Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man child video gamers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Mr E wrote: »
    Idiotic thread (the opinion of a gamer in his 40s who lives a full life, is physically fit, has lots of friends, a close family and is in a healthy relationship)
    Don’t let my thread get to you, you didn’t have to post in it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.
    Should adults who play games be audited?

What, like audited by the Scientologists? Or PWC? or the Public accounts Committee? You need to be more specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Brycen Melted Spaceman

Are you a scientologist OP? It would explain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Mr E wrote: »
    Idiotic thread (the opinion of a gamer in his 40s who lives a full life, is physically fit, has lots of friends, a close family and is in a healthy relationship)

Is it with that croupier from San Andreas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Kimbot wrote: »
    You do realise that video games are a form of entertainment just like tv etc. The difference with video games is that you interact with them.

^
    Yep.

Irony hopefully not lost on Mary that she's having a debate with a bunch of pseudonyms on her computer, all or none of which could be real but "seem" real to her. Essentially a video game, but whatever the case I'm sure her battle against the enemy commenters will see her reign supreme and she won't have to use any continues or select an earlier save to beat them. But she may use a Game Genie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭pah

I’m the boss in my house. If I say jump they say how high.

It seems your boyfriend would disagree

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The more pressing question is about the auditors imo. Who audits them?

Or do we have un-audited auditors in our midst?

This is the type of thing that causes stuff like Brexit :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

1000 words etc

0t2lsn9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pointless people should be audited. Pointless thread btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yea the F off got reported.

Duly ignored, by the by.

Should people who start stupid threads be audited?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭pah

37 yr old man here OP. Every year my New Years resolution is to play more video games, so... Yeah whatever. I sense that you are the one who wants to control everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

You're talking firmly out of your rectum. Like most forms of entertainment there is nothing wrong with playing computer games in moderation, which 99% of gamers do - the notion of some basement dwelling anti-social weirdo playing computer games 24/7 is a fallacy that rarely happens. Every gamer I know is doing absolutely fine and would probably have more success at passing an audit (whatever the hell it is you're auditing) than you would.

But don't let the truth stop you, you enjoy your moment on your soap box you utter clown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

I loved computer games until I was 12. Once puberty kicked in, and I realised girls had nothing but contempt for lads who played video games, the PlayStation was soon dropped.

I don't know, each to his own and all but I do think it's a bit sad adults playing computer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The weird thing about this is there's a shít-ton of 25-35yo female gamers nowadays too.

Why are male gamers the target?

I loved computer games until I was 12. Once puberty kicked in, and I realised girls had nothing but contempt for lads who played video games, the PlayStation was soon dropped.

I don't know, each to his own and all but I do think it's a bit sad adults playing computer games.

You should have carried on, you've missed some cracking games over the last few years - but each to their own dude

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

pah wrote: »
    It seems your boyfriend would disagree

:D

Sure she says gamers want control of everything yet when she says jump everyone jumps. Hmmm now does that mean mary is a closet gamer..........

It's ok mary, this is a safe space, you can admit your gaming ways here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

My mam once questioned how anyone could sit interacting with a screen for hours playing a game, the same woman has a weekly ritual of bullsh1t brain-dead soaps between 6.30 and 9 every day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackeire

You're talking firmly out of your rectum. Like most forms of entertainment there is nothing wrong with playing computer games in moderation, which 99% of gamers do - the notion of some basement dwelling anti-social weirdo playing computer games 24/7 is a fallacy that rarely happens. Every gamer I know is doing absolutely fine and would probably have more success at passing an audit (whatever the hell it is you're auditing) than you would.

But don't let the truth stop you, you enjoy your moment on your soap box you utter clown
    I beg to differ, my partners brother is a 33 year old, basement dwelling anti-social weirdo who plays games 24/7.
    The only time he leaves his bedroom is to collect his dole.
    Sad existence really.

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Duly ignored, by the by.

Should people who start stupid threads be audited?

Wow, the ninja edit by that poster gave a clear message. Are you a mod or a poster here as you can’t be in the parade and watch it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I sincerely hope you've moved onto women.

• Advertisement

mackeire wrote: »
    I beg to differ, my partners brother is a 33 year old, basement dwelling anti-social weirdo who plays games 24/7.
    Sad existence really.

I agree, it is a sad existence and he should seek help for what is most likely, at this stage, an addiction - my point is that your partner's brother is the exception rather than the rule

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wow, the ninja edit by that poster gave a clear message. Are you a mod or a poster here as you can’t be in the parade and watch it also.

Oh you better believe he can be in the parade and also watch it ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Liamalone wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you've moved onto women.

I'd say they're angling to ask Mary to the debs....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Whatchoo gonna do about it?

Now you've gone and done it........

Not going to feed it.

Not going to feed it.

But are you going to answer any of the questions put to you in these threads you create?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I don't see any problem with it, a grown man on a skateboard I'd have a problem with.

I don't see any problem with it, a grown man on a skateboard I'd have a problem with.

Ah leave Tony hawk out of this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

mackeire wrote: »
    Sad existence really.

Someone says something's rare and you "beg to differ" by giving a single example?

Advertisement