Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Baseball

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I have the depth though. After the trade Im still gonna have Granderson, Utley, Josh Hamilton, Stephen Drew and some other solid players like Neil Walker. Also Drew can drop into the vacancy left by Asdrubal.

I know its a risky trade, but I had to try something to make the push for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I have the depth though. After the trade Im still gonna have Granderson, Utley, Josh Hamilton, Stephen Drew and some other solid players like Neil Walker. Also Drew can drop into the vacancy left by Asdrubal.

I know its a risky trade, but I had to try something to make the push for the playoffs.
    Yes this was thinking on your offer. Pujols and Cruz were my top 2 picks in the draft so they weren't going to come cheap. That said both will hit 40 homers plus they can steal a base or 2 aswell. Bautista will hit 40-odd homers and might get some SBs, Cabrera might hit 40 but he dont run. Asdrubal is having a breakout season, it remains to be seen if he can keep it up...

Its a blockbuster deal alrite, funny we are doing it the week we are playing each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone else finding the catcher position tough to find talent in?

Try drafting Buster Posey. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Pujols left the game tonight with a sprained wrist :eek:

Pujols left the game tonight with a sprained wrist :eek:
    Just seen the hit, he don't sit or leave a game unless he is really hurt. Berkman jammed his wrist earlier in the season, missed a game or 2 then got a shot and played most games since so it might not be too bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Coeus wrote: »
    Just seen the hit, he don't sit or leave a game unless he is really hurt. Berkman jammed his wrist earlier in the season, missed a game or 2 then got a shot and played most games since so it might not be too bad...

Coeus, you sly old fox!
    You knew he'd get injured this week!
    No wonder you happily traded him away.

Just my feckin luck ! Gone 4-6 weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭boccy23

Now that's just bad luck.

Coeus, you sly old fox!
    You knew he'd get injured this week!
    No wonder you happily traded him away.
    Yea, I have a crystal ball here :)

Impact injuries like that can happen anytime (look at Buster Posey), you just dont want it to be one of your players. For this injury I blame the Cardinals 2B for an awful throw which caused Pujols to move off the bag and into the path of the oncoming runner. Very unlucky for Pujols...

I actually didnt want to trade him as he was having a great month but I couldn't pass up the upgrades at 3B and SS when offered to me.

I thin k I just drunkenly accepted a trade I wanted to reject. i even wrote a comment to explain why I wanted to reject it. It was with Artful Dodgers. Is there anything I can do??? I really didn't want to trade as I think it wasn't a fair trade. I asked for a better offer and I mentioned the stats I wanted insteda.

What can I do? I voted against it but it is still pending I think. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

If you don't want to complete the trade I think the Commissioner has to cancel it. Ty Wiggington has been excellent after a slow start and has been on fire for the last couple of weeks. Michael Bourn simply offers Stolen Bases which I'm struggling on. It's a fair trade in my opinion but if you want to undo it then that's no problem

If you don't want to complete the trade I think the Commissioner has to cancel it. Ty Wiggington has been excellent after a slow start and has been on fire for the last couple of weeks. Michael Bourn simply offers Stolen Bases which I'm struggling on. It's a fair trade in my opinion but if you want to undo it then that's no problem

Yeah the reason I said unfair is that we only have 10 stat categories and he is the leader in one of them (SB) in the majors, which is why I drafted him. I had a look at Ty about a week ago or so when he was a FA and decided against it. He's not near leading any of the stat categories, he's just solid and versatile. I'm not accusing you of making an unfair trade btw, that was my overreaction after my stupidity in clicking the wrong button. However I just think it is not a straight swap for somebody who leads one of the 10 stats.

I do want to undo it if possible and I apologise for the mix up on my part. I hope nobody else in the league has a problem with this but if so please feel free to message me your opinion.

Also did anyone else notice the figures Madison Bumgarner put up this week?

ERA 216.00
    WHIP 27.00

He struck out 1 and then gave up 9 hits and 8 runs before being pulled in the first inning with 1 out. Unbelievable. First pitcher since 1900 to allow 9 hits before getting a second out. Giants fans left before even seeing their team bat!

Anyway he's pitching again for me tonight. He can't do worse than a 216 ERA right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

anyone have any clue if golden nuggets is still playing. This week i'm facing him and with a couple of homeruns tonight I can win 9-1 and if he didnt have 3 open spots in his lineup all week he would have battered me in most of the offensive categories and i'd be facing a loss.

I'm not complaining i'd love the 9-1 win but just wonderin if anyone knows

Iang87 wrote: »
    anyone have any clue if golden nuggets is still playing. This week i'm facing him and with a couple of homeruns tonight I can win 9-1 and if he didnt have 3 open spots in his lineup all week he would have battered me in most of the offensive categories and i'd be facing a loss.

I'm not complaining i'd love the 9-1 win but just wonderin if anyone knows

Yeah I'm without an internet connection for the last week and a half so haven't been able to adjust roster. I know about pujols but who else hurt me ? I know some of my guys had a good week but I honestly haven't seen my lineup since the mega trade !

Congrats on the win ! I'll get you next time :L

Offensively you left 9R 5HR 14RBI 3SB

Pitching you left 10IP 12k 0.00ERA and roughly 1.00 WHIP

Just to truly sicken you if you had these stats in this week you would be winning 7-2 or 8-2. Instead I have Hanley and stanton going right now and a HR from each and I win 9-1

I am checking if I can cancel the trade. There is no cancel trade option in the commisioners rules. It may be that we will need people to help and veto the trade, thereby cancelling it. I have placed a veto myself to help this along.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I am checking if I can cancel the trade. There is no cancel trade option in the commisioners rules. It may be that we will need people to help and veto the trade, thereby cancelling it. I have placed a veto myself to help this along.

Trade has been vetoed by the league. Thanks so much for the help and sorry for the confusion. I'll be more careful in future! :p

Good to see an agreed resolution.
    Good work guys.

Good to see an agreed resolution.
    Good work guys.

I don't agree with that, don't tell me what to think :p

Mark my words this week I lose 8-2 or 9-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I've no problem with the trade being cancelled. All in good faith from my perspective.

If anyone has any stolen bases they're willing to offer up for some other stats then I'm obviously open to offers!

By the way is Buster Poseys real name still playing? He didn't seem to react at all when I played him a couple of weeks ago and I made him a trade offer which he hasn't responded to for a few days..... (Not having much luck with the trades at the min)

Iang87 wrote: »
    I don't agree with that, don't tell me what to think :p

I was thinking about it from the people involved in the trades agreement....were you one of them?

8-10 wrote: »
    Trade has been vetoed by the league. Thanks so much for the help and sorry for the confusion. I'll be more careful in future! :p
    Yea, I vetoed the trade aswell...

Bourn is a steals machine and scores plenty of runs as a result. Wigginton is a streaky player good some weeks, some slow weeks. I have owned him twice this season and have dumped after a slow weeks, wish I hadn't as he had his best week of the season last week and almost cost me a matchup win. His upside is eligible in lots of positions plus is plays in Colorado...

Personally I prefer Bourn as consistently gets SBs which can be hard to come by. He scores more runs and has a better BA.

I was thinking about it from the people involved in the trades agreement....were you one of them?

No I was only taking the piss. Also bit o red if your in trading mood then I'm your guy.I've got jamile weeks who's quite fond of a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

If anyone has any stolen bases they're willing to offer up for some other stats then I'm obviously open to offers!

I have Coco Crisp struggling to get into my team so I'm definitely listening to any offers I get ;)

Steals available here I reckon too...

Hi All

For reference I have checked with Yahoo and even as Commissioner of the league, i cannot stop a trade that has been accepted. Their Terms&Conditions are that one you click accept, in good faith or in error, then the trade is complete, subject to a Veto by league. I do not have such a power.

Hi Folks

I received the following message here that Steven is leaving the league. Smackbunnybaby may have a replacement lined up. Is it ok to simply replace or do we want to go out to the wider Boards.ie community in general?

You have just been sent the following note from BusterPoseysRealName (Steven ORourke) in the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball league named Boards.ie (125307)...
    Hi Brian,

I'm really sorry about this but in the past six weeks I've taken on two new jobs meaning 14 hour days and very little down time at all.

Therefore, I'm going to have to pull out of the league as I'm just proving to be a walkover for everyone.

Cormac (Albuquerque Isotopes) has said he has another boards member lined up to replace me if that's okay with you, but if you want to open it up to everyone on boards etc, I'll pass on my team details.

Sorry again.

Steve

--Fantasy Baseball Commissioner

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I received the following message here that Steven is leaving the league. Smackbunnybaby may have a replacement lined up. Is it ok to simply replace or do we want to go out to the wider Boards.ie community in general?
    Im okay with replacing, didnt realise the team had so many injuries. Not sure the new manger will be happy with the pending trade on the team, I rate Prado highly and he will be back soon...

• Advertisement

I know someone that can step in, but it's up to the general consensus of the members.

Also with regard to Trade, if people feel it is an unfair trade then I have no problem anyone vetoing it, but Patterson is an all rounder, check his stats, often bats #2 in front of Bautista and is ranked higher than Prado this season!
    David Freese is also hitting well since he came back from injury and a solid 3rd base replacement.

EDIT: But Coeus you are right, the new manager might not like the trade so should be vetoed under these circumstances.

Advertisement