Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American response

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Probably safest that Trump is as far away from the levers as possible to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

in the interests of objectivity, i cant wait to hear the response to this. be careful now with any racist jingoism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXciKni-__M&feature=youtu.be

I think posting that with the comment "in the interests of objectivity" is deeply childish for a start and has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, which is Covid-19 related.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I think posting that with the comment "in the interests of objectivity" is deeply childish for a start and has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, which is Covid-19 related.

Please stop
    This thread is used for nothing more than an attack on Donald trump
    Have you read the last 10 posts for example

On here Donald j trump is held accountable for every death from the virus and everything else that goes wrong in America
    Not enough ventilators that’s on trump
    I am waiting for one of ye to declare Dogs are preferred to cats by majority of Americans - that’s on trump as well as being racist Towards all cats

But i have a theory that posters like you need trump just as much as cnn, you define your lives by your stance on trump and probably Johnson too
    There is a syndrome which I can’t remember the name of that explains why people who wish to fight racism sexism ‘the man’ but in today’s world there is no ‘Man’ no racism no sexism no homophobia and so they must become social justice warriors and go after how people actually think.
    Sad really

Please stop

But i have a theory that posters like you need trump....

Oh come off it! You're goading them and prolonging the off topic aspects.

And, I have no personal interest in Trump at all. I haven't done anything but look at the covid-19 position, so the 'posters like you' comment is totally inappropriate .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is a theory that some people view lying, cheating, laziness and incompetence as bad things.

Still waiting for that list of policies that Trump delivered.

But as usual, yet another post complaining about how unfair everybody is being, how Trump is so put upon. Like Trump, you have actually nothing to argue for only against.

In an election year this should be pretty easy. Why do you think Trump should be voted for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Please stop

On here Donald j trump is held accountable for every death from the virus and everything else that goes wrong in America

I am waiting for one of ye to declare Dogs are preferred to cats by majority of Americans - that’s on trump as well as being racist Towards all cats

But i have a theory that posters like you need trump just as much as cnn, you define your lives by your stance on trump and probably Johnson too
    There is a syndrome which I can’t remember the name of that explains why people who wish to fight racism sexism ‘the man’ but in today’s world there is no ‘Man’ no racism no sexism no homophobia and so they must become social justice warriors and go after how people actually think.
    Sad really

Says the person childishly referring to Hillary Clinton as "Killary" :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Sad really

Wait - wtf?! This is very, very, very easily provable as false. No one could be ignorant to that degree. You must be enjoying the windups and trolling. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,095 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Wait - wtf?! This is very, very, very easily provable as false. No one could be ignorant to that degree. You must be enjoying the windups and trolling. Strange.

When you spend so long slurping the Trump Juice its to be expected that that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

pjohnson wrote: »
    When you spend so long slurping the Trump Juice its to be expected that that will happen.

Fully expecting them to start mentioning the red pill soon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Please stop

And you use the thread to attack his rivals or anyone else you feel like. Examples - "killary" "racist Joe" "racist Obama" "rapist Bill Clinton". It's one rule for you and another for everyone else - quite Trumpian. Your posts are pure drivel and contain nothing of substance. That's why no one in here takes you seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And you use the thread to attack his rivals or anyone else you feel like. Examples - "killary" "racist Joe" "racist Obama" "rapist Bill Clinton". It's one rule for you and another for everyone else - quite Trumpian. Your posts are pure drivel and contain nothing of substance. That's why no one in here takes you seriously.

In a nutshell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I've noticed many of the same people giving out about insulting Biden and Hilary are the very same people that would insult Trump and Gemma.
    When you have no argument you attach silly labels to people like Trump does. It's the debased level of public discourse he has championed for those otherwise incapable of articulating any complaint against others.

Here's you talking about Gemma.
    Disgusting they have been driven out by this psycho.

Surely Twitter must take action?

Will the US reach the 100k death figure today or tomorrow? The peak seems to have been reached but numbers are dropping very slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

Will the US reach the 100k death figure today or tomorrow? The peak seems to have been reached but numbers are dropping very slowly

Probably tomorrow. Reporting tends to be down (everywhere) over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,496 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The milestone was reached all ready.

2u2me wrote: »
    I've noticed many of the same people giving out about insulting Biden and Hilary are the very same people that would insult Trump and Gemma.

No one has been giving out about insulting Biden and Hillary, it's the double standards that's the issue. It's an important distinction. The quack can insult Biden etc but when anyone criticises Trump, they're turning it into a "Trump bashing thread". You can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Everything in any way positive that happens, he claims is all his doing. Hes only being held to the same standards for the bad stuff.

Even when he does exactly the same things he attacked obama for, somehow that's the fault of people that point it out.

The sad part in all this is the way you and others like you lick his boots. It's like some form of mental illness.

Again, if he was still a Democrat, youd be attacking him for all the stuff you're claiming is fine now.

Everything in any way positive that happens, he claims is all his doing. Hes only being held to the same standards for the bad stuff.

Even when he does exactly the same things he attacked obama for, somehow that's the fault of people that point it out.

