Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coins & Banknotes Valuation Sticky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I've been trying to find out how much the 2008 Antarctic Explorers €5 silver coin is going for at the moment but having no luck. It's a very low numbered one too (if that makes a difference?).

Irishcoinage.com doesn't seem to have it, anyone know where else I could look?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

Hi all, over the weekend we came across a tin of old money for the Lady Lavery years i believe they are called or the A series..

There are some £10, 2 £20, 1 10 shilling note also some £5 notes..

Could someone here advise me who is more familiar with historical notes form the past what they would do if they were me.. They range in years from 1950 to 1973.

Can anyone recommend someone in Dublin or anywhere around Ireland where i could get these valued or if there is a market for these notes?

I believe from this thread i just missed a fair in the rds..

Thank you for taking the time to read this and i look forward to any advice or information anyone can provide.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Teferi wrote: »
    I've been trying to find out how much the 2008 Antarctic Explorers €5 silver coin is going for at the moment but having no luck. It's a very low numbered one too (if that makes a difference?).

Irishcoinage.com doesn't seem to have it, anyone know where else I could look?

They haven't moved much in value, still going for around 50 euro. It's the gold and gold/silver double sets that have increased in value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

NonSickle wrote: »
    Could someone here advise me who is more familiar with historical notes form the past what they would do if they were me.. They range in years from 1950 to 1973

I'd stick them on ebay and you'll get whatever they're worth. You could try the two dealers in the Grafton arcade too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 katamazas

hi, i have Lady Lavery 20 pounds, dated 23-10-57. Maybe someone knows value of it. Thx.

• Advertisement

hi guys, i have Lady Lavery 20 pounds note, dated 23-10-57, circulated but good condition. Maybe someone can tell me how much is it worth. Thx.

Here is the picture of that my Lavery note.

katamazas wrote: »
    hi, i have Lady Lavery 20 pounds, dated 23-10-57. Maybe someone knows value of it. Thx.

Depends on it's condition, you'd need to post a picture of both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Szarik102

That's a reasonably nice 1957 £20. Value would be about 180–200 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

The note is in nice condition but has strong centre folds and 80 written on back detracts from the value, I think €150 would be the top end for this note

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 boskela

I have £1 in good condition. Dated 7-7-36. Anyone know its value ?

my friend said that in the British islands paper money catalog price was from 280 to 400 pounds, so i thought you gonna say something similar...

If it was in uncirculated condition I could see it going for €350 euros maybe €400 but the condition your note is in would not be worth that much

thx for info Anthony any way. i will try to sell it on ebay, starting bid 300 euro just for crack. Maybe someone will buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 peacefull

hi i would post them up only not long joined not allowed add albums yet

peacefull wrote: »
    hi i would post them up only not long joined not allowed add albums yet

You mentioned the edges were not round, are you sure you're not talking about British 20p's with 7 sides?

i thought they had to be perfectly round, i put up photos mine are same as normal 20p coins,

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

very cool its pretty strange with the variation of the edges
    never seen one like it im sure some of the others can help i seen one for sale on some site a while ago for 15k usd :eek:

the back of the coin seems to look like a 2p is it dirty or a bad scan#

its a bad scan alright . but as close up as my camera will let me , both coins are same , my brother has 1 an was checking his awell, sill none the wiser:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 mairtin.l

This is a coin i have had for a while. Its a Half Crown but mine if dated 1987 (Below is a example). Very good condition
    hc93.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

i know these not in the best condition, any idea of the value?
    date 17th feb 1864

Ive looked at these a number of times over the last few days and from personaly seeing one of these coins and from looking at the photos of del parkers coin linked below I honesty do not believe that the photos that you have posted are of a coin that you own
    http://www.irishcoins.com/?id=165
    there are far too similarities between the photos you have posted and del parkers photos
    to the left of the horses head there are three bag marks in both photos
    in the other 85 20p ive seen these marks are not present
    over the horses head is a atmospheric mark which is present in both photos and is not on the one I have seen
    on the harp side of the coin the evidence that the two photos are the same is even stronger
    in éire underneath the é and r there are atmospheric spots where are the same in both photos
    there is also the same spot of dirt in the strings of the harp on both coins

this was a very poor attempt to fool us
    I was sceptic from the beginning when you said you have two of these coins and your brother has another
    There are only a handful of these coins known to exist

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Hey can anyone tell me the value of, or where i can get these notes valued?

£100 Lady Lavery 21.11.63 mint cond. note. x1

£20 Lady Lavery 27.4.54 mind cond. note x1

£10 Series B 25.02.83 mint cond. note. x1

£5 Series B 07.05.93 mint cond. note. x2

10 Shilling Lady lavery 06.06.68 ripped note. x1

£1 Series B, years 88-89 good condition x6

$2 Series 1976 mint cond. x1

I keep getting stonewalled trying to find out these values so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

If you put up some photos of the front and back of the notes ill be able to give you a few figures

@ nonsickle
    the two £20 pound you have are worth little over face value because of their condition
    the first on is worth around €35 and the second one is worth around €30 and would probably take along time to sell at that, best off taking it to the central bank really and get €25.40 for it
    the confederate note tbh honest i dont have muck knowledge about, i know there are alot of fakes around, most were made in the 1970's for gift shops and its hard enough to tell the difference, non the less if this one is real it wont be worth a whole lot due to its condition unless its a rare variation which i dont know, but if its a standard one it would be worth around €10 as the ones in good condition usually sell for €20-30

Snow joke wrote: »

The £10, £5 and £1 are worth little over face value because the are circulated
    the £10 is worth around €15 maybe €20, £5 is worth around €10 and the pound is worth around €3
    The £100 and £20 lady lavery notes are two very nice notes
    both in great condition
    the £100 looks to be in extremely fine condition with one centre crease and a nice year 1963, would be worth €600-€750
    The £20 looks to be about uncirculated and is signed Redmond which was only the case in 1954 and 1955
    I saw one very similar to this sell recently for €300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

its a bad scan alright . but as close up as my camera will let me , both coins are same , my brother has 1 an was checking his awell, sill none the wiser:eek:
    peaceful if this is some elaborate joke then take this as a warning that no time wasting will be tolerated on this forum.I've looked at the photo's from the link that Anthony has posted up and the coins in those photo's are in my opinion the very same as the ones you have posted up.Just to point out also that on the Del Parker website that all rights are reserved.For now your post will be edited until you can explain the similarities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Thank you very much anthony

Advertisement