Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Find a Tax Advisor/ Tax Accountant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daawaa

Recently registered sole trader (IT and VAT) involved in software development. I aim to provide services in Ireland and also potentially getting remote work from UK.

I am looking for an accountant that can assist with tax and business advice, bookkeeping, etc.

Please DM me for further info on rates/quotation.

Or - if anyone here has used an accountancy firm or chartered accountant that they would recommend, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Me2U2

Looking for a consultation for IT return for small side business, no VAT, less than 20 transactions for previous 12 months. Experience with artists exemption very much an advantage. Should be very straightforward, very few receipts etc. everything on a spreadsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 10 danfoley

Hi there, looking for a reliable tax advisor to assist with my returns. Nothing complicated - normally PAYE only but would need some advice for this year's return as had some additional income. Any recommendations by DM would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi,

Looking for reliable tax advice for additional income coming from US for IT consultancy work. Currently in full-time PAYE employment

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Looking for an accountant to help complete a form 12 online. Some medical expenses and additional income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 milu2021

Looking for a tax advisor for personal tax advice covering Ireland and Canada. Pensions in both countries and other unrealised investment gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hey folks,

Looking for someone to help dealing with shares issued from US based employer pre-IPO. Haven't dealt with this before and finding the conversations confusing as peers are in NI rather than ROI.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭borderfox11

Hello, looking for an accountant to complete CGT returns, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 25 divot

Hi folks - looking for an accountant to assist with US Tax returns. US citizen, tax-resident in Ireland (20 odd years), PAYE all the way...

Appreciate any help in locating a good accountant in Ireland who can help with this - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ryans1993

Im currently setting up as a sole trader Electrical Contractor Looking for business and financial advice. I’m based in West Dublin So if anyone knows any good accountants that’s would be great thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Calvin011

I have a tax advisor which is located in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Looking for a tax accountant to talk to about non domicile income and repatriation of it. Location unimportant, let me know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Looking for someone for general tidy up of personal taxes, but including CGT and Inheritance. Munster area. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭satnavadays

Accountant and tax advisor available for account preparation and/or all tax associated services (personal or business). Based in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cdragin

My husband and I are retired and moved here to Ireland in 2022. We are from the US and looking for someone to help us filing taxes when the time comes. We are selling a house in the US soon and will be hopefully buying one in Ireland in 2022 or 2023.

In the short term, we could use some advice on address changes. We have lived in North Carolina most recently, so I understand we will be filing our 2022 taxes for NC since we lived there for some of 2022. But our "home base" in the US now is a family home in Florida. I'm not sure if we should be changing our address with the IRS to Florida or Ireland; I've read recommendations for both on various websites. We would like to be able to vote as well and don't know if a non-US address would complicate that.

We are in Youghal without a car but can take the 40 bus anywhere between Cork and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Taxes

Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax advisor offering tax compliance and advisory services. Expertise across all tax heads and in cross-border and international taxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cb_

I have a question that I think fits into this discussion. I'm not looking for a tax advisor, as I already have a recommendation. I'm also certainly NOT seeking financial advice!

What I would like to know however is given that I have a recommendation for a tax advisor, is there any basic due diligence I should do on them to make sure that they are above board? I've looked them up on Google, but not found much else apart from their website and a few blog/social media posts. Is there anything else I should check before engaging with them?

Am seeking advice regarding multiple inheritances, in ROI, where I am resident in another jurisdiction (NI), so a fair degree of complexity is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Retired and planning to rent rooms in my home. Would like to speak to someone about tidying up my affairs and tax advice where rent will be my only income. Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I am looking for a tax accountant that is experienced in dealing with CAT and CGT returns. It's a complex return, involving split ownership of a property, Dublin based. I already got a quote of 5k plus vat. Send me a PM. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dolandduck

I'm looking for someone who understands stock market investing/trading really well. I need help with understanding my tax position.

I’m an individual who invests in shares, but also perform short term trading in shares / options contracts etc.

