Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madeleine Mc Cann-A social experiment in Manipulation (mod warning first post)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

blinding wrote: »
    Just as an aside.

Kate McCann was asked 48 questions by the Portuguese Police.

The Only one she answered was ; Do you agree that by not answering these questions you are hindering the investigation in to what happened to your daughter Madeleine McCann ?

Kate McCann answered yes to that question !

Oh, this tired trope again...

Kate McCann was questioned as a witness for 8 hours on 6th September, 2007. As a witness, she had no right to refuse to answer any questions. All questions answered. On top of the statements she had already made earlier.

The Portuguese status of arguido is equivalent to the British "person of interest" but does not mean the person has been accused or charged with any crime.

The arguido status gives the person more rights, such as having a lawyer present or being able to refuse to answer any questions.

On the advice of her lawyer, Carlos Pinto de Abreu, Kate McCann refused to answer all questions once she was made arguida on 7th September.

Does that answer and the failure to answer the other 47 questions indicate that Kate McCann really wanted to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Would this be normal behaviour of a parent that really wanted to find out what happened to their daughter ?

Again, you frame it as if she had something sinister to hide and is therefore guilty. Imagine for a second she was completely innocent and frame it in that way. How would answering questions aimed at implicating her in a crime she didn't commit help in finding her daughter?

You would have to be an idiot not to accept legal advice in such a situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

SusieBlue wrote: »
    That isn’t what you said, though.
    You said she refused to answer any questions that would help in the search for her child, while neglecting to mention that she had already answered them and that she was advised not to because the police weren’t following any other leads at that time.

They are no longer considered to be suspected by any police force on earth so it’s irrelevant anyway.
    There was absolutely no evidence against them besides ‘feelings’ and claims of ‘if my child went missing I wouldn’t react like that, I’d do XYZ’. Which isn’t evidence and doesn’t allude to their guilt whatsoever.
    She did answer One question out of the 48 ( read earlier post )

Was that answer " Not of Interest to you “ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She did answer One question out of the 48 ( read earlier post )

Was that answer " Not of Interest to you “ ?

You were trying to imply she wouldn’t cooperate with the investigation by refusing to answer questions about her missing child. That simply isn’t true and is a gross misrepresentation of what actually occurred.

Quite dishonest and misleading of you, but so transparent to anyone reading.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    You were trying to imply she wouldn’t cooperate with the investigation by refusing to answer questions about her missing child. That simply isn’t true and is a gross misrepresentation of what actually occurred.

Quite dishonest and misleading of you, but so transparent to anyone reading.
    If she had answered the questions before why was she unwilling to answer them again ?

Why would anyone answer the one of the 48 in the manner she did if she really wanted to find out what happened to Madeleine !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

If she had answered the questions before why was she unwilling to answer them again ?

Why would anyone answer the one of the 48 in the manner she did if she really wanted to find out what happened to Madeleine !

Why ask the questions again if they already had all the answers? That seems like a massive waste of time and resources during an urgent investigation into a missing child, if they were genuinely trying to find her that is.

They were trying to implicate her in her child’s disappearance and she was legally advised not to, that seems like a pretty reasonable and legitimate reason not to answer the questions again to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

larva wrote: »
    Everyone is a suspect until the crime is solved, I just never really got the vibe that the Macanns did anything untoward. I havent followed this story in years but I recall something of a falling out between the Portugeese police and how the Macanns thought they were handling the case, which may have "rubbed them up" the wrong way.

Considering that one of the lead investigators was also an official suspect in another case of a missing child with very similar circumstances to this one, a falling out would probably be an understatement.

Here are the 48 questions.

It would be interesting if posters could prove that Kate McCann had actually answered these questions before ?

There is nothing a normal person would not answer there if they thought it would help to find their daughter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-kate-questions-gerry-parents-a8822751.html

It would be interesting if posters could prove that Kate McCann had actually answered these questions before ?

There is nothing a normal person would not answer there if they thought it would help to find their daughter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-kate-questions-gerry-parents-a8822751.html

V misleading post. I’m not gong to answer 48 questions but K McCann explains in her book what was happening with the Portuguese police and why she didn’t answer those questions. In summary, the relationship had broken down because the police were leaking so much information to the press and not actively searching for Madeline that they had lost all trust - not to mention they were just blundering their way through the investigation.

Funny how you qualify every post saying by saying “I’m not saying they did it, but...”
    Trust me, any theory you come up with or doubt that you have has already been blown out of the water. Why don’t you just lay your cards on the table, say why you think they did it so we can disprove them and move on instead of this mid and wink drip drip, “I’m not saying they did it” nonsense.

V misleading post. I’m not gong to answer 48 questions but K McCann explains in her book what was happening with the Portuguese police and why she didn’t answer those questions. In summary, the relationship had broken down because the police were leaking so much information to the press and not actively searching for Madeline that they had lost all trust - not to mention they were just blundering their way through the investigation.

Funny how you qualify every post saying by saying “I’m not saying they did it, but...”
    Trust me, any theory you come up with or doubt that you have has already been blown out of the water. Why don’t you just lay your cards on the table, say why you think they did it so we can disprove them and move on instead of this mid and wink drip drip, “I’m not saying they did it” nonsense.
    In my opinion there was plenty of reason to suspect the McCanns.

