Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any good beaches for KiteSurfing in County Wicklow?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Any good beaches for KiteSurfing in County Wicklow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Brittas bay looks like a good spot but then again I'm from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lunapark

rosslare strand-good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

I think Brittas is probably your best bet as there's cliffs beside Silver Strand to take the power out of any wind.
    Alternatively try the Murrough (correct spelling?), that has flat lands for miles backing onto it so plenty of good W/SW wind. Also, you're less likely to annoy anyone walking/struggling on the shingle beach. Oh yes, and (not sure - it's been years since I lived there) you could drive part way down it.

Advertisement