Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Hop up' is funny.

Options
  • 08-12-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Well I finally got to try my Glock 18c, and all I can say is wow. Well actually, I can say alot more...

First thing I did was setup some cans out the back garden on a step-ladder. I then took aim and fired. Unknown to me at the time, the hop up was setup quite high. The result is that the bb did it's 'anti-gravity' thing in the extreme. It went upwards at quite a steep angle, missed the cans by 5 feet, went over the neighbours wall and hit their back window about 40 feet away. I just start whistling, & this halo appeared over my head as I crept quietly back inside my house.

Once the hop up was adjusted, I tried again and was impressed with the accuracy. Grouping was not fantastic, but better than I expected for a pistol. It has a very satisfying sound to it as well. That tin of beans looks like the surface of a gold ball now.

I then took some shots in the hallways of my house, firing at some styrofoam & cardboard packaging. The bb's pierced the styrofoam and both sides of the packaging in most shots. Hits to the packaging were very loud & as it turned out, a bit too realistic. When talking to a neighbour later she said she thought she had heard gunfire, but thought it was just the TV... :D

Only problem I had is with the hicap clip. There was several misfeeds, especially when the clip was full. There was also one occasion where the bb fired, but went no more than 10 feet. That would be funny in the middle of a skirmish.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the G18c. The full auto is so much fun with the hi-cap. The batteries last about 300 shots and recharge is about 60-90 mins each. Can't wait to try my AK-Beta Spetz. It just left customs, so hopefully I get it in the saturday delivery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

seen a GBB 18c when i was up at pred and it just looked so good with the slide kicking back and it sounded great.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ah glocks are great. I'm still trying to decide between one of them, a Beretta or some form of revolver.

Ah fck it, I'll get one of each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

revolvers are muck, beretta just suck unless ya get a pimped one. glocks are for the subtle killer. There for that dark killer look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

o1s1n wrote:
    ah glocks are great. I'm still trying to decide between one of them, a Beretta or some form of revolver.

Ah fck it, I'll get one of each.
    And how will you eat when you're finished spending all your money on weaponry? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

revolvers are muck, beretta just suck unless ya get a pimped one. glocks are for the subtle killer. There for that dark killer look.
    Pimped you say :) ive just spent forever sanding down my beretta and reassembling it [god theirs are so many tiny springs :rolleyes: ] Im very happy with the look of it now[was far from perfecly done ill admit] and will get pics up as soon as i can ,only thing is fullauto aint working anymore so ill have to fix that again
    O yea i hate glocks :p

• Advertisement

And how will you eat when you're finished spending all your money on weaponry?
    Hunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hunt?
    <1J :(

Might kill some worms :)

The price ya got2 pay for a nice collection. Im sure he doesn't mind ;)

Master of the Universe

Revolvers are muck??????

You sir, are a Philistine.

Oisin ya should get one instead of getting a glock/beretta! sure everyone hear who doesnt have a glock has a beretta instead, a revolver would be a rarer sight and ya can get some big badass revolvers from what ive seen

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I know what you mean. A nice big bad ass Tanaka. Chrome finish glistening in the sunlight, blinding my enemies. I'd love one alright. Little on the pricy side though. Maybe I need to start looking at some Chinese sites. Give me a shout if you come across one ;)

its the only type the chinese havnt started making from what i can see :( , would ya be going for a stylish 6 shooter or ya going for a 24 shot cylinder thingy :rolleyes:
    its just wrong unless it can only hold six

Master of the Universe

I dont know, that level of realism scares me!

Some hold 12-14. I think some can hold 24. 24 sounds good to me :D

tought as much :rolleyes:
    A no your right ,jesus i know how long it takes to empty 10 shots from my shotgun , Not very long at all

Master of the Universe

Having to reload every six rounds wouldnt be the best idea at all. You get to a point where you have to weigh up between realism and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It went upwards at quite a steep angle, missed the cans by 5 feet, went over the neighbours wall and hit their back window about 40 feet away.
    The word you're looking for is "BACKSTOP"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sparks wrote:
    The word you're looking for is "BACKSTOP"...

Really? :confused:

http://www.wordwebonline.com/en/BACKSTOP

I wasn't playing baseball ya know!

;)

Master of the Universe

The result is that the bb did it's 'anti-gravity' thing in the extreme. It went upwards at quite a steep angle, missed the cans by 5 feet, went over the neighbours wall and hit their back window about 40 feet away. I just start whistling, & this halo appeared over my head as I crept quietly back inside my house.

Yes, The guns fault :rolleyes:
    *cough bad aim cough* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

o1s1n wrote:
    Yes, The guns fault :rolleyes:
    *cough bad aim cough* ;)

You're right. I'll aim at your groin area then. Should hit you in the chest then.

Master of the Universe

You're right. I'll aim at your groin area then. Should hit you in the chest then.

Well i tell you what, You do that and I'll try out a similar technique with my Mac. Of course, i get to go first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement