Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American response

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Are the models to be believed
    https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1246825831864963073

Bill gates also said today that he expects much less death than what the white house is predicting

Cumo also thinks it may have peaked in NY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Anywhere to see edited versions of Trump's pressers? Some of them seem to go on for over 2 hours, when 20 mins would be easier to digest

I'm finding them darkly hilarious and I'll take any humour I can right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Anywhere to see edited versions of Trump's pressers? Some of them seem to go on for over 2 hours, when 20 mins would be easier to digest

I'm finding them darkly hilarious and I'll take any humour I can right now

Trevor Noah often discusses that clown on his episodes, I find them really great and often funny. It's normally the Daily Show, now called The Daily Distancing Show ;). They're posted on Facebook too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Yeah the same posters that are bashing UK and USA responses aren't constantly posting about Sweden and the Netherlands strategies because even though they are doing sweet FA their "good" countries particularly Sweden.
    Same way not loads of posts castigating the Spanish leadership for encouraging people to go on Feminist marches but there is for Borris Johnson shaking hands, or in UK Borris gets sh-t for that Sadiq Khan gets a pass on the even more idiotic statement that using the Tube is literally NO risk.

Lots of countries and politicians really screwing this up but which countries who get complained about is to do with posters dislike of their politicians more than anything else

China sending crap Ppe is a complete disgrace but you won’t hear a peep about that - that would be racist

When this is over the biggest world change will be people will need to pick a side
    China or America
    I know what side I am on

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Trevor Noah often discusses that clown on his episodes, I find them really great and often funny. It's normally the Daily Show, now called The Daily Distancing Show ;). They're posted on Facebook too.

Trevor Noah is as funny as the Chinese flu
    Do you really find him funny or do you think you have to say this so you seem woke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

China sending crap Ppe is a complete disgrace but you won’t hear a peep about that - that would be racist

When this is over the biggest world change will be people will need to pick a side
    China or America
    I know what side I am on

no they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

China or America
    I know what side I am on

Yeah that wont happen, also are you aware of how much american debt china owns?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Funny how we've all heard about it. Always the case with the 'you won't hear a peep about that' statements :)

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It's just a thinly veiled "orange man bad" thread, like the UK one is for Boris.

It's hard for us outsiders to understand other country's poliics, but Twitter hatred makes it easy to tackle the intricate policies of Trump and Boris.

People need to stay away from Twitter. Trumps musings all meticulously documented here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Stateofyou wrote: »

Don’t watch Trevor Noah if you want unbiased coverage. His show is just the left wing version of fox and friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

China or America
    I know what side I am on

What? The PPE issue has been all over the news for days how could anyone not have heard about it. You’re not living in the real world mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

MadYaker wrote: »
    Don’t watch Trevor Noah if you want unbiased coverage. His show is just the left wing version of fox and friends

Reality is heavily biased against Trump and the Republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Reality Sanity is heavily biased against Trump and the Republican party.

corrected that for you

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Funny how we've all heard about it. Always the case with the 'you won't hear a peep about that' statements :)

i dont want to harp on about it, but is there a thread that called " china/jinping response to coronavirus" which is basically an anti chinese anti jinping anti ccp thread.
    if yes then it is funny
    if no then it is not funny

What? The PPE issue has been all over the news for days how could anyone not have heard about it. You’re not living in the real world mate.

see post 105 mate

but he is still not funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Trevor Noah is as funny as the Chinese flu
    Do you really find him funny or do you think you have to say this so you seem woke

Bout as funny as the name Lord Quackinton, both are definitely amusing.

Thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

i dont want to harp on about it, but is there a thread that called " china/jinping response to coronavirus" which is basically an anti chinese anti jinping anti ccp thread.
    if yes then it is funny

There is quite literally a massive thread about China and the damage caused.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058066685

if yes then it is funny

There is such a thread. So we agree. Your post was funny. Not a peep haha

• Subscribers Posts: 40,966 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sonics2k wrote: »
    There is quite literally a massive thread about China and the damage caused.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058066685

quackingtoon is just another example of "hey, look over there".....

