Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would someone not just post the rumour in here to stop all the pm nonsense?

I've nothing solid to back it up, so, you know the usual story - don't quote this as verified fact!

Anyway, my (insert family member) got a text yesterday about 2 workers in (insert shop name) at the (insert shopping center). Apparently, they came back from a holiday in (insert foreign red list country), never self-isolated, went straight back to work, and now 6 members of staff there are sick. That's the rumour as I heard it.

There were similar stories about (insert shop name) on the (insert road name) last week, though. Wait to hear it from other sources before you get too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Old Crescent RFC have confirmed a case of Covid-19 in a tag rugby team member.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/565526/limerick-rugby-club-confirms-positive-covid-19-test-in-tag-rugby-player.html

and of course putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 , it must have been some party.....

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/news/565497/several-covid-19-cases-in-limerick-linked-to-clare-house-party.html

** these may or may not have been linked

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Please stop with the PM stuff. If you want to pm the guy, do it. You don't need to post on this thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Having gotten the PM, its an absolute thing of nothing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Having gotten the PM, its an absolute thing of nothing anyway.

The last time you'll be getting one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Staying in the Strand hotel there next week for a few days. What pubs ,within walking distance, are serving food and would be recommended? TIA.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Squiggle wrote: »
    Staying in the Strand hotel there next week for a few days. What pubs ,within walking distance, are serving food and would be recommended? TIA.

The Locke, the Curragower, Phil Flannerys, the Old Quarter and 101 are all serving food. Cobblestone Joes is open as well, but I think they might only be serving pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

The Curraghgower is the closest. More of a restaurant than pub these days but nice views and great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

The Curragower is the closest but they're probably strict with times as it's pretty popular.

House is second closest but I haven't tried it so can't recommend.

The Locke Bar is lovely but social distancing is questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

The Curraghgower is set along the river, seating inside and out in a covered terrace and has lovely views of the castle. Food and pints there are very good.

The Locke Bar has a lot of outdoor seating and again would be popular with locals during the summer and tourists (if any about).

House is also on the river, lovely decor inside and has tables outside as well.

They all do walk ins but they'd be popular so Id advise to book in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Mc Love wrote: »
    I've nothing solid to back it up, so, you know the usual story - don't quote this as verified fact!

Anyway, my (insert family member) got a text yesterday about 2 workers in (insert shop name) at the (insert shopping center). Apparently, they came back from a holiday in (insert foreign red list country), never self-isolated, went straight back to work, and now 6 members of staff there are sick. That's the rumour as I heard it.

There were similar stories about (insert shop name) on the (insert road name) last week, though. Wait to hear it from other sources before you get too worried.

I'm curious as to what difference it makes if the same rumour is spread either by publishing on the forum, or via PMs to all that ask?

Surely there can't be any legal difference, if that is what the problem is?

After all, the end result is pretty much the same - spreading rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭maebee

Very worrying for us here in Limerick :(

There’s fresh concerns that a rising number of COVID-19 cases at University Hospital #Limerick could mean a local lockdown

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1293532695654469632

The usual scaremongering BS from Virgin media. There are 40 - 50 people waiting on tests in UHL every single day because you can't be admitted without getting a test. The numbers are up, but the three counties are being added together here leading to a grand total of 4 people in hospital. We're nowhere near the numbers in Kildare/Offaly/Loais.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So most of the recent Limerick and Clare cases are linked to house party and/or beach party, the organisers of both should be fined prosecuted if that is possible, was the beach just an over crowded sess?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Berty wrote: »
    Then again, who doesn't love Gossip.
    phill106 wrote: »
    Pm me with the name of the person who doesn't?

Me. I detest gossip in every form. It's a bane on society and i actively avoid gossipers. Mind your own fecking business. They're all gossip to you about other people, and then gossiping to other people about you.
    I'm curious as to what difference it makes if the same rumour is spread either by publishing on the forum, or via PMs to all that ask?

Surely there can't be any legal difference, if that is what the problem is?

After all, the end result is pretty much the same - spreading rumours.

