Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

sdanseo wrote: »
    Looks like Cork City is about to be hammered:

Irish Sea lighting up like a christmas tree again:

Hang on to your snowmen!

I hope I have put enough snow around mine to keep it standing! Back to lamppost watching it is!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a snizzle shower here now, first one since 5pm.

Radar is looking promising for South Meath to get hopefully a decent snow shower later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Bones of a foot of snow, third powercut in two days. Clonakilty, Cork. Snow here is very fluffy not easy to build a snowman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wicklow waits for the beast. All we've gotten so far is wind

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hi Mod, will there be a link to the former thread, some great pics and info there. Hope you don't mind me asking as that is all I am doing!

It will always be there.

At the end of this event we will merge or link all the threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus the footpaths in Bray and probably everywhere else are absolutely lethal, pure ice rinks where its been compacted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Waiting for the Beast to hit Naas again

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thargor wrote: »
    Jesus the footpaths in Bray and probably everywhere else are absolutely lethal, pure ice rinks where its been compacted.

It's like an ice rink around the boghall

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Bones of a foot of snow, third powercut in two days. Clonakilty, Cork. Snow here is very fluffy not easy to build a snowman

Good stuff! Normally south Cork gets nothing as it is too mild. Most unusual to have snow down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Orange warning reaching a far as Galway now! Is that for wind or snow associated with Emma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

DeafeningUnhappyGhostshrimp-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

The 4th graphic in the OP looks like bantry is goin to be -78 :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still all quite hear in Rush North County Dublin(apart from the howling wind). Haven’t had any snowfall in hours.

Everything seems to be hitting slightly south of us(although we did get a hammering here overnight).

• Another huge shower in Cork City. The wind picks up in the showers and it's real blizzard conditions. The city will be totally shut down in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

-2 in Sherkin but only rain. Poor langers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thargor wrote:

Walked to work today because the roads in the estate were like an ice rink. It was fine early on when the snow was fresh but on the way home through the town it was so dangerous. Probably safer in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

The small amount of snow we did have has blown away lol
    Fukin first world problem
    North wex

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I bought yak-trax last week and I would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i got a pair of those grips you can get for shoes, worth every penny, can basically ignore the ice effect

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wind really picked up here , snow has stopped though at present!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

As this thread and the Tech threads are the most popular threads,could i be cheeky and ask people to pop over to the Essential preparation thread and have a look at my last post.Asking advice for frozen gas bottle..Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Arklow
    the town with no BREAD, MILK OR SNOW 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Any snow in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Zambian wrote: »
    As this thread and the Tech threads are the most popular threads,could i be cheeky and ask people to pop over to the Essential preparation thread and have a look at my last post.Asking advice for frozen gas bottle..Thanks

Heating and plumbing might be the best for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Arklow
    the town with no BREAD, MILK OR SNOW ��������������

At least bread will be on special offer on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That wind out there now, Jesus. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Need to drive home from Kilkenny City to Cork City tomorrow morning. Debating whether to take the M9 or M8!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

At this point, looking at the latest runs, you'd have to really question the Eagle's forecast on TV3 on Monday. He said that this was all hype and that it would wash away by the weekend. He gave that forecast as pretty much written in stone. Didn't mention any possibility of the now likely outcomes. Very unprofessional. I wonder if there is a bit of a power struggle going on in Glasnevin and if the wimmins were getting too big for their boots? Evelyn, Johanna and Michelle have been very bullish about this outcome and they look like being proven correct.

Advertisement