Americas, and in particular Trumps, response to this crisis has been inept at best and criminal at worst. I just hope the american people are brave enough to face up to decisions been made on their behalf when this is all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

coastwatch wrote: »
    I think the criticism is a bit over done. I watched the press briefing yesterday, and when you make allowance for all the vanity, ego and past errors, I get the impression that he and the administration really do understand how difficult it is going to be to control the outbreak in the US and the impact it is going to have on the people and the economy. They are trying to communicate that the public, while at the same time, trying to be as positive and optimistic as possible to give hope.

The presidency has really gone from dream to nightmare for him and the administration.

The fact you have to make allowances for the vanity and ego at all, let alone at this stage says a lot and completely justifies the criticism.

imagine the ****fit he'd be having on twitter now if Obama was president and was giving press conferences going on about ratings.

It's a fairly simple test for his supporters. If a democrat was in power and behaving exactly like he was, would they be applauding them or absolutely laying in to them for the way they act?

**** sake, the way he tweets is the way a child would if they got hold of a phone. The ****ing president of america calls his opponents names when he refers to them . Bloody primary school names at that.

Hes a massive hypocrite and his tweet history spells this out for everyone to see. It's sad the way people , especially people on internet forums on the other side of the world , try to shove their tongues up his hole purely because he belongs to the party on the right (at the moment, he could up and join another party again if it suited him)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don’t understand the obsession people have with trump?
    It’s really weird and creepy

It's weird isnt it? On an Irish internet forum, that people can be so entrenched in their views to defend him at all costs. Very weird and creepy indeed.

n
    I find it creepy that this thread is using American deaths due to a virus to attack trump
    Again very sick and creepy

So dont blame the person in charge?Gotcha.
    Lay it at the door of a few doctors in a hospital?Ultimately its them running the country is it?
    Maybe we could pick a few scapegoats and fire them ? Maybe the captain of a navy ship or something?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    but Twitter hatred makes it easy to tackle the intricate policies of Trump and Boris.

What twitter does is make it easy to see what their views are. Very easy to judge Trump on his own twitter . No need to venture beyond the mans own tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

In that they are completely different shows doing completely different things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

see post 105 mate

Deflect deflect....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭threeball

I didn't pay much attention to this crew at the pressers but I'll watch out for them tonight

sydthebeat wrote: »
    quackingtoon is just another example of "hey, look over there".....

Americas, and in particular Trumps, response to this crisis has been inept at best and criminal at worst. I just hope the american people are brave enough to face up to decisions been made on their behalf when this is all over.

But do you believe the leaders of China Sweden the uk France Italy and Spain should be arrested for criminality?
    You must it’s weird, like very weird to care more about trump says and does then your own leader here.

Why do the anti trump lot on here care so much about the leader of America
    Do you care about Jinping and his reckless empire building behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭threeball

But do you believe the leaders of China Sweden the uk France Italy and Spain should be arrested for criminality?
    You must it’s weird, like very weird to care more about trump says and does then your own leader here.

Why do the anti trump lot on here care so much about the leader of America
    Do you care about Jinping and his reckless empire building behaviour?

I think you'll find most people do. They'd have no truck with Trump, Johnson, Jinping or any other leader who basically lies consistently to reach an objective which enriches their cronies and neglects the ordinary people. They have massive propaganda machines behind them and suck in loads of useful idiots to help their cause. Jinping doesn't even have to bother to cajole useful idiots, he just uses the boot.

Why do you care about defending him so vehemently? Hes obviously a buffoon on top of all his other undesireable traits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

What time tonight GMT is this absolute fúcknugget's Presser?

After today we could all do with a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Watching the briefing live.

Jesus fuccking christ America is fuccked, this is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

He bullies the reporters....never gives a straight answer

Advertisement