

And yes I Spit is a pretty crap film. After all the controversy surrounding it, I felt not just disappointed after watching it but downright cheated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

HavoK wrote:
    It doesn't even sound anything like irreversible, maybe you shouldn't suggest movies when you haven't even seen them! :D

And yes I Spit is a pretty crap film. After all the controversy surrounding it, I felt not just disappointed after watching it but downright cheated.

IMDB synopsis: Alex (Monica Bellucci) is brutally raped and beaten by a stranger in the underpass. Her boyfriend and ex-lover take matters into their own hands by hiring two criminals to help them find the rapist so that they can exact revenge.

I saw the words rape and revenge and thought it was similiar. My mistake :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If monica Bellucci get's gang raped on screen, how bad can it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

She doesn't get gang raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its fairly bad !!!!! the rape seen, you have to be sick minded to find something like that amusing to start with, the scene in that is way too intense, prolonged and very realistic, makes you sick.
    Great movie, some scenes were hard to watch. Specially the end bit :eek:

Advertisement