Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I says wrote: »
    No don’t use him, jones or Texaco.
    Miles per gallon all depends on the heavy foot driving the car.

Well I drive the same way and same distances most weeks to the same locations and I can tell ya that the diesel there gives the best mileage for me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The locals there are buying in the South!

You'd wonder how they stay open at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Reggie. wrote: »
    Well I drive the same way and same distances most weeks to the same locations and I can tell ya that the diesel there gives the best mileage for me anyways

Got diesel in our local place here in Cavan about 3 years ago.
    Car almost didn't make it home the three miles.
    Stopped itself at the house and wouldnt start again
    PD engined Passat.
    Stupidly didnt connect the filling with the stopping, so got 25 euro in the jeep the next day.
    After about 15 miles, it wouldn't rev over 1000rpm.
    Local garage got the passat going again, but the jeep needed a new injector pump.
    Went to the filling station to complain. They wouldn't listen tto my complaint at all.
    Dismissed me completely.
    Garage had drained the tank of the passat, and it was like brown varnish in colour and smell.
    Reported them to Customs and Excise, they mysteriously closed about two days later.
    Washed shyte from up along the Monaghan/Armagh border.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

It’s all from the same source, the same refinery, produced to one standard. Mickey joe can’t phone up and ask for a half
    Load of “good stuff” or some else ask for the “cheape stuff”. Not the way it works. Larger brands definitely aren’t going to be interfering with the fuel. They make no money on the fuel but make their money on what is spent in the shop. Imagine if one of the big retailers were messing with the fuel and were caught at it? They’d be closed overnight.

Only difference is the stuff in cowboy country near the border, that stuff I wouldn’t touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    It’s all from the same source, the same refinery, produced to one standard. Mickey joe can’t phone up and ask for a half
    Load of “good stuff” or some else ask for the “cheape stuff”. Not the way it works. Larger brands definitely aren’t going to be interfering with the fuel. They make no money on the fuel but make their money on what is spent in the shop. Imagine if one of the big retailers were messing with the fuel and were caught at it? They’d be closed overnight.

Only difference is the stuff in cowboy country near the border, that stuff I wouldn’t touch.

Circle K is a fairly big player in the world.
    With their own depots and tanks in Ireland only serving circle K.

https://www.southcoast.ie/case-studies/circlek/

Circle K and Irving oil are basically the one and own Whitegate refinery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Odelay wrote: »

The diesel particle filters in cars was causing a lot of grief too sensitive to any bit of impurity’s in the diesel all fuel is the same unless some ahem cat litter finds its way into it

Dundalk game going to penalties....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

Filled jeep with diesel today in Dundalk,on jeep computer says 28 odd mpg calculator says 26 odd.
    80 lts @ €63 LTD company so cannot afford to mess with it.
    Doing business a very long time with him good guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Dundalk game going to penalties....

Good win for them, nice few bob on the way for getting into the next round.

Watching a Brendan Grace DVD. He was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Listening to him on spotify, he was unreal and therell never be one like him again. My grandparents would hsve been fairly old fashioned and hated dirty jokes and bad language but Brendan was the only comedisn where we could all watch it together and hsve a laugh at him.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

a bunch of us were at one of his gigs back in the late '70s , let's say we wern't thirsty and were a tad on the noisy side

he said "will ye shut up over there and quit acting the fool, I'm doing that up here and getting paid for it, youz aren't "

bumped into him years later after he bought the pub in clare and told him about that night , he stayed chatting for ages about all the showbands & artists, etc that were doing cabaret in those years

truly talented and an utter gentleman. rip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

A lot of love in here for Mr. Grace. My parents were the same and were big fans and have all the DVDs, etc. So I seen them all too, and some are pretty good to be fair.

However, I must recount the one and only dealing I had with him as part of a committee who organised him to come to the local parish to entertain for a charity event. He was the main attraction. We sold all the tickets, out of which he was getting a sizeable chunk for his time. On the night, he turned up 1hr 45min late, was drunk, told a few jokes, walked off and his management then demanded the full payment. He was only there for max 45 mins, and was a disgrace.

Personally, didn't think much of him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A lot of love in here for Mr. Grace. My parents were the same and were big fans and have all the DVDs, etc. So I seen them all too, and some are pretty good to be fair.

However, I must recount the one and only dealing I had with him as part of a committee who organised him to come to the local parish to entertain for a charity event. He was the main attraction. We sold all the tickets, out of which he was getting a sizeable chunk for his time. On the night, he turned up 1hr 45min late, was drunk, told a few jokes, walked off and his management then demanded the full payment. He was only there for max 45 mins, and was a disgrace.

Personally, didn't think much of him after that.

Yea, I lost interest too when he cut his act to about half an hour, 30yrs ago you'd get the full show from him alone and he was brilliant.Latterly half an hour of him with the other hour and a half filled in with poor musicians didn't just cut it.
    He did a parish gig here too and wasn't great even though his son in law was from this parish

Theres 2 I think the one at the waterfront - mc Donalds is 115cpl. There's another in newfoundwell in Drogheda is now 114cpl

Down to 110 cpl now in applegreen and 112 in circle k on the north road!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Off to the people’s republic for the weekend to a stag. Haven’t been on a session session in almost 2 years let alone 2 night and 2 days on it

could end up on Rip.ie after this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ok, I'll warn the Guards you're coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Water John wrote: »
    Ok, I'll warn the Guards you're coming.

Dont forget the a&e

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Have family there, will tell them to watch out for him.

Water John wrote: »
    Have family there, will tell them to watch out for him.

The auld lad and sister have the undertaker priced they even cut a large H in the front lawn so the air ambulance can land there. Lucky I’m easi going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Off to the people’s republic for the weekend to a stag. Haven’t been on a session session in almost 2 years let alone 2 night and 2 days on it

I hope for your own sake you've the training in the few weeks!

Muckit wrote: »
    I hope for your own sake you've the training in the few weeks!

1 bottle of Heineken after I baled hay in May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Family flowers only... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I think Die Hard 2 is on e4 in a few minutes if ye want to get in the Christmas spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

1 bottle of Heineken after I baled hay in May

You are fooked lad!!!

Reggie will have to bring the landini down and bring him home on the loader

Reggie will have to bring the landini down and bring him home on the loader

I'd only drag him by the ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'd only drag him by the ankle

You'd want all the weights on the front. Serious load to drag.

You'd want all the weights on the front. Serious load to drag.

And a full tank of diesel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Just off the phone to friend in New Zealand, by any chance does anyone know anyone thinking of heading out drop me a PM hes looking for someone on the farm. Good farm and good conditions thanks

Better living everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement