Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animal Technology Canada

Options
  • 02-10-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm currently doing an Animal Care course in Killester college, with the hope to go on to do Veterinary Nursing. I know competition for mature students is fierce, and I am considering doing Animal Technology(vet nursing equivalent) over in Canada. The entry requirements state Chemistry as a compulsory entry requirement. This is the only thing from the list I don't have.

Are there any courses for Chemistry only, or is it possible to sit chemistry for the leaving cert?

Also has anyone studied over in Canada, and if so how was your experience?

Thanks
    Amber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

amber23 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm currently doing an Animal Care course in Killester college, with the hope to go on to do Veterinary Nursing. I know competition for mature students is fierce, and I am considering doing Animal Technology(vet nursing equivalent) over in Canada. The entry requirements state Chemistry as a compulsory entry requirement. This is the only thing from the list I don't have.

Are there any courses for Chemistry only, or is it possible to sit chemistry for the leaving cert?

Also has anyone studied over in Canada, and if so how was your experience?

Thanks
    Amber

Not sure if this reply is too late or not, but from my own research into studying in Canada a lot of places seem to allow you to study individual programs to aid entry to a degree, and from my experience there isn't a massive difference between leaving cert chemisty and low level university.

An introductory course from something like the open university might also help. I'm no autoority on any of this, but these are ideas I've come up with on my own similar search. Best of luck!

Advertisement