Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planned Terror attack Germany

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Just to add to my post. News out that a Jewish Dutch father and son have been stabbed in Amsterdam by an Egyptian man who when arrested claimed he did it in the name of the prophet Muhammad.

Things are getting out of hand

Things are only getting out of hand now?? After a double stabbing? Jesus man have you just woken up from a coma!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Does anyone question when these terror attacks happen why do they happen. Its all disaffected youths radicalized. Radicalized by a group of people who believe in an ideology that you cant challenge. So how do you stop this. This discussion really needs to be had. Because if you don't it will continue. People need to have he balls to stand up to this and challenge it. Call a spade a spade and allow free speech. Mocking religion happens all the time. Father ted etc so why is a certain religion given a pass. We all know why and thats a hugh part of problem. The scumbag in new zealand is a scumbag.

And before any says anything i think all religions are crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

how.gareth wrote: »
    Things are only getting out of hand now?? After a double stabbing? Jesus man have you just woken up from a coma!

I didn't realise incidents were turning into a daily occurrence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Checkmate19;.............In ireland the troubles where because ira wanted a united ireland.

Wrong there.

The trouble initially started because Catholics in NI were being discriminated against and treated as 2nd class citizens.

When Catholics began to be murdered by Loyalist paramilitaries and British soldiers.....the IRA responded with similar methods

The call for a united Ireland came later.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Where's the big mode note threatening to ban anybody who dares step out of line? :rolleyes:

Wrong there.

The trouble initially started because Catholics in NI were being discriminated against and treated as 2nd class citizens.

When Catholics began to be murdered by Loyalist paramilitaries and British soldiers.....the IRA responded with similar methods

The call for a united Ireland came later.

I think maybe that's true to an extent. Ill give you that. Bit late to be arguing the toss on that. Still think its about all ireland. It was building and this was always going to happen i think. I dont think religion played the major part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

DS86DS wrote: »
    Where's the big mode note threatening to ban anybody who dares step out of line? :rolleyes:

It’s early days yet brah!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

DS86DS wrote: »

here it is ;)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I think maybe that's true to an extent. Ill give you that. Bit late to be arguing the toss on that. Still think its about all ireland. It was building and this was always going to happen i think. I dont think religion played the major part.

I'm lost for words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Again I ask did they attack Germany or Holland?

Yes, as myself and two other posters have already said.

They murdered people in Germany and Holland ....and Belgium.

I was concerned when you didn't know these facts beforehand, Just getting suspicious now.

Could you reply to my questions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blueshoe wrote:
    All of these threads go the same route with people arguing. Does anyone actually have a solution or an idea of what can be done to prevent or dissuade terrorists from carrying out these attacks? Whether they are Islamic, white supremacist or any other type.

Or am I just being naive?
    Yes I have but you won't like it.
    Solution is to end the internet, smartphones etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes I have but you won't like it.
    Solution is to end the internet, smartphones etc.

So we don't hear about attacks anymore? Similar to closing your eyes and cover your ears

• Site Banned Posts: 1 The Capo

Part and Parcel as the man once said.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭corminators

Generally in history of you mix two completely different types of people with different value systems whose basic values go against each other it don't work out so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every single thread like this has some clown trying to derail the topic with whataboutery about the IRA.

Maybe you can can explain to me your reasoning for posting so. Are we just supposed to ignore what's happening in Europe and bend over when it arrives on our shores?

Because you know but, but,but the IRA bla, bla, bla.
    Indeed, I think no-one denies the threat current IRA is, but to bring it into Jihadist threads is to devalue the Jihadi threat.

Like I read somewhere, yes terrorists kill a lot of people but more people die from slipping in their bathtub.
    Ok, so should I now ignore the rising Jihadi threat and stop taking baths?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,497 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

biko wrote: »
    Indeed, I think no-one denies the threat current IRA is, but to bring it into Jihadist threads is to devalue the Jihadi threat.

Like I read somewhere, yes terrorists kill a lot of people but more people die from slipping in their bathtub.
    Ok, so should I now ignore the rising Jihadi threat and stop taking baths?

Staircases are the real killer.

Also baths? Do you live in Downton Abbey?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boggles wrote: »
    Also baths? Do you live in Downton Abbey?
    Perchance I do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blueshoe wrote:
    So we don't hear about attacks anymore? Similar to closing your eyes and cover your ears

Have a look at a graph of terrorist attacks, deaths and injuries. Then go check when internet became a common thing and you'll see a spike and continued growth as internet improves.
    There are more terrorists that ever before because of social media and advanced online tracking of susceptible individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Only for the Internet Police most likely would not be stopping a average of 2 attacks happening every 3 days

• Advertisement
Advertisement