Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Grand day really... Cool but sunny and not much in the way of breeze. Fine by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Cork must be getting away with it, haven't had the heating on for more than a month. Felt very pleasant today in the sun. Relatively calm as well so not much wind chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Again there is a big difference between east and west. The west has had the warmer temperatures lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Cork must be getting away with it, haven't had the heating on for more than a month. Felt very pleasant today in the sun. Relatively calm as well so not much wind chill.

I put mine on every night over west from you here in Tralee. Only for a little while, but as the nights are chilly I feel a shot of heat is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks very cool over the next 3 days according to Met Eireann, with temperatures struggling to make it into double figures. Fire lit already. Aside from the 5 warm days over Easter, we've had the fire on every night since end of October, normally we would stopped lighting fires by now, but this May has been very chilly so far.

We seem to have had a succession of cold springs, this one is really dragging out now ! Last year had gotten warmer by this time I think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

road_high wrote: »
    We seem to have had a succession of cold springs, this one is really dragging out now ! Last year had gotten warmer by this time I think?

No we haven't. Spring 2017 was record breakingly warm. March was cold last year but may was lovely

*Stats courtesy of Sryanburren

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

road_high wrote: »

Spring 2018 got warm by the third week of April besides a cool last week and first few days of May were on the relatively cool side too before a very warm May Day Bank Holiday weekend and then much of May was warm.

Spring 2017 was very warm. March was one of the warmest on record. April was relatively mild. May was the warmest since 2008.

Spring 2016 had a fairly cool March and April but a warm May.

Spring 2015 was relatively cool in each of the months - April had warm days and cold nights.

Spring 2014 was one of the warmest on record like 2017.

Spring 2013 was the coldest since 1962.

Spring 2012 was topsy turvy. A very warm March, a cold April and a cool to warm May depending on the location (first three weeks were very cool everywhere though).

Spring 2011 was record breaking warm before 2017. A mild March but cold nights. April was exceptionally warm - easily warmest on record for most. May was mild but not exceptionally so.

And last but not least, Spring 2010 had the coldest March since 2001 with plentiful severe frost. April had some warm days and relatively cool nights. May started off cool for the first two weeks but became very warm later.

Mixed decade for Springs overall. If you want any particular stats like mean temps for stations then don’t be afraid to ask.

All of these descriptions are coming off of memory by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Cloudy again in Dublin 5.

And again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wet morning in cork city today. Stopping now enough. Grass g the footpath is burnt in a lot of places, assuming from the cold weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Overcast here. A lot of the young growth on trees and vegetation took a hammering during the recent storm including Apple trees with blossom and the larger leaves of the horse chestnut trees.

Grass growth good but now slowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Nice sunny morning in Arklow so far 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Partly sunny this morning with some cb clouds about. Feeling milder than of recent 14c

pad199207 wrote: »
    Partly sunny this morning with some cb clouds about. Feeling milder than of recent 14c

Yeah I saw CB clouds inland of here this morning near Arklow
    Southerly breeze here off the sea 11c,you'd need your jacket, it's still circulating the existing cold air over a sea that ain't warm

Just Glorious in Arklow this past few hours gin blue sky
    Breezy from the SE

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

a few spots of rain here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

wet, cold and windy for the last two hours or so in Cork City. Rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

The turf machine has arrived! Here comes the summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Really nice evening in Dublin with sunny spells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Like a winters night here cold breezy overcast threatening rain. Not nice at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beauty clarity to the sky this evening, 9c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice end to the day here in Castlebar. High cloud,still some brightness. Calm conditions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today wasn't bad, apart from a light shower earlier in the day.

A few more cold days to come then a big rise in temperatures for next week, at long last.

Over the next few days, upper air temperatures of around -5C at 850hpa, this rises to between 10C and 12C, possibly 15C by next week. This could lead to real temperatures on the ground around 22C or possibly higher in good sunshine. Very little rain over the next while too.

show_diagrams.php?model=gfs&lid=ENS&var=201&bw=&geoid=64981

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

A night for the heating and pretty miserable looking out there. But in fairness those of us who had the full weekend off can really have no complaints as all three days were really nice and today was back to work weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice structure to the Depression passing well S of the country today.

C6mEeRE.jpg?1

https://twitter.com/mikarantane/status/1125763414259896320

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Chilly and a sneaky, grey cold breeze.. audible wind

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Hopefully can walk to the bus next week with less layers, brolly etc.
    Windy and cold in Meath. I resisted at a pair of gloves.
    It doesn't know if it's raining yet. Spitting maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

After looking at the weather after the news last night I thought I would wake up to a wet morning in Galway, we got no rain at all at any stage even though they showed rain over the whole Country for this morning.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    After looking at the weather after the news last night I thought I would wake up to a wet morning in Galway, we got no rain at all at any stage even though they showed rain over the whole Country for this morning.

Yeah looking at the radar,the rain is st an angled line from the south running Northeast west of which theres nothing nut covering most of Ulster on its northern flank
    That makes the 755am forecast on radio one peculiar stating dry in the NW

Only 5mm here in my part of the east coast, (Arklow) so far,its very little compared to expected even here so far
    Tullow co Carlow about 30kmh inland of here has had less than 2mm last I looked

Mother Nature trumps models agsin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wet, cold morning here at Dunshaughlin, heating on.

Advertisement