Lets see if this New suspect in Germany amounts to something concrete. If he did it lets hope there is concrete evidence to prove that.

Until someone other that the McCanns is convicted on concrete evidence I consider the McCanns strong suspects.

In my opinion there was plenty of reason to suspect the McCanns.

Lets see if this New suspect in Germany amounts to something concrete. If he did it lets hope there is concrete evidence to prove that.

Until someone other that the McCanns is convicted on concrete evidence I consider the McCanns strong suspects.

Well then you’ll live in hope and die in despair because there is not a shred of evidence to suspect the McCann’s.

• Advertisement

Well then you’ll live in hope and die in despair because there is not a shred of evidence to suspect the McCann’s.
    There was / is plenty of reasons to suspect the McCanns.

Lets see how this German Suspect plays out or is it another Red Herring ?

What reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Seriously if they did do something,how on earth did they move her body with the whole world watching.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

All I know is any normal person who has answered the police's questions again and again, as they said they did, and who knows their child is gone, will begin to get very angry, frustrated and panic about the time being lost and how far away their child could be getting every day, or worse. There are two ways of looking at it and neither has been proven the correct one so all anyone can do is use their own judgment. Spouting which side you come from day in day out on this thread doesn't change it. I am not referring to you. I am referring to the circles this thread takes, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I hope the abductor is found and punished beyond what they deserve and that the family get closure.

Babooshka wrote: »
    All I know is any normal person who has answered the police's questions again and again, as they said they did, and who knows their child is gone, will begin to get very angry, frustrated and panic about the time being lost and how far away their child could be getting every day, or worse. There are two ways of looking at it and neither has been proven the correct one so all anyone can do is use their own judgment. Spouting which side you come from day in day out on this thread doesn't change it. I am not referring to you. I am referring to the circles this thread takes, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I hope the abductor is found and punished beyond what they deserve and that the family get closure.

Not to mention that it was the Police who were leaking everything to the tabloids.

The going round in circles is also ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The fact is that in these enlightened times, neither the police nor the journalists - nor, heaven help us, boards.ie - can find a person guilty if there is no evidence.
    Evidence actually means more than a vague sureness that someone "must have done it"

There isn't a scrap of evidence that the parents done it, in this case - [although sadly, as we all know, family are often the strongest suspects when a child is harmed]
    But you still need Evidence: that is, - a footprint or a fingerprint, a shred of thread, a video or a recording, a witness or a digital trace.
    And there's nothing. It really does look as if the Portuguese police tramped all over the crime scene and obliterated any evidence there might have been. They don't come out of this whole sorry business looking professional.

This new suspect, Mr C ---- B --- has form, undoubtedly: and had means, motive and opportunity.
    Also, has been outed by some confederate - "He told me that..." - which is never a very good case and definitely not enough to charge someone: but may give a starting point for new searches.

And there may have been witnesses to the abduction of Madeleine - the photo of Mr C -- B--- should be circulated far and wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Does anyone have any more on the McCanns and the alledged peado links? You may know about the meeting with the peado Freud, well I'm just going to quote a poster called joeguevara:

"There are clear links to Freud and the Mccanns before the apparent friendship began. The solicitor firm that the Mccanns immediately Used who have also represented Pinochet but also clement Freud and greville janner. The latter two alleged child molesters. The former connected to Gerry Mccann through the same freemason Lodge and Freud and Granville shared an office."

Then the statement by Katherina Gaspar which was backed up by her husband:

"I was sitting between Dave and Gerry whom I believe were both talking about Madeleine. I don't remember the conversation in its entirety, but it seemed they were discussing a possible scenario. I remember Dave telling Gerry something like ?she?, referring to Madeleine, ?would do this?.

When he mentioned ?this?, Dave was sucking on one of his fingers, pushing it in and out of his mouth, whilst with the other hand he circled his nipple, with a circulating movement over his clothes. This was done in a provocative manner there being an explicit insinuation in relation to what he was saying and doing.

I remember that I was shocked at this, and looked at Gerry, and also at Dave, to see their reactions. I looked around (page 4) to see ?did anyone else hear this, or was it just me?. There was a nervous silence noted in the conversations of all the others and immediately afterwards everyone began talking again."

The tapas group themselves all liked to take turns bathing each others kids.

I don't believe it but there's a few things in it. Can anyone shed some light on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Babooshka wrote: »
    The dogs repeatedly were called back to areas they didn't alert by the handler until they then did. It was a joke. Who knows why dogs get excited when someone is yelling at them and then gives them treats, trained or not. We don't know why animals do what they do, which is why it's not classed as an exact science.

The dogs also weren't as successful as people who want to see the McCanns jailed are making out. They were wrong in other cases. There's nothing new being spouted here.

The handler and the dogs were brought into a car park with 6 cars or do. They were never told which car was the McCanns.

The handler and the dogs were brought into a car park with 6 cars or do. They were never told which car was the McCanns.

Not quite. There are serious doubts about the Dogs. ALL the searches were filmed and forensics were able to compare the dogs actions.

Be that as it may, the car was rented weeks after the disappearance which casts further doubt on the veracity of the dog searches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement