Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Severe thunderstorm Thursday November 3rd

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Ridiculously heavy rain here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Royal Abundant Oarsman

Ridiculously heavy rain here atm.

Sure is, where ever the feck you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

LOC_20111103_0900.png

Think we are in the wrong place folks ... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yep we are in the wrong place,

From Ian Fergusson on Twitter

MetO diagnostics suggest circa 40% threat of potent cells after midnight into S/E/NE Som / Dorset; large hail possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Feckin' SE England again...they had decent fireworks last week too.

I'm pissed...where the hell are the T storms we used to get here years ago...I think we had maybe 3 storms here all year and they were nothing special either. Climate change is supposed to be making the atmosphere more turbulent and energetic... not less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Fun to be under that rapidly developing shower over Kildare, started as mere pink blob over Carlow, and look at it now. Torrential rain fell here in S.Kildare for at least 25 minutes, backed up garden drain which is becoming a regular occurance. Never expcted a whiff of thunder today, but Im good with downpours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wertz wrote: »
    Feckin' SE England again...they had decent fireworks last week too.

I'm pissed...where the hell are the T storms we used to get here years ago...I think we had maybe 3 storms here all year and they were nothing special either. Climate change is supposed to be making the atmosphere more turbulent and energetic... not less.

Weather ain't what it used to be, eh?

That lot that started up in Carlow sure it keeping its strength! , Dunno how its that heavy without any reported thunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Had and heavy shower here 11-12. Brightened up nicely since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Torrential rain shower in Galway while ago, flooding on roads, now very serious looking black cloud moving in from the South it is pitch black looking.

• Advertisement

Some leni's forming for anyone wanting to take photos around dublin :)... Have my camera on timelapse since 12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Sky has yellow color in Dublin... Sign of a storm coming?

beatrice33 wrote: »
    Sky has yellow color in Dublin... Sign of a storm coming?

Ehhhh nooooo.... That would be a SUNSET .... :) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That cell heading for London looks like a noisemaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Some leni's forming for anyone wanting to take photos around dublin :)... Have my camera on timelapse since 12 :D

Some nice formations almost like mammatus over Galway in the last hour, driving and no camera so no pics.
    At same time weather report on radio said remaining dry with sunny spells in the west, it has been raining heavy since then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Some serious downpours around London on the HI RES a while ago.
    Friend in North London says there was a river of rainwater flowing down the road.

1645.gif

EDIT;UKMO hail modelling midnight Fri into morning suggests stones 10-15mm dia possible.

Time-lapse that i did earlier... nothing special , most of it looked too dull and overcast to use until the sun came out.

Here it is anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Not gonna beatch - but we had nothing here today except blue skies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Time-lapse that i did earlier... nothing special , most of it looked too dull and overcast to use until the sun came out.

Here it is anyways...

May not be anything notable, but I'd happily watch time-lapsed clouds for hours anyway.

Advertisement