The sad part in all this is the way you and others like you lick his boots. It's like some form of mental illness.

Again, if he was still a Democrat, youd be attacking him for all the stuff you're claiming is fine now.

part of the discussion of americas response to the covid virus is who will be americas next president? will the virus and trumps response help get biden elected?

i want to discuss biden and his use of the virus to help him get elected
    in this thread

if any mod has an issue with this please state your bias now or forever hold your peace.

my posts have no been worse then alot of the posts on here about trump.
    also i have not personally attacked any posters here, i did report posts on personal attacks on me and no mod action was taken. fair enough at least i know what this thread is.

we should be able to discuss this link as it all part of the covid fallout -

what is obvious about this is china dont want trump in power, they want biden as he and his fellow democrats are no threat to China and even worse many of them are bought and paid for by the CCP.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-warns-us-against-sparking-cold-war

part of the discussion of americas response to the covid virus is who will be americas next president? will the virus and trumps response help get biden elected?

in this thread

if any mod has an issue with this please state your bias now or forever hold your peace.

So if a mod disagrees with you then it's "bias"? I love how you are getting that in early so you can claim mod bias when you get banned.

also i have not personally attacked any posters here, i did report posts on personal attacks on me and no mod action was taken. fair enough at least i know what this thread is.

what is obvious about this is china dont want trump in power, they want biden as he and his fellow democrats are no threat to China and even worse many of them are bought and paid for by the CCP.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-warns-us-against-sparking-cold-war[/quote]

Any evidence for that claim?

Also, while on that subject what do you think about Trump being tied to Chines banks and stayed owned construction firms? How much does he owe them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

in this thread

Biden's little finger knows more about pandemic viruses and their management than Trump knows, has known or will ever know. If you're going to criticise Biden, you'd be a fool to introduce Covid-19.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Biden's little finger knows more about pandemic viruses and their management than Trump knows, has known or will ever know. If you're going to criticise Biden, you'd be a fool to introduce Covid-19.

What does Biden know about pandemics?

Did he study medicine or the required course as part of the 3 degrees he got ? Or is it because he was around during the 1918 Spanish flu?

So if a mod disagrees with you then it's "bias"? I love how you are getting that in early so you can claim mod bias when you get banned.

Also, while on that subject what do you think about Trump being tied to Chines banks and stayed owned construction firms? How much does he owe them?[/QUOTE]

and this is telling - when i get banned, not if but when.

plenty of evidence of many democrats working for china - but where is your independent concrete evidence that trump is personally tied to chinese banks and state owned construction companies?
    you dont have any bar more spin and lies.

Also, while on that subject what do you think about Trump being tied to Chines banks and stayed owned construction firms? How much does he owe them?

and this is telling - when i get banned, not if but when.

plenty of evidence of many democrats working for china - but where is your independent concrete evidence that trump is personally tied to chinese banks and state owned construction companies?
    you dont have any bar more spin and lies.

Lear to quote correctly, fix that unreadable mess of a post and then I will reply to you.

Blueshoe wrote: »

Did he study medicine or the required course as part of the 3 degrees he got ? Or is it because he was around during the 1918 Spanish flu?

Have a read of this. Then ask yourself this question: Could Trump could write the same? Answer is 'No'. Not in a month of Sundays.

Lear to quote correctly, fix that unreadable mess of a post and then I will reply to you.

there is no further response needed, your post above is all i need.
    danke schoen.

there is no further response needed, your post above is all i need.
    danke schoen.

Hey you're the one who created a post that's unreadable! I suppose it's an easy dodge for you though, helps you to avoid backing up idiotic claims in your posts.

I would have thought any enemy of the US would want to keep Trump in power. He's destroying the US from within, further dividing them.

Blueshoe wrote: »

He's 4 years older than Trump. You'd swear the age gap was 20 or 30 years the way you go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Have a read of this. Then ask yourself this question: Could Trump could write the same? Answer is 'No'. Not in a month of Sundays.

No-one makes the best poet the president?

Anyway I'd say Biden had as much input to the writing of that as Trump has on Melania's make-up.

Also it's just wrong. "Diseases don't stop at borders or walls" They do if you enact quarantine for people. Just ask the Taiwanese.
    Taiwan's government introduced a travel ban on visitors from China, Hong Kong and Macau soon after the number of coronavirus cases began to rise in mainland China.
    https://www.dw.com/en/taiwan-coronavirus/a-52724523

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    No-one makes the best poet the president?

What?
    Anyway I'd say Biden had as much input to the writing of that as Trump has on Melania's make-up.

Given Biden's education, political experience and intelligence, I'm certain that he wrote it himself. If Trump attempted to write that piece it would be something, something, inject bleach, stick ultraviolet up your anus.
    Also it's just wrong. "Diseases don't stop at borders or walls" They do if you enact quarantine for people. Just ask the Taiwanese.

No they don't. Taiwan has had coronavirus cases and deaths. Biden is 100% correct. Viruses don't stop at borders or walls. Fact.

Advertisement