By my understanding, "normal" investing falls under CGT rules, but once you're actively trading in stock market, it is viewed as a "trade" according to "badges of a trade" and thus Income Tax rules will apply - but this is all grey area, so would be good to confirm my position.

- So firstly I'd like to figure out which group do I fall into, am an "investor" or a "trader". This is most pressing at the moment as CGT deadline is 15th December in 2 weeks time and I need to know if I owe CGT shortly, or will I instead owe Income Tax later on next year.

- Secondly If I'm a "trader" I want to know how that impacts my other assets in terms of tax. Will my long term stock holdings still be CGT rules or will they all be Income Tax rules etc. Is there a notion of asset segregation for tax purposes when you're a “trader” in stock market, or does it all get lumped together as Income Tax?

- Lastly I would like to get clarity on the handling of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and the "deemed disposal" rules surrounding it and if being a "trader" has any impact on that.

If anyone can answer all of these queries, please PM me. Thank you.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Looking for an accountant to complete CGT returns for 2022 (Crypto, crypto derivatives, Stocks and Stock options), thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 not that afraid

Looking for someone who might have knowledge of Finnish and Irish tax systems. Living in Ireland but think would need to figure out capital gains tax as a result of shares in Finland I inherited that i want to sell

Even if anyone had an idea of the best firm to take a query like this would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Taxes

Free tax advice. Willing to give free tax advice, fully qualified. The only thing I would ask is if, in return, you make a donation to a well-known registered charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Graham Loosley

Hello, I'm a partner in a small UK firm of Accountants looking for a small/medium Dublin firm to assist us and some of our small UK clients.

Help needed with registering Irish Ltd companies, filing accounts, corporation tax, annual company returns, VAT, and payroll.

New companies to be tax residents in Ireland. Shareholders/directors will be UK residents. Board meetings will be held in Dublin (for ease of travel).

Selling services from Dublin to UK businesses. Contractors/employees - UK and other countries. Please message me if you can help or can recommend someone. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Hi folks, Im moved to Portugal in 2022 and doing my Portuguese taxes for the year 2022. My tax lawyer here is advising me that I should register for tax residency in Ireland in 2022. She assures me everything is fine and I dont need to worry, but I feel like this is going to make me liable to pay extra taxes in Ireland. I didnt earn any income in Ireland that year. What happens if I register as tax resident, will revenue send me a tax bill even though I have paid Portuguese taxes? Is this something I should talk to an Irish tax lawyer about or do you think revenue can answer me? I havent spoken to revenue yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I'm looking for a personal tax accountant/accounting technician/bookkeeper with knowledge of self employment and the artists' tax exemption. The Northwest preferably but not essential. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

I'm looking for advice on inheritance/CAT, particularly to do with aggregation rules. Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tcs

Looking for tax advisor to advise on CGT for shares purchased through employee stock purchase programme in late 1990s and disposed of unknown to me in Nov 2021 as a result of the acquisition of the company by another. Statements were going to parents' address and I only became aware of the sale and obtained the proceeds from the sale in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I'm looking for a tax advisor /accountant with expertise in VAT to advise /ensure compliance on the sale of residential property where VAT was reclaimed at time of purchase.

PM me if you can help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

I set up an ltd last March, of which I'm the sole Director and Shareholder. I have VAT and Corporation tax registered, business account in PTSB, proper accounting platform (Bullet) on which I track invoices, wages, and all outgoings. I'm the sole PAYE employee, Class S PRSI.

Made tiny revenue in 2023.

However, I've secured a decent contract starting in January and I believe I may need advice on how to most efficiently pay myself. Also what I can and cannot buy for the business from gross revenue, and what I can expense in terms of running costs and receipts.

Location not important, so long as you're licensed to practice in ROI. I may only need an hour or two of advice, I will have a list of questions and examples set out. Hoping to get yay, nay answers on each.

Starting with: is there a more tax-efficient method to pay myself than simply putting most of the invoiced amount through PAYE?

Post edited by case_sensitive on

Advertisement