Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

whelan2 wrote: »
    Some great football in this world cup

Two great games today, im hoping spme of the knockout games go to penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Contractor gave me the use of MF398 today to draw in bales. He'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands when he wants it back :D
    My dads hilarious-he bought up the bobcat for the square bales. It was actually the handiest thing ever-I can only lift two to three ranks but this was great as could pop bales on the bucket and she lifted them for me. Saved my back. The amount of uses he has put that bobcat to is insane. He's like a little kid when he finds a new use thou which makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

tanko wrote: »
    Two great games today, im hoping spme of the knockout games go to penalties.

In France for the France game today. We were more excited about the game than a good few French here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Well done to the Lilywhites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Contractor gave me the use of MF398 today to draw in bales. He'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands when he wants it back :D

Ah jasus,that other lad has just been weaned off his 398 and now you start.Get back to your Zetor.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Bullocks wrote: »
    I was at seafest in the docks in Galway there for awhile. I thought it was a great event and mostly free. Fair play to Reggies buddies in the army. They had stuff on show and were very kid friendly letting them into the gear and chatting

Reggie was in Dublin for the army’s other parade duties today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The Rabbi wrote: »
    Ah jasus,that other lad has just been weaned off his 398 and now you start.Get back to your Zetor.:rolleyes:

But....but this tractor has BRAKES! And a back window! And the lift isn't broken so it doesn't keep dropping and lifting! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

Is it safe to pour concrete in this heat? Will it cure away alright?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

454639.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

I says wrote: »
    Reggie was in Dublin for the army’s other parade duties today

I heard he was the chief leading the parade withheld ass cut out of his trousers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What a day to be a kildare man

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What a day to be a kildare man

I always taught when the game was in Newbridge that Kildare had a great chance. I said it during the week to a few lads that if Kildare stuck with Mayo and were withing 2-3 points with 10 minutes to go that they would win. Mayo had lost Parsons and Seamus O Se. I felt that Aidan O Se would be jacked with 15-20 minutes to go especially with the heat. I did not see the game and was unable to listen to it on radio. But I imagine that midfield was the key to there success

While Kildare had a poor Leinster championship and picked up no points in the League. The only lost to Monoghan, Tyrone and Donegal by 1-2 points. they had 4 away games in the League I think and Tyrone and Monoghan were two of them. When Kerrys' form started to dip in the League they had to go down to play them but lost by 5 points and they had to go to Salthill where they lost again by about 5 points to Galway.

The Super 8's if they make it may well bring them on . CON is not a bad coach just had a poor run of luck since he took them over. They will not fear any of the for provincal losers. While they might struggle in the S8's I do not think they will be steamrolled either, Kerry and Dublin are the only teams that they would fear there if they get there.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Well that’s that done. 26.2 miles yesterday in serious heat. Just managed to get under the four hour target. Body is feeling battered and bruised today.

Is this a patron saint or just a weird statue?
    Photo courtesy of my brother in Manila :D

Might be Saint Isidor the farmer I think.

Is this a patron saint or just a weird statue?
    Photo courtesy of my brother in Manila :D

Might be Saint Isidor the farmer I think.
    I wonder what the significant of the cut on his leg is.

Base price wrote: »
    I wonder what the significant of the cut on his leg is.

Thats confusing me too!

Thats confusing me too!
    I think he is St. Roque/St. Rocco - patron saint of dogs - according to wikipedia.

Base price wrote: »
    I think he is St. Roque/St. Rocco - patron saint of dogs - according to wikipedia.

That's it!!!! Thank you! Would have been annoying me til i found out for sure:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Thats confusing me too!

The dog has a chunk of his leg in it's mouth. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's a mosquito bite

• Advertisement

Fella in the lake beside me is after breaking his leg off a jetski. Ambulance on the way. Might stop some of the tosspots at least. There's a swan with six cygnets on that lake and i dread to think of them being hit. If he'd have asked anyone we would have told him it's a very shallow lake and not suitable for it at all but noooooooo, they know best. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Cork fans behind the goal in Thurles are some knob jockeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I went to have a snooze there and when I pulled back the blankets there was a small lizard on the pillow! The youngest lad is always playing tricks with his plastic lizards so I picked him up but he wriggled like mad, I thought this is the most lifelike one yet. Dropped it on the floor and he scurried under the bed, it was a real one.
    Can't find him now , I suppose that's what we get for leaving the doors open all day for the last couple of weeks

I went to have a snooze there and when I pulled back the blankets there was a small lizard on the pillow! The youngest lad is always playing tricks with his plastic lizards so I picked him up but he wriggled like mad, I thought this is the most lifelike one yet. Dropped it on the floor and he scurried under the bed, it was a real one.
    Can't find him now , I suppose that's what we get for leaving the doors open all day for the last couple of weeks

You should have licked him, got the cure of the burn!!
    Helicopter arrived here to take the chappie away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You should have licked him, got the cure of the burn!!
    Helicopter arrived here to take the chappie away.

Our lads was it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The common lizard
    Earc luachra in Irish or as one woman I know refers to them as a Oscar rooker.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Our lads was it

Was indeed, came from Athlone. Dog took her one and only chance to chase a helicopter :pac:

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Was indeed, came from Athlone. Dog took her one and only chance to chase a helicopter :pac:

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg
    Delighted with herself

Reggie. wrote: »
    Delighted with herself

Best day ever for Pip!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg

Air corps helicopter for a broken leg off a jet ski in shallow water. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement