Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking in the Evenings and on Saturdays

• 18-09-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm due to start a course next week on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
    There will also be the odd Saturday.

Getting the train means I'll have to leave work early and have lots of hours to make up so I'm looking at driving in.

Can anyone tell me what parking is like in the evenings and on Saturdays?
    I don't know the area at all so have no clue what to expect and I'm a little nervous.

I understand there is an underground carpark at the College but have been told it can be hard to get a space - is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hi BetsyEllen,

It can be a bit daunting finding parking in the IFSC during the rush hour!
    The underground car park is usually full well before 6pm on weekdays. I often try get there around 5pm. Not sure what time it hits capacity.
    Weekends it's usually fine but I'd come in early around 8:30 as class might be at 9. If class is at 10, just head to library and do some work.
    There's a nearby parkrite carpark where you can book an all-day student rate for €10 on weekends if stuck. Just pop to the kiosk to collect it.

There's some off-street parking nearby til 7pm.
    Get the parking app on your phone for this.
    You may need to factory in weather and security...

There can be crazy queues for the underground parking if left late and it's a one way system around Manor street.
    Get familiar with the area and carpark and you'll be fine.

Very best of luck with your course!

Advertisement