Putting it in the public view could lead boards to libel claims. In PM's it's private and not viewable to the general public, so it's like the difference between someone saying it over a loudspeaker, and someone whispering it to you.
    The usual scaremongering BS from Virgin media. There are 40 - 50 people waiting on tests in UHL every single day because you can't be admitted without getting a test. The numbers are up, but the three counties are being added together here leading to a grand total of 4 people in hospital. We're nowhere near the numbers in Kildare/Offaly/Loais.

I wouldn't call it scaremongering, I call it information. It's about. There's 4 confirmed cases, and more waiting on tests who could also be confirmed cases, which could lead to further confirmed cases to those connected. It just means that we need to be more careful as it's about, and it's about locally. That's all.

I didn't bother going into the city, instead went the opposite direction to Kilmallock. Saw most people conforming, but still the odd asshat who thinks they don't need to. Good thing I'm wearing a mask, as it muffles my already low voiced expletives that I mumble in their direction.

I wouldn't call it scaremongering, I call it information. It's about. There's 4 confirmed cases, and more waiting on tests who could also be confirmed cases, which could lead to further confirmed cases to those connected. It just means that we need to be more careful as it's about, and it's about locally. That's all.

Putting information out there would be explaining that while 50 people were waiting on tests at the hospital, that's because everyone being admitted has to be tested automatically and they're not people showing symptoms.

Saying that there's 50 people waiting on tests and that the region is in danger of going into lockdown (which is complete and utter BS) is scaremongering.

Virgin Media prefer to go the Fox News route of making the stories rather than just reporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Virgin Media prefer to go the Fox News route of making the stories rather than just reporting them

Ah come on....

Virgin media "news" ...yes its appallingly poor and sensationalist but making comparisons with FOX ... are you for real...
    FOX is utter bs, scutter drivel...I'd watch RT or Bloomberg faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So most of the recent Limerick and Clare cases are linked to house party and/or beach party, the organisers of both should be fined prosecuted if that is possible, was the beach just an over crowded sess?

I believe both of what’s being referred to as a beach party and or the house party are the one and same thing - the party by the Bandstand in Kilkee the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Originally Posted by phill106 View Post
    Pm me with the name of the person who doesn't?

Me. I detest gossip in every form. It's a bane on society and i actively avoid gossipers. Mind your own fecking business. They're all gossip to you about other people, and then gossiping to other people about you.

You do know i was taking the piss out of all the pm me posts right?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

He'll never be a monk with that potty mouth. Tut tut.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Do ya reckon the 6 lads on the Cratloe football team were connected to that get together in Kilkee? Also The Creamery bar&restaurant in Bunratty shut down yesterday with a staff member testing positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    8 new cases

That gives 47 cases in 14 days - anyone know the threshold for lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Do ya reckon the 6 lads on the Cratloe football team were connected to that get together in Kilkee? Also The Creamery bar&restaurant in Bunratty shut down yesterday with a staff member testing positive.

They're all connected to the thing in Kilkee, same as Claughan and Shannon RFC.

boege wrote: »
    That gives 47 cases in 14 days - anyone know the threshold for lockdown?

There's no threshold. NPHET will decide on a case by case basis. 47 while high, is still only 24 cases per 100,000. The three counties in lockdown were up around 138, 109 and 84 per 100,000 for Kildare, Offaly and Laois respectively on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nope, my sarcasm detector is a bit wonky lately. I'm blaming it on the diazepam a doctor thought would make me feel better... Feel normal now that I've stopped taking them so might be able to pick up on it in the future!

Quick spin in today to Roxboro to get eggs and a few bits in Tesco. Seems to be about 90% of people adhering to the mask wearing, typical scobes thinking they've above it though. That'll never change I suppose, and usually why I don't go to the Roxboro Tesco anymore, except the bacon and cabbage was on and I wanted to get home while it was still fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

Shout out to the dope that was walking around town with no mask and a T-shirt saying RTE is the virus! Way to show us sheeple!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

The Limerick Leader has published that it was a house party in Clare, and by all accounts a part of Clare close to Limerick. What's your basis for the Kilkee connection?

Munster Rugby case too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Munster Rugby case too?

Apparently one in the academy but not sure they have made a statement confirming or denying yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement