Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rate the race - Round 6 Monaco

Options
  • 26-05-2019 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,025 ✭✭✭✭

How did you find it ?

Rate the race 38 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    2%
    AMKC 1 vote
    13%
    johnnysmackHarikagpdrcdPeatystipp_tipp_tipp 5 votes
    18%
    jv2000LawleszHa Long BayAnjobeRossi IRLliamo77Anesthetize 7 votes
    21%
    Dont be at yourselfZaphGhost TraincherryghostSpudman_20000weekaizerNaykidd8491prj5boyvg 8 votes
    18%
    skipper_GNinjaTruncsEl_Duderino 09Lionbackersteinbock123PopePalpatineSonny noggs 7 votes
    13%
    InquitusCharlie-Bravothe_pen_turnerInviereayux4rj6zql2ph 5 votes
    7%
    LIGHTNING8kvscdpglqnyr4flazio 3 votes
    5%
    Grim.Santan 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Not really exciting at all. Bit of an anticlimax.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Gave it a 6

Would of been a 2 or 3 if a car just sailed off into the sunset

• Registered Users Posts: 30,025 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think it was good the leader struggled, better than watching the Mercedes pull away at the front like they sometimes do
    As Monaco races go, not the best but enough to keep it interesting, gave it a 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Quite enjoyed it. Pretty tense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

4 out of 10. Mistakes from LeClerc (the coming together and the rush back to the pits) spiced things up a little and the threat of rain but in the end a damn squid (or damp squib if you prefer).

I have never really liked the Monaco GP, far too processional, Ricciardo winning last year while 160 bhp down says it all.

Listening to Hamilton complain was tiresome, listening to the Sky commentary team even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Better than most years with max all over Hamilton for second half of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Racing threatened to break out.

I love Monaco, but it's really not suitable for modern F1. Max, one of F1's most aggressive racers, couldn't get close to passing Hamilton who was fighting tire deg virtually the whole race. Norris backs up half the field, ruining any chance of a race amongst those behind him. Leclerc, out of position in a Ferrari, ends up clipping the barrier and ending his race trying to overtake. It really is just a procession.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Shame the promised rain never turned up, I gave it a 3 as overtaking is impossible pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed it but then I only seen the highlights. I agree C4 commentary is far superior to the Sky commentary team who are so dull they could put you to sleep.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

AMKC wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but then I only seen the highlights. I agree C4 commentary is far superior to the Sky commentary team who are so dull they could put you to sleep.

Even Gunther Steiner was saying ‘Crofty’ on Sky coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

4 out of 10. Mistakes from LeClerc (the coming together and the rush back to the pits) spiced things up a little and the threat of rain but in the end a damn squid (or damp squib if you prefer).

I have never really liked the Monaco GP, far too processional, Ricciardo winning last year while 160 bhp down says it all.

LeClerc was interesting. Max attacking Lewis was interesting but the rest was a typical Monaco snore fest.

The circuit is totally unfit for purpose. F1 is hostage to tradition and now their most famous race and the race a prospective new fan is most likely to see, is the worst on the calendar.

The only good thing about Monaco is the camera angles and how close they get to the cars. They try to sell the glitz and glamour of the yachts and parties as if it's interesting to a fan sitting in their living room.

4/10. The highlights being max and LeClerc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Very average. LeClerc added something interesting but that's all empty when it's a handy win for Hamilton. Fair play to Max he's not afraid to take a risk which was great.

Sky coverage is very irritating, this matey chat is fooling nobody. The link the Guenther Steiner did the opposite of what it was supposed to. The guy should have been working hard, not talking on the TV. It spoils the illusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Sky coverage is very irritating, this matey chat is fooling nobody. The link the Guenther Steiner did the opposite of what it was supposed to. The guy should have been working hard, not talking on the TV. It spoils the illusion.

It probably wasn't a handy win for Hamilton to keep it together on old tyres. But the fact that max couldn't overtake even when Hamilton's tyres were dead shows that the circuit is doomed.

I agree about Guenther Steiner but he was the star of the the nexflix show "drive to survive". People who know nothing about f1 watched that show and loved him. So I can see why they tried to capitalise on him during the showcase weekend. Its such a shame that the showcase is also the worst race.

I usually go around to one of the lads houses to watch the races. This week I went to watch a live rugby game instead and just caught the race highlights.

Advertisement