Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Batten down the hatches timmaay. It's going to be a rough one.
    They're giving very wet and windy/stormy conditions tomorrow and into Tuesday morning for Wexford, Wicklow, Dublin and maybe Meath.

From Met Eireann. Looks intense enough on other charts.

It says on this from M.E from 12 tomorrow but on countryfile it's giving the rain from around 10 or 11 a.m and wind then as well.

Ye wouldn't be used to wind and rain over there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Fairly brisk out there! Pegged the two cows and calves out though, will toughen them up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

2.5c is highest temp I saw out about Cavan today.
    Once your moving its really pleasant, hanging about though and it would eat through ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

4°C but dry. Strong breeze out that would skin you alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

davidk1394 wrote: »
    4°C but dry. Strong breeze out that would skin you alive
    We call that a lazy wind, it wouldn't go around you, it would go straight through you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    Well dirty morning here. Cows in at the minute, hopefully get them back out for afew hrs the afternoon.

OK scrap that idea, no point letting them plough up the corner of a gap with their arses to the wind. 2016 it has been a year for grazing but time to actually house something now ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

North wind would cut ya in half.baltic out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Posted by Oscar Bravo on the weather forum.:eek:
    Passengers to remain on ferry overnight

A ferry from Rosslare to Fishguard failed to dock at the Welsh port due to poor weather conditions.

The Stena Line service left Rosslare at 9am and was due to arrive in Fishguard at 12.30pm.

It failed to reach the port and another attempt to dock at 3.30pm was also unsuccessful.

Stena Line said the ferry was about six kilometres off-shore and would remain there overnight with 87 passengers and 59 crew on board.

It said the safety of those on the vessel was "of paramount importance".

The company added that another attempt at docking would be made at around midday tomorrow.

STENA EUROPE
    screenshot_1.png

It's dry with a strong wind here in wexford. The temp is 4c.
    There's still a bit of snow on top of the Blackstairs.

2016_11_22_09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Good frost last night and foggy this morning. Minus 2 at the min but the sun is trying to break through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Perfect autumn day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

looking in the journal, no rain forecast for the north east for the next week, happy days

whelan2 wrote: »
    looking in the journal, no rain forecast for the north east for the next week, happy days

You'll have rain next Wednesday.

Eldest sent me a pic yesterday from a field somewhere in Western Australia - temp is 32*C.
    He's doing his 3 month rural stint and loving it except for been eaten alive by "****in flies". He is sampling hay for race horses.
    I sent him this pic from earlier this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Base price wrote: »
    Eldest sent me a pic yesterday from a field somewhere in Western Australia - temp is 32*C.
    He's doing his 3 month rural stint and loving it except for been eaten alive by "****in flies". He is sampling hay for race horses.
    I sent him this pic from earlier this morning

I think he's getting the better end of the stick there.
    Cracking frost here this morning. Pipes an all frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I think he's getting the better end of the stick there.
    Cracking frost here this morning. Pipes an all frozen.
    No frost up here, all water flowing. Just heavy freezing fog around all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

A bit chilly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Zero degrees in Liverpool at the minute. High of 2 degrees today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭WexfordFarmer

6°c here now near the sea going by acu weather app ment to be fairly normal for next few days with just the sight of clouds and temperatures around 7°c ere in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

It got milder as the day went on . it was a nice day as it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

A little milder today,but very misty.Cloudy so far tonight,so no frost,yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

Last 48 hrs,0 to 3 degrees and fog so thick you wouldn't know I was ugly if I was holding your hand.Its like its raining under the trees.

Moving fences at the minute and the miges are eating me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭High bike

Another grand dry day here, best October, November I can remember

Base price wrote: »
    Moving fences at the minute and the miges are eating me.

It was grand until about 11 o clock then they came down in their thousands a real pita

This has been the best autumn weather wise that I can remember.
    October this year has been the driest in 50 and 60 years in many weather stations and November looks to set records as well.
    They should do a piece on Ear To The Ground about it.:p

Long may it continue.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    This has been the best autumn weather wise that I can remember.
    October this year has been the driest in 50 and 60 years in many weather stations and November looks to set records as well.
    They should do a piece on Ear To The Ground about it.:p

Long may it continue.

What about the coniferous forest owner in Clare or the big fish population decrease in some lake. Surely they can't interfere with those two very important segments:rolleyes: roll on rare breed I say

Dry day here. Had a lot of very bad fog the last few days. Some of the friends headed out to Australia on Saturday got snaps of it 29°C and I cant see 60ft ahead me.

Dry day here. Had a lot of very bad fog the last few days. Some of the friends headed out to Australia on Saturday got snaps of it 29°C and I cant see 60ft ahead me. There's a 70 tonne digger there somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

God it's a very dark morning out there, mild and dry for the moment.

Advertisement