Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man child video gamers

• 13-01-2019 12:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.
    Should adults who play games be audited?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Damn.. we gamers really need to rise up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Audited to make sure of what Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.

Lol

0/10

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

These gamers give a true and fair view free of material misstatement? That kind of audit?

Sounds weird... and stoopid...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Audited to make sure of what Mary.

Tax compliance?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not healthy in my opinion

I'm not a gamer myself but what's the harm? It's perfectly acceptable to veg out in front of the tv watching Sky Sports or have your head buried in your phone playing Candy Crush or going on Facebook, what's the difference?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm an adult, I play video games, I'm healthy and no i dont want to control everything as you say. I can easily separate my gaming from real life. So tell me, why exactly should someone audit me??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

:rolleyes:

Yea the F off got reported.

• Advertisement

Gamers, don't be insulted.

OP's idea of fun is creating troll threads. He's a 13-year-old Xbox gamer but doesn't know it yet.

I'll take my hobby that I enjoy and be glad it's something I have.

Snitches get stitches

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gamers, don't be insulted.

OP's idea of fun is creating troll threads. He's a 13-year-old Xbox gamer but doesn't know it yet.

I'll take my hobby that I enjoy and be glad it's something I have.

Maybe we should get people that post pointless threads on the internet audited. Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Give me video games over listening to you nagging and pontificating any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This is all getting very meta now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Silver scrub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Tax compliance?

To see if their brains have changed.
    Become more efficient:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170622103824.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

There's a real life? :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Op hasn't gone full Jack Thompson yet, no banning across the board - just auditing :pac:

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    There's a real life? :o

8af.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Omackeral wrote: »
    8af.jpg

Damn that's clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Haha, sure let's audit book readers and film watchers too as it's the same thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Greyfox wrote: »
    Haha, sure let's audit book readers and film watchers too as it's the same thing

No it’s not.

No it’s not.

You do realise that video games are a form of entertainment just like tv etc. The difference with video games is that you interact with them.

No it’s not.

Your neckbeard is overflowing, time to vacate the basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Idiotic thread (the opinion of a gamer in his 40s who lives a full life, is physically fit, has lots of friends, a close family and is in a healthy relationship)

No it’s not.

It is two

Mr E wrote: »
    Idiotic thread (the opinion of a gamer in his 40s who lives a full life, is physically fit, has lots of friends, a close family and is in a healthy relationship)

How far can ye get in the beep test though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'm inclined to agree that some can' separate the games from real life. Sure there was a child no older than 29 walking around my estate earlier trying to track a grizzly with an imaginery Winchester in his hands.

Advertisement