Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canadian Seal Hunt

• 17-01-2006 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi every year the animal rights group ARAN holds a demonstration outside the Canadian Embassy to protest the organised seal hunts that are held there. You might have seen their recent protest in the paper with the girl in her underwear in Galway against circuses. I am looking for people who might be interested to help me spread the word around UCD. If anyone would be interested please PM me, its for a good cause.;)

1dscn0029seals.jpg

baby-harp-seal.gif

image_2973.jpg

Thanks
    Taibhse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

taibhse wrote:
    Hi every year the animal rights group ARAN holds a demonstration outside the Canadian Embassy to protest the organised seal hunts that are held there.

That is barbaric. We should also boycott the airlines that transport the seals over here for them to hunt in the embassy. THe poor animals wouldn't have a chance given that an office would be unfamilar territory to them plus they will be jetlagged.

Shame on them.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Are seals an endangered species?

Are seals an endangered species?

No, but they are awfully cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

So, does seal meat taste good?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep, pretty damn good. Club a seal today!
    lmao at the pics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Yep, pretty damn good. Club a seal today!
    lmao at the pics
    after reading your signature it leads me to believe that you have a split personality perhaps?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

taibhse wrote:
    after reading your signature it leads me to believe that you have a split personality perhaps?:confused:
    Could just be very open minded...

As to the op, I can see why you'd want to protest the killing of something cuddly & furry but why seals in particular? Why not cows? Or lambs? They’re much cuddlier looking than seals. Probably tastier too though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

taibhse wrote:
    Don't take my reply seriously, it's rather funny that you posted that in vegetarian/vegan and not here first.

Oh I assume she is against the clubbing of them too john. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement