Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Played my first game last night on NYC7. Didn't have a clue where I was going!

From the starting point I wandered along a road before taking a detour into a forest to the west. My eyes kept playing tricks on me, and I thought I could see shapes moving in the trees - turned out to be nothing though. I did jump at one point when a rabbit hopped up behind me when I was prone.
    Anyway, after about 30mins of running I approached the map boundary (without having seen anything of interest). Annoyed I changed direction and ended up in a small village infested with zombies.

One of them on the outskirts noticed me and I drew him away before killing him. I wandered between a few houses but I wasn't able to enter any of them. I eventually ended up in the middle of a large horde, after alerting one of them I panicked and fired.

15mins later I was still running cross country trying to lose a pack of 15 zeds with no ammo. At one point I thought I saw a lake in the distance, but it turned out to be a field :(

I ended up trying to lock myself into an electrical substation before realising they were already in the building. I died on top of my first item - a totally useless windshield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Has anyone noticed some servers are better for loot than others? Server I was on yesterday one of the buildings I went into had 2 AK-47's and a AK-74. Also found a Lee Enfield Rifle, Winchester, G17 pistol and a CZ along in other areas in the two hours or so I played last night.

Other servers iv be lucky to get a scrap tin can

Edit: Also found all those in Elektro!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

getting a "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus" error message when i try to join any server.

Installed the mod correctly in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

and do see @Dayz listed on the main menu.

Anyone have any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

you need arma 2 or Arma free, Chernarus not part of Operation Arrowhead:(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Just one of the many to come videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd4F_xc6As

Listen at the very end, who was that that just goes "Oooh, nice rainbow"

That video brought me into the weird and creepy part of youtube looking at the related videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

IgsTer wrote: »
    getting a "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus" error message when i try to join any server.

Installed the mod correctly in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

and do see @Dayz listed on the main menu.

Anyone have any advice?

Have a look here, and you should find most of the answers you require :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Have a look here, and you should find most of the answers you require :D

That link doesnt work but heres the instructions for using the Arma free version through steam

1. DL Arma free via steam
    2. Buy and DL Operation Arrowhead
    3. Go to the Arma Free folder, Copy the 'Addons' folder
    4. Go to the Operation arrowhead folder.
    5. Paste the Arma Free Addons folder into the Operation Arrowhead folder, merge with a possible existing Addons folder, if its in there.
    6. Download all the Dayz mod files. Put them ALL in a folder called @dayz, put this folder into the Operation arrowhead folder.
    7. Go to Steam, Operation Arrowhead launch properties, add this line: -mod=@dayz
    8. Launch Arrowhead, you MUST select Combined Operations, game launches.
    9. Confirm mod has loaded by checking the top right of Arma menu screen, should just say @dayz up there.
    10. Kill Zeds.

Point 8 may not be neccessary ive heard of it working for some people but me and the 4 lads i play with it worked if we just launched operation arrowhead and not with combined operations

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Gaunty wrote: »
    That video brought me into the weird and creepy part of youtube looking at the related videos.

:confused: not surprised the vid's are from Japan
    JapanWeird.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

cheers lads finally got it working and got into a game :) hopefully able to get a few games in with yous tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Guess thats what happens when you put "wtf" as a tag :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

VinLieger wrote: »
    That link doesnt work but heres the instructions for using the Arma free version through steam

Link works fine for me, maybe you need to be a member of that group to see it? Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Damn, been looking through all the footage from last night, and for some reason as soon as we actually started heading out towards the big air base, thats when fraps stopped recording... I have all the footage of us preparing to go and that was a lot funnier, but the other stuff was a lot more serious business.. ;)

As Andrew76 correctly said, you must join to view... if you do just make sure to add your name to our growing list of 20+ players :)

Also thanks for the information, I've updated the guide with it for free users.

Damn, been looking through all the footage from last night, and for some reason as soon as we actually started heading out towards the big air base, thats when fraps stopped recording... I have all the footage of us preparing to go and that was a lot funnier, but the other stuff was a lot more serious business.. ;)
    Fraps stopped recording for me when my extra hard drive ran out of space. 6 minutes of video was around 3.6GB in size. It was crazy. I've been editing and moving footage as soon as its recorded to make room for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Fraps stopped recording for me when my extra hard drive ran out of space. 6 minutes of video was around 3.6GB in size. It was crazy. I've been editing and moving footage as soon as its recorded to make room for more.

I still have 300GB left so it shouldn't have stopped recording.
    Rendering out the edited footage of everything else now, its likely still a few hundred mb's in size so not sure if I'll upload it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Just one of the many to come videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd4F_xc6As

Listen at the very end, who was that that just goes "Oooh, nice rainbow"

everything dies a lot quicker with a headshot at point blank range.

I still have 300GB left so it shouldn't have stopped recording.
    Rendering out the edited footage of everything else now, its likely still a few hundred mb's in size so not sure if I'll upload it yet.
    Bit strange. I have the second part of yesterdays adventure uploading so I'll throw a link in the video to yer channel for more Day Z. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have my video uploading right now though it may not look great as it was just a quick x264 encode and there was a few fps drops in it. It was initially a 40GB file!

How do others encode theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Looks like the weather is going to be important !

Finding shelter during rain will be necessary soon !
    Rocket (in a GON-interview) Wrote:... I wanted the player to enter the world and say “Wow, everything is out to get me!” and to feel that tension the whole way through. But I also wanted them to feel a tension from the environment, from the weather, from the land.

So that’s why I’m starting to bring in the temperature indicator. It’s not fully enabled yet but by the weekend it will be, and if it’s wet, you’ll start to get colder. It won’t have a massive effect on your character, but you can get an infection which will cause you problems later on. So it’s again, just another subtle thing you have to be aware of. Not as imminent as, say, running into a zombie, but it’s just one of those ‘back-of-your-mind’ things you need to be aware of.

Part 2 of the adventure that fell into disaster fairly quickly. Its a long one, but I couldn't bring myself to cut it more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Part 2 of the adventure that fell into disaster fairly quickly.

Wireless/bluetooth keyboard? Terrible way to go.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Wireless/bluetooth keyboard? Terrible way to go.
    Batteries started running out mid-run. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Keep uploading Mitch, great vids!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Finally downloaded all three games but i cant seem to install it properly..When i get to step 8 and try to launch my CMD flashes on the screen. I tried to capture it with printscreen here's the best i can do!

Any help would be great lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Brilliant Mitch, that whole going dark thing would be horrendous !
    Very realistic, i have the MOD so may meet up with you guys.
    May get back to MAG again soon too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Here's the video of my adventure last night:

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Finally downloaded all three games but i cant seem to install it properly..When i get to step 8 and try to launch my CMD flashes on the screen. I tried to capture it with printscreen here's the best i can do!

Have a look in here to make sure set up is correct

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=320

Probably a good idea to use a launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Laika1986 wrote: »

Try install the mod using this installer. :)

http://www.worrom.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Try install the mod using this installer. :)

http://www.worrom.com/

I downloaded this but when i launched the .exe file i get nothing!Dying to play I should mention i'v never played these types of games before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Here's the video of my adventure last night:

Nice, I really like some of the mutual gain linkups with randoms. Can bit a bit tense too, even if they take a few zombies out with ya could just as easily rob